Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm utterly amazed that Rodgers has Liverpool scoring for fun. Although it certainly helps having Suarez in the form of his life.

Wish I hadn't caught the result, would've loved to have watched motd tonight and get an unexpected Spuds pasting. :D

Suarez is unstoppable at the minute like, 17 goals in 11 games is incredible. Total cunt of a bloke but one hell of a player, he'll probably be the next target of a mega bid for Madrid come summer.

Suarez is unstoppable at the minute like, 17 goals in 11 games is incredible. Total cunt of a bloke but one hell of a player, he'll probably be the next target of a mega bid for Madrid come summer.

Aye and just like last summer the Liverpool fans will be utterly shocked that he isn't aware that he's already at the biggest and bestest club in the world.

Aye and just like last summer the Liverpool fans will be utterly shocked that he isn't aware that he's already at the biggest and bestest club in the world.

:lol: But he signed a new contract!!! I've little doubt the contract he supposedly signed includes a release clause this time around.

Anyone see the motd 2 clip of his press conference when he was asked if he was happy with the players signed with the Bale money?.....sounded very much like he didn't have that much of a say in who came in tbh.....this happened before with Spurs when they got another foreign manager with one very good season behind him to coach a new set of players he had little say in recruiting; that time they were in the bottom 3 when Juande Ramos was sacked and they got Redknapp in.

Thing is, the DoF Daniel Commoli was fired too for appointing him, so Franco Baldini could now be for the chop too, seeing as he didn't think it would be a problem integrating as many foreign players all at the same time. This is completely against the DoF policy, which is designed to ensure continuity in senior management at the club and to make sure the man with ultimate responsibility for spending large amounts of the clubs money is doing it in a careful and responsible manner. Looks like Levy isn't learning from his mistakes....

As you say the problems at Spurs are really self-inflicted. I don't rate AVB as a manager and never have and could see right from the start the problems he was going to run into at Spurs, notwithstanding the way he sets sides up to be careful and technical...This runs against the grain of what the support want to see on a Saturday and the only way around this is that he had to keep winning and get into the top 4 and look like staying there...That is in serious doubt now and the focus has shifted to how much they have spent and so on...The side has been misfiring all season and imo mainly because of his reluctance to play two strikers or at least Adebayor and one supporting striker who isn't sitting as deep as the Titanic.

Tbf he has been given players regardless of the price tag who are new to the league and although promising would under any manager need time to gel. Ericksen and Lamela are very good prospects and one or two years down the road possible match winners but they aren't that now. Lennon is a poor crosser and a poor decision maker and Townsend is just finding his feet and both will remain inconsistent for a while yet. AVB has been over concerned about protecting the def by playing often two DM's and this is anathema to the fans, especially at home where quite a few games Spurs have stuttered failed to find the cohesion the team sheet hints should be there...After 100m the project has gone backwards mainly cause AVB isn't that adventurous or insightful but also cause a whole load of 'promising' players have been asked to do the impossible.

Capello is the early favourite, highly unlikely with the WC coming up.

I'd say either Hiddink till the end of the season (he's taking over Holland again after the WC) or Michael Laudrup.

Champions League round of 16 draw:

Manchester City v Barcelona

Olympiakos v Manchester United

AC Milan v Atletico Madrid

Bayer Leverkusen v Paris St-Germain

Galatasaray v Chelsea

Schalke v Real Madrid

Zenit St Petersburg v Dortmund

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

They got lucky with Redknapp....Levy will be incredibly fortunate to repeat that again. Its really not all AVB's fault, its Baldini who blew all the loot, why he felt the need to do that fuck knows. It would be interesting to have a look at who the agents involved in a lot of their deals were. If it was mostly the same one or two then the spurs fans have been royally stitched.

As you say the problems at Spurs are really self-inflicted. I don't rate AVB as a manager and never have and could see right from the start the problems he was going to run into at Spurs,

...which is why you predicted a 4th place finish for them ahead of Arsenal and Liverpool?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34345-predictions-20132014/?p=1214433

;)

@InfostradaLive: André Villas-Boas leaves as Spurs manager. He won 1.83 points per PL match at Spurs, the highest average of all Spurs managers in PL Era.

BBC write up says the highest win percentage of any Tottenham manager since 1899.

...which is why you predicted a 4th place finish for them ahead of Arsenal and Liverpool?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34345-predictions-20132014/?p=1214433

;)

Tbf that was in mid-July before I saw the full calamity of the avb...My record once the season started has been to continually mock the ginger one...You can check with Tooj who still loves the ginger hamster no doubt. ;)

BBC write up says the highest win percentage of any Tottenham manager since 1899.

How much of that is Gareth Bale responsible for I wonder? :scratchchin:

I can see AVB getting another role of the dice somewhere decent by the way. Maybe Milan when they sack Allegri - which should've probably happened already but may happen next week when they lose the derby. :up:

He must be top of the table for managers compensation fee. :up: