Other Games

Park Life

I would have taken Carroll. Everyone will be Spanish wannabes, can't believe even England are trying it but there it is. A great beast of a man winning everything in the air and battering these one touch ponces upside the head would offer pleasant relief.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have been furious if I were Woy. This was a pre-World Cup friendly, yet Honduras were flying into tackles like it was the 4th round of the FA Cup.

This was supposed to be an exercise in energy management. England up against teams used to the heat, trying to break them down. Play controlled football, emphasis on ball retention. Instead, both opposition sides were too keen on betting a result against "England". Tbh they'd have been better off facing sides like Japan or Korea ( obviously those not in the WC) instead of sides who've a reputation for "niggly" tackling.

Some of the movement was excellent but there lacks a final touch that more experienced strikers have.

That aside, the focus must switch from intricate central play to wing play whenever Lambert is introduced.

Agree with your post there Fish, I'm just glad the team got through without any injuries the way the Hondurans were flying in.

We were starting to really gain a foothold in the game but then there was that break in play and Honduras come out kicking our lot up a height. I'd have been half tempted to have them walk off if I was Roy as they kept it up in the 2nd half too, hopefully thats the last time we play them in a friendly. I was disappointed we didnt win either game and the low amount of shots on target is worrying, too much faffing around on the edge of the box.

• 1 month later...

ManUre beat Real Madrid 3 - 1 in front of 109,000+ spectators today in Michigan, USA. Biggest crowd to ever watch a soccer match in the USA. Bigger than the 80,000+ at the World Cup final in California, USA.

That's right, 109,000+

• 2 weeks later...

Ex-Newcastle Academy 'keeper Mark Gillespie is putting on a clinic in the League Cup game against Derby.

Literally as I type this, Derby have just scored :lol: