BREAKING FUCKING BAD **Spoilers**

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched it,

thought it had a bit too much neat sentimentality to it to be honest. However, it was still a great bit of television to round off a masterpiece of a series. The scene between Walt and Skyler was brilliant I thought. Glad Todd got knacked, the mental bastard.

A fitting ending. I'm mostly just sad that it's over. A little sentimentality after 5 seasons was welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Err, spoilers and all that.. It was the first time we see Walt openly admit his biggest shortcoming and own up to the lie he had been feeding all (including himself) for so long.

A fitting ending. I'm mostly just sad that it's over. A little sentimentality after 5 seasons was welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Err, spoilers and all that.. It was the first time we see Walt openly admit his biggest shortcoming and own up to the lie he had been feeding all (including himself) for so long.

Aye, personally I don't think it was needed to be honest. A bit too blatant, like telling the audience rather than showing the audience. Brilliant scene nonetheless though, him watching Flynn walking into that terraced house through the window was tragic I thought.

Yeah in terms of revelations it didn't technically need to be plainly said, but it was important for Skylar to hear the truth come from his lips, and perhaps mourn for the man she married.

. Gilligan explained that the reason Walt placed his watch (the one Jesse gave him for his 51st birthday) on top of the payphone after pretending to be the New York Times reporter was only retrofitted symbolism: The reason he had to do it was because they realized that in the flash-forward of him at Denny's that they'd shot for episode 501, Walt wasn't wearing a watch, so they had to explain where it went for continuity reasons. And so, out of necessity, they came up with what Gilligan called the "artsy fartsy" reason: It was a symbol of Walt, seeing the end is near, cutting ties with one of his "arch-nemeses," Jesse.

. Gilligan explained that the reason Walt placed his watch (the one Jesse gave him for his 51st birthday) on top of the payphone after pretending to be the New York Times reporter was only retrofitted symbolism: The reason he had to do it was because they realized that in the flash-forward of him at Denny's that they'd shot for episode 501, Walt wasn't wearing a watch, so they had to explain where it went for continuity reasons. And so, out of necessity, they came up with what Gilligan called the "artsy fartsy" reason: It was a symbol of Walt, seeing the end is near, cutting ties with one of his "arch-nemeses," Jesse.

Ahh, thank you

I loved it from start to finish.....but....I have to say like...

when that earlier episode ended with Hank in a shoot out we all said a major character like him isn't going to just die in the crossfire. Which is right.....but then they did exactly that to Walt? I can't imagine any other way, you wouldn't expect anyone to kill him, cos he has to be the smartest one in the room and outwit anyone that comes for him, it just felt anti climactic. The 50 minutes before that was all superb climax, though so it's a very minor gripe.

I loved it from start to finish.....but....I have to say like...

when that earlier episode ended with Hank in a shoot out we all said a major character like him isn't going to just die in the crossfire. Which is right.....but then they did exactly that to Walt? I can't imagine any other way, you wouldn't expect anyone to kill him, cos he has to be the smartest one in the room and outwit anyone that comes for him, it just felt anti climactic. The 50 minutes before that was all superb climax, though so it's a very minor gripe.

Walt accidentally killing himself felt more satisfying to me than Jesse pulling the trigger. Jesse throwing the gun down and finally get rid of Walt's shackles was also a satisfying ending for that character. Things are still pretty miserable for everyone left alive but those endings felt right for Walt and Jesse IMO.

No money to escape, no contact with Saul to help out, surely seen fleeing, prints all over the place, confession dvd potentially still at the Nazi base.

Jesse is going to prison for a very long time.

I was thinking the same. I wanted things to work out for him and in a way it did but his future isn't looking too bright.

I thought the whole series was a masterpiece from start to finish. Best bit of tv since the sopranos. I think I might have preferred it to that even

And I wouldn't say the ending was too sentimental either. It wasn't exactly a happy ending!

Well old misery chops here wasn't impressed. A very cliched end with all the boxes ticked and no doubt keeping most of the fans happy.

I still think that Ozymandias was a superb brutal ending and such a great show didn't need the Hollywood style tie up.

Sad it's over :(