BREAKING FUCKING BAD **Spoilers**

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were in the mindset of that being the last episode, you could kind of see it as being such, you might be annoyed that you didnt get to see Walts flas-forward come to reality, but it had lots of plot leads summed up in this episode, and both main characters had an ending as such, Walt going rogue and Jesse trapped in another situation.

From all the talk from the cast / Gilligan tough, the ending is supposed to blow our minds, and they've lived up to everything so far. Never been this excited to see the end of a series before!!

loads of references to things in that one

Bullet Hole with his fate? ( after that dozy bint dropped her oranges condemning him)

breaking-bad1.jpg

Walts trousers from the first season that he lost

breaking-bad-season-5-episode-14-walts-p

Walter white is scarface :D

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-walter-white-is-scarface-20120716

Can't see the first one.

Hank was on Talking Bad afterwards

http://www.videoweed.es/file/948812ada52c2

How thick are they? Discussing whether Walt knew the police were listening on the phone?

It was blatant what was happening there. I thought it went a little too far in Walt shouting "It was all me" rather than keeping it a subtle barrage of abuse, which he is clever enough to do. But it seems Americans, even then, found it too subtle to be sure if he was actually putting it on or not...even as he disguised his weeping throughout.

I think CT wasn't too absurd in thinking it was the last episode. If we had left Walt there it would have been a good ending. The only problem is Jessie. There's no way they could have left it with him in that situation.

Can't wait for the ending though now. I'm hopefully that it will be so good that it compensates for the fact that the show will be over.

How thick are they? Discussing whether Walt knew the police were listening on the phone?

It was blatant what was happening there. I thought it went a little too far in Walt shouting "It was all me" rather than keeping it a subtle barrage of abuse, which he is clever enough to do. But it seems Americans, even then, found it too subtle to be sure if he was actually putting it on or not...even as he disguised his weeping throughout.

agreed. I couldn't quite read Skyler during the scene to understand whether she knew what Walt was doing, but I hope you get some confirmation that she understood he was taking all the blame away from her (I'm sure she did understand it at the time, but i was so engrossed with what Walt was saying that I didn't really pay much attention to Skyler).

Edited by scotty84

agreed. I couldn't quite read Skyler during the scene to understand whether she knew what Walt was doing, but I hope you get some confirmation that she understood he was taking all the blame away from her (I'm sure she did understand it at the time, but i was so engrossed with what Walt was saying that I didn't really pay much attention to Skyler).

I hope not. Breaking Bad's magic is in its ambiguity.

I think CT wasn't too absurd in thinking it was the last episode. If we had left Walt there it would have been a good ending. The only problem is Jessie. There's no way they could have left it with him in that situation.

Can't wait for the ending though now. I'm hopefully that it will be so good that it compensates for the fact that the show will be over.

Disagree about that being a good ending for Walt. He's a tragic character and he still has to salvage some redemption first.

Disagree about that being a good ending for Walt. He's a tragic character and he still has to salvage some redemption first.

Did he not do that with the phone call and in the fire station? It's clear what his motivation was in making that call with the police obviously listening.

Though I suspect he will try and grap for further redemption with Jessie and that'll be when we see him come back. I also suspect that will be the end of him!

More confusing is why they took Jesse to cook, and not Walt.

Easier to control and manipulate than Walt?

I'm just glad that I finally caught up, it's been killing me watching this thread being updated and me unable to peek in.

Actually, why go back to cooking at all? They've just scored over $10m each. Unless it's cause the young lad fancies the chick.

Guess they had already taken the order from that bint so are just delivering on it.

The price of killing Jesse was that Walt would do a batch though...so they shouldn't really kill him if Walt has done a bunk and reneged on the deal.

He's got to come back for Jessie you would think but that whole bit with the lez from friends at the end has introduced something completely new into the mix. Does he want some sort of revenge on them or does he just want to show the world that he's not the monster that everyone now believes he is?

He's got to come back for Jessie you would think but that whole bit with the lez from friends at the end has introduced something completely new into the mix. Does he want some sort of revenge on them or does he just want to show the world that he's not the monster that everyone now believes he is?

Walt's Heisenberg persona stemmed from his first initial shun from Grey Matter technology, when they were nominated for a Nobel Prize and he wasn't included as part of the research team. This started his desire to be respected and acclaimed, and we've seen it time and time again when he's not given appropriate respect he turns into Heisenberg. HIs final talk with Sol highlighted this again, others taking what is his, in this case he refers to his 'life's work' now as his meth money and family, and vows revenge on the nazi gang.

He seems to calm and calm and almost realise he's dead and gone in the months he's in the cabin, and has almost completely gave up when his call with Jnr ends, virtually handing himself over to the police with his open call. but when hearing the Grey team on TV, it stirs Heisenberg once more, going back to the start of all his frustration, and its clear he is going to take revenge on the Nazi group for taking his money and killing Hank. I don't think we'll see Walt taking revenge on the Grey Matter team as you suggest, but it was mearly a catalyst for his final push next week.