Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now with West Ham 9 points behind us and Stoke 6, I'm beginning to think we won't finish in the top half of the league unless we get some more points on the board. And I'm not sure we will after our recent results and the way we played. Stoke could well be 3 points behind us this weekend if they win cos I see us getting hammered again by Man.Ure.

I can't be bothered with a full summer of Liverpool dedicated programmes on Sky Sports either, if they win the league.

They've already started, got a Daniel Sturridge programme in circulation, repeated every other day it seems.

Love reading about how Liverpool are this plucky little underdog who might beat the big, bad super-rich clubs. I'll give them a bit of credit if they manage it, but they've spent loads of money and are backed by a pretty wealthy man themselves.

I see a lot of similarities between the attitude to Liverpool now and Man U just as it looked like Fergie was about to deliver their first title in 26 years especially where the media is concerned. The amount of times you heard the 'Holy grail' shit spouted about Man U's title hopes was nauseous, it was about this time also when I first heard the term 'theatre of dreams' which was another piece of advertising the media were happy to peddle for MUFC, a bit like how Anfield's famous European nights was always mentioned in their so called dark days. It has to be said, both clubs enjoyed some good success in their 'wilderness years'.

They have both enjoyed prolonged success at exactly the right time in history, the coloured TV era, the era of major sponsorship and a more biased media desperate to fill their 24/7 media coverage with one eye on who the sponsors would prefer to be associated with.

Fuck Liverpool, fuck Man U, fuck Man City, Asenal and Chelsea too. Spurs also get a disproportionate coverage in this media lead sport. Can't really say I actively care which one win wins it.

The Premiership title is an absolute irrelevance to 75 to 80 percent of the Premiership. And I don't just mean within the confines of one season, I mean over the long term. It'll be as irrelevant to those teams 10 or 20 years from now, as it is today, barring the new holy grail of becoming a Russian/Arab plaything.

Unless the title race comes down to a last day decider, it's not even worth paying attention to unless you support one of the clubs involved. What a fucking rubbish sport this is these days.

Didn't realise I was watching the match on MUTV.

"We hope they do this, we hope they do that".

I know they're going to be biased but fuck me, rein it in a little.

Townshend let a little "Go on" escape when welbeck fluffed his chance

Catwomananne_hathaway_catwoman_dark_knight_rises

or Catwoman? a374_Katzen.jpg

or Cat Lady?

Eleanor_Abernathy.png

Having met me, you know which one I'm most like.

Anyway, this game just got interesting. AND Barca are losing :o