Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they going to be able to withstand the likes of Bayern though? That raw physical power? Im surprised they havent beefed up considering what happened last season. I love their style of play and personally dont get why some people get annoyed with the 'tika takka' or whatever they call it, but there's no doubt teams like Cheslea and Bayern have learned to bully them out of games.

I really thought they would go for someone like Hummels in defence and a strong physical runner in attack to cover that part of the game they've been lacking since Toure and Ibrahimovich left.

They aren't really playing "tiki taka" tonight. At times executing the basic principles but they've been a lot more direct- Similar to Swansea when Laudrup replaced Rodgers.

I think they'll cope with the best.

Not sure why they'd go for Hummels due to him being a footballing centre half like Pique is, they'd be a disaster together.

What they have needed for a couple of seasons is somebody who just loves to defend to replace Puyol.

They aren't really playing "tiki taka" tonight. At times executing the basic principles but they've been a lot more direct- Similar to Swansea when Laudrup replaced Rodgers.

I think they'll cope with the best.

Yeah I was speaking in general.

Not sure why they'd go for Hummels due to him being a footballing centre half like Pique is, they'd be a disaster together.

What they have needed for a couple of seasons is somebody who just loves to defend to replace Puyol.

Thats why I thought they'd be in for him, their style of player despite the physical presence, would give them a bit of steel in defending (and attacking I suppose) set pieces. Thats why they are apparently in for Luiz too, the very definition of a footballing centre half. Puyol is no nonsense but I think if we made a list of defenders who were comfortable on the ball from his generation he would be right up there.

Agree with that. Don't want two fancy boys.

They've been linked with Agger and Luiz...

Thing is though Hummels sweeps things up just like Pique does, Luiz actually attacks the ball, especially when it's in the air, just like Puyol.

PSG v AC Ajaccio

PSG - 82% possession , 14 shots on target 14 shots off target , 12 Corners

AC Ajaccio - 1 shot on target , 1 Corner

1-1 FT :lol:

:lol:

..and PSG had to come from behind to equalise in the dying minutes.

The kind of game that gives us hope tonight.

PSV vs Milan is turning out to be a cracking game. (It was always going to be)

Cocu's Eindhoven has an average age of 20yrs which is mental for a Champions league game - they've won their first three domestic games too.

Disappointed we don't get to see Niang start mind - especially as this game dictates whether he stays or can go on loan.

PSV vs Milan is turning out to be a cracking game. (It was always going to be)

Cocu's Eindhoven has an average age of 20yrs which is mental for a Champions league game - they've won their first three domestic games too.

Disappointed we don't get to see Niang start mind - especially as this game dictates whether he stays or can go on loan.

Good game.