Manchester City v Newcastle

McFaul

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score could be anything really, rarely went in to a season with less hope.

One good piece of news, Jonas will miss it due to injury apparently.

That is the only good news!

Once again Pardew seems to have no idea how to get the best out of this lot and play creative attacking football.

I fear a good kicking.

how's that good news? one of the players who features most for us is injured and he's probably the one who works the hardest to track back to support the full back is going to miss the game against one of the best attacks in the league?

rather him on than marveuax watching as navas blasts down the wing to take on santon or debuchy

It's tremendous news, he's a plodder he creates fuck all and the majority of the people who see him every week will recognise this. He's nothing more than a grafter who creates little and leaves his best performances firmly in the pre-season. His tracking back to support the defence is all well and good, but a team that conceded 68 goals in the league last season, I don't necessarily thing that contribution is telling. He creates little or fuck all going forward, and my patience is long since blown with him. We lost 4-0 there last season with Jonas "tracking back" helping the full back, well we can't do any worse than that this season.

That is the only good news!

Once again Pardew seems to have no idea how to get the best out of this lot and play creative attacking football.

I fear a good kicking.

Aye, I'm more hopeful with Jonas missing though. I hope he abandons the pathetic 4231 though, but I very much doubt it.

It's tremendous news, he's a plodder he creates fuck all and the majority of the people who see him every week will recognise this. He's nothing more than a grafter who creates little and leaves his best performances firmly in the pre-season. His tracking back to support the defence is all well and good, but a team that conceded 68 goals in the league last season, I don't necessarily thing that contribution is telling. He creates little or fuck all going forward, and my patience is long since blown with him. We lost 4-0 there last season with Jonas "tracking back" helping the full back, well we can't do any worse than that this season.

When he's on the pitch we concede less.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34236-which-players-make-us-harder-to-score-against/

We conceeded 68 goals last season because we had so many changes in defense, we lost tiote and cabaye for large parts, and more importantly we had captain homesick pissing off to argentina.

the tracking back and helping out is all well and good because it'll help us get the ball or slow down possibly the most creative side in the league, having someone like marveux on whose end product is better is totally and utterly useless if he does fuck all else, and especially if we can't get the ball to give to him anyway.

CT just agreed with you on a footballing matter, that should underline my point.

tbh think it's all a much of a muchness, we're playing title challangers with one of the strongest squads in the league, with a new manager and some new players looking to annouce themselves.

Bend over, lube up, we're in for a dicking

Just because CT agrees with me doesn't alter my point in any way shape or form. At the end of the day whatever people think about CT he pays his money and sees 19 games first hand every season, which in my view gives him a better platform to cast judgement over players than people watching them on Japanese internet streams.

Jonas provides absolutely fuck all, its alright defending from midfield but you want something going forward to. How many goals has he made over the last three seasons, I'm sure the ginger statto will tell me soon enough, but I bet its not many, and no where near the amount required for someone playing in his role. He's been shite since Enrique left, primarily because he got away with it because Enrique was so good going forward, that Jonas' attacking ineptitudes didn't really matter as much. Since then he's had Santon coming to grips with the English game, and has neglected his own attacking responsibilities hiding behind a work rate philosophy rather than one of the key parts of his role, which is to create chances for the striker(s). Often he's played deeper than he used to in the past, but he can't even do that very well, his passing isn't great, his crossing isn't great, he's just there, that is Jonas, he's just there in the right defensive position when teams counter attack. I want more than that, he was disgraceful in many game last season, really abysmal in terms of his overall contribution, and like I say it'll be interesting to see how much more fluid we'll be at the start of the season without him. The fact he's an absolute mainstay and never gets dropped in a massively underachieving team is telling for me as well.

Best time to play these sides is first game. When they start to get into their stride (8-10 games in) they'll be much more dangerous. As an attacking force they really didn't create much against Arsenal the other day. With Tevez and Aguero missing we could nick something. I don't see any point in getting negative about a game where we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I know we would all like to see the Keegan approach taken, but away to Man City, under Pardew, I don't see that as an issue.

We'll be playing for a point.

You're making out he's brilliant in this role though he's not. If we sold him with an adequate replacement I'd be delighted and I know for a fact so would most match going toon fans too.

Ideally Remy will end up playing where Jonas is as a fluid withdrawn forward/striker/winger type. Remy cutting in at pace is something to look forward to, along with Hatem doing the same the other flank.