Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that was a bizarre one... Although they lost control of the game when they put Eto'o on actually. I think they stood more chance with 6 on the field. Taking Cole off allowed Atleti to stretch them.

Fantastic stuff from Atletico.

Mourinho had this coming to him. Cant setup like this always, although to be fair he does make it work more times than not. Anyway, I think this will make for the better final. Chelsea would have made it a borefest.

Aye the set up has worked really well in the past, I think it helps that Atletico are brilliant defensively and very patient as well so they weren't able to catch them on the break like they have with teams in the past. Glad Athletico will probably win this (don't want to jinx owt) as they've been the better side over the two legs, it's going to be an interesting final in all.

Find it strange mind that there's a little bit of a 'Mourinho keeps failing in the semi finals' narrative growing amongst some.

Find it bizarre that a manager taking his teams as far in the competition as often as he has and has also won it twice in the last 10 years isn't praised for their consistency in a very difficult competition, even for the very biggest teams, but rather picked at for going out in the top 4.

Find it strange mind that there's a little bit of a 'Mourinho keeps failing in the semi finals' narrative growing amongst some.

Find it bizarre that a manager taking his teams as far in the competition as often as he has and has also won it twice in the last 10 years isn't praised for their consistency in a very difficult competition, even for the very biggest teams, but rather picked at for going out in the top 4.

Completely agree with you. I thought they were taking the piss when they were on about him possibly leaving in the summer on beIN Sport :lol:

Really hope Athletico win it. Thought they looked brilliant in the second half and seemed to be able to change their tactics very easily though out the game depending on the situation. Great, intelligent football.