Manchester City v Newcastle

McFaul

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this result, is what Ashley was looking for to get rid of Pardew. My biggest worry will be Kinnear getting job but I don't trust Ashley to get right Manager, even if he's doesn't ask Kinnear.

Incredible how a group of people can so collectively agree that a tonking is totally expected, that the board and DoF have totally let down the manager, that this was the case even before Cabaye was pulled late in the day......and then that group can still express incredulity when it goes exactly as expected...and then blame the manager even with stupid player errors largely to blame.

Pardew is an incompetent manager, no doubt. We will not employ a competent manager. We will not back that manager irrespective of competence. I only hope for the best from him.

This not playing of Cabob because a bid had been put in for him is a joke, and surely our Joke Kinnear had to have a hand in that. That's a rubbish way to operate based on bids for a player which might not materialize in a sale. Mind you I'm not sure his presence would have affected the result based on last season's performance.

Incredible how a group of people can so collectively agree that a tonking is totally expected, that the board and DoF have totally let down the manager, that this was the case even before Cabaye was pulled late in the day......and then that group can still express incredulity when it goes exactly is expected...and then blame the manager even with stupid player errors largely to blame.

Pardew is an incompetent manager, no doubt. We will not employ a competent manager. We will not back that manager irrespective of competence. I only hope for the best from him.

This.

If people hadn't figured it out by the return of JFK , they're never going to.

He's (Ashley) taking the fucking piss, big style.

The result was no surprise, it's the manner of defeat. By the sounds of it no pace creativity or organisation. All problems that nearly got us relegated and which we've had the off season to address. Incompetence.

The season couldn't have started any worse, the worst thing about it is the fact it is no surprise. There's no solidity, no real purpose. From the top to the bottom we are an absolute mess. When a manager has no say in his squad you have no cohesion, and it shows vehemently with that performance . Fair enough not many teams will go to the Etihad this season and get points but from the get go we were like a fucking sieve. But like I said before it was no real surprise, when we are actually weaker than last season. Un-fucking-believable why someone with such apathy for a football club can still pursue ownership.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Seems like the same old issues weve had last season, completely comical defending - silly cards and a lack of confidence all round.

Of course city away is a hard first game, of course we were likely to lose it, but rather than giving it a go lately, weve parked the bus and let 100 mil rated players take it in turns to ply their trade. You cant get a result from that.

End of the day pardew still has a lot of work to do, sorting out signings with kinnear and finding a way to get the talent in the team to perform is only the beginning.

Of course the cabaye bullshit didnt help -and seemed a bullshit tactic from arsene to deflect attention away from his sinking ship - but I reckon it was a pretty convenient excuse for pardew as well -dont play your best midfielder and then you can peg the loss on that.

I reckon we got off light though -no offence to fat sam, but if this was against west ham away id be a lot more concerned, losing heavy to potential champions away on opening day with a thin squad is expected to a degree. Pards has 5 days now to prove that it was a case of outplayed by champs - not that the team has collapsed before the season has begun.

There was a time when we used to up our game against the bigger teams, and at least come out of it with some pride. The pathetic display tonight sickened me. Honestly, this bunch are gutless, spineless and completely without a clue. Pardew is shite, but with JFK standing in the wings, rubbing his hands with glee and waiting to get back in the managers chair, we are truly fucked. Cabaye will be off to PSG, and I really would not be surprised if HBA ended up going to the scousers before the end of this window. And of course, no one will be brought in to replace them. That basically leaves Krul and Colo as the only competent footballers in the whole bloody squad. At least until someone waves their wallet at Ashley and he cashes in on them too.

Utter, utter shite. And given that we played the same fucking crap that almost got us relegated last season, it is unfortunately looking pretty much nailed on for May. After one game against the potential league champions that's a pretty shit place to be in, but honestly, I don't see us doing anything different against anyone else. We weren't even championship quality tonight, and I struggle to see anything changing.

There was a time when we used to up our game against the bigger teams, and at least come out of it with some pride. The pathetic display tonight sickened me. Honestly, this bunch are gutless, spineless and completely without a clue. Pardew is shite, but with JFK standing in the wings, rubbing his hands with glee and waiting to get back in the managers chair, we are truly fucked. Cabaye will be off to PSG, and I really would not be surprised if HBA ended up going to the chippy most nights before the end of this window. And of course, no one will be brought in to replace them. That basically leaves Krul and Colo as the only competent footballers in the whole bloody squad. At least until someone waves their wallet at Ashley and he cashes in on them too.

Utter, utter shite. And given that we played the same fucking crap that almost got us relegated last season, it is unfortunately looking pretty much nailed on for May. After one game against the potential league champions that's a pretty shit place to be in, but honestly, I don't see us doing anything different against anyone else. We weren't even championship quality tonight, and I struggle to see anything changing.

I fully expected a kicking, but it was the manner in which the kicking come that I'm embarrassed about we didn't threaten at all. I can't remember us having a shot on target, BBC says we had one. It's becoming every season we get a kicking from this lot, no one else rolls over for them the way we do. Taylor is a fucking wanker for his little stunt in all.