Manchester City v Newcastle

McFaul

Thats all well and good, but there are equally as many players who dont make the grade over here. Hopefully he will come good. (which was my original point).

Simpson never made the grade because he was no more than a cone. He knew his limitations and placed himself between the ball and the goal...he never displayed anything more than that.

You can see Debuchy has more about him than that. It's blatant. His tackling, positional sense and anticipation are evident much of the time, he just needs to build some consistency.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy face is dead on and I reckon the likes of sissoko, Anita and mbwia are all in the same boat. Expecting non premiership players to make impacts in the first season is a bit much, unless they are strikers. These 25 mil players might be premiership ready, but most aren't.

On topic, uff what a bag of shite. The players all just looked really frustrated and angry all game, seems they feel the same as most of us. Somethings got to give.

Edited by scoobos

we will be in another scrap unless ashley gets his big fat fucking prick arse in his fucking fat wollet and fucking spend the fucking fat prick cunterhead.

:thumbup:

The result was no surprise, it's the manner of defeat. By the sounds of it no pace creativity or organisation. All problems that nearly got us relegated and which we've had the off season to address. Incompetence.

Exactly.

The way everyone was just getting shrugged off the ball. The way we left huge spaces on the pitch. The way nobody seemed to be within 40 yards of Cisse. The way movement off the ball seemed just non existent. The way we couldnt string three passes together. The fact we seem to worked on absolutely none of the problems from last season.

For me we appear to have quite a few decent footballers but our system and style is all over the place. Which you would say would put me in the sack Pardew camp. But that would only see Kinnear put in charge. What I'm trying to say it, we look slightly fucked.

cisse seems clueless once he has the ball unless he is going to shoot, piss poor effort from him. i made sure i stayed away from any football all day yesterday because i PVR'd the game, what a fucking waste of time......oh and cabaye can fuck right off too.

Cisse had some poor touches and was weak on the ball but all in all I am not going to complain about him when there's no black and white shirt around him for 40 yards. Its been that way for a while now as well, he must be the most frustrated striker in the league right now.

Cisse looked disinterested, a couple of yards off the pace and weak as piss.

Too many shisha pipes on Westgate Road IMO.

He was up against Kompany ffs.

Cisse had some poor touches and was weak on the ball but all in all I am not going to complain about him when there's no black and white shirt around him for 40 yards. Its been that way for a while now as well, he must be the most frustrated striker in the league right now.

Cisse's performance last night reminded me of Owen's the season we went down..."back to goal, hold the ball up" isn't his game, so he keeps on making his runs, knowing full well the ball is unlikely to ever reach him in the right areas.

Edited by PaddockLad

In all honesty he did try to hold it up once or twice but was never going to be successful against Kompany not to mention the complete lack of support from teammates.

No doubt there's some things he could be doing better but I dont know what we expect from him when we play him alone upfront without another player within miles of him and then lump it up against the likes of Kompany and co.

For me we appear to have quite a few decent footballers but our system and style is all over the place. Which you would say would put me in the sack Pardew camp. But that would only see Kinnear put in charge. What I'm trying to say it, we look slightly fucked.

That's about where I am on things too.

That's it. The problem is not the result but how we play. A loss against City was always very likely but the performance was just rank as well. And that's the continuity from last season tbh

We put some decent one touch stuff together last night, no long ball apart from Krul clearing it. The problem is when entering the final third we've got Man City to compete with and we looked out of ideas.

We won't be playing them every week and our movement will be more effective. We need to get the idea out of our heads that we're beaten before the match kicks off though.