Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know he's not good enough and never will be (and gets far too much ott personal boo boy treatment off sections of the crowd for me like) but me and the lads have this theory that it's written in the stars for him to do something historic for the club. Like we're going to reach a cup final (don't laugh) and he'll be the one who pops up with the winner. For all his shitness, you just get this feeling he will write himself into folklore somehow..bit like his mackem slayer tag but much more important.

Was at the game last night (I'm half Nigerian), and Shola was surprisingly good against a pretty strong Italian side. It was just one of those nights where all the little flicks and turns he tried actually came off, rather than him just falling over and looking like a lemon. The Nigerian fans also had two of my favourite chants I've heard at a game:

Nigeria with an attacking free-kick/corner- "Into the net! Into the net! Into the net!"

Nigeria defending a free-kick/corner- "Over the bar! Over the bar! Over the bar!"

:lol:

We all know he's not good enough and never will be (and gets far too much ott personal boo boy treatment off sections of the crowd for me like) but me and the lads have this theory that it's written in the stars for him to do something historic for the club. Like we're going to reach a cup final (don't laugh) and he'll be the one who pops up with the winner. For all his shitness, you just get this feeling he will write himself into folklore somehow..bit like his mackem slayer tag but much more important.

Maybe he'll drop Mike Ashley one day.

:lol:

Love Shola me. Delighted for him.

Algeria through, not undeservedly, though they almost scored a spectacular own goal in the last minute of injury time which would have put them out. Pretty conventional line-up of African qualifiers really (is it even the same five as last time actually?), after it looked like Burkina Faso, Ethiopia and naughty wee Cape Verde might have been able to shake things up a bit.