Manchester City v Newcastle

McFaul

I fully expected a kicking, but it was the manner in which the kicking come that I'm embarrassed about we didn't threaten at all. I can't remember us having a shot on target, BBC says we had one. It's becoming every season we get a kicking from this lot, no one else rolls over for them the way we do. Taylor is a fucking wanker for his little stunt in all.

I can only think of Tiote with a frustrated punt from 20 yards .

If I was dealt said effort in a hand of Goal Threat Top Trumps I'd bin me fuckin hand .

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only think of Tiote with a frustrated punt from 20 yards .

If I was dealt said effort in a hand of Goal Threat Top Trumps I'd bin me fuckin hand .

:lol: Aye my mate told me it was Tiote who had a shot on target, I must have been in the bog and missed it. Shame as it's the best thing we did really aside from that Ben Arfa mazy run that paggered him out.

Very very poor show tbh, I know Pardew has to try and spin it but saying there are positives to take from this was pointless. We have a player injured (didn't look too bad mind), a player banned for 3 games, bottom of the table and showed no threat whatsoever. Aye it was Manchester City but to be honest I don't care if it's Barcelona you expect something more than that tbh. Was like Bellamy and his golf club vs Riise.

Reminded me of Gullits team. Undisciplined and no heart.

Early days but surely Pardews tactics couldnt have been that stupid. I sense massive unrest behind the scenes and the players didnt give 100%

Debuchy looks awful. I didnt rate him much last season but thought he'd get used to the pace and power. He clearly hasn't yet. He gets skinned so easily.

We committed 8 fouls last night. Total. Only Cardiff committed less all weekend.

We have the worst disciplinary record with 3 bookings and one straight red.

So half of our fouls were cards?!

Utterly feeble, and I tell you what if you care too much or think too hard you'll end up depressed such was the lack of anything positive yesterday. THE only positive was Tim Krul could've been 7 or 8 but for him, we could've conceded 3 or 4 in the first ten minutes.

Fucking gutted with the toon at the minute, and I don't want to repeat myself in the style of certain older deleted posters on here, but our transfer policy this summer has been a disgrace. I'm hanging on to the hope that the reason for this is he's finally going to sell. The worst thing is, last season we were the TENTH best supported club in Europe, and we were beaten before a ball was kicked. The body language of the players told you that. Utterly disgusting. Gutted beyond belief.

If you take away already relegated QPR, these are our last six games

Sunderland 0-3

WBA 1-1

Liverpool 0-6

West Ham 0-0

Arsenal 0-1

Man City 0-4

This wouldn't be acceptable for Crystal Palace or Hull let alone Europe's 20th richest club. I'm sure Ashley is doing this as payback for 6 years of abuse, the Kinnear appointment confirms that for me.

I agree with all of that.

Perch, Harper, Simpson and Ranger off the wage bill. Ba still not replaced. £60mil TV money. Cabaye on his way for £20mil. And a soon to be locked up rapist on loan as the only incoming player.

He'll make a £50mil profit this season ffs

Things I'd like to see from this game (apart from points).

Some of Debuchys much heralded class.

Ben Arfa showing he can play for the team more than himself.

Cabaye looking like the Cabaye of two seasons a go.

Sissoko showing that Chrlsea game potential.

Tiote back to his John Smiths best.

Cisse being fed.

They're my markets to see if we've recovered / learnt from last year.

Possibly Debuchy's worst game for us. Ignoring his glaring mistakes he had the worst outfield pass completion, he committed most fouls, was dispossessed more than 93% of players and got himself a pointless booking. Positives are that he made more tackles and more interceptions than any other player. He was just tortured all night long by top top quality, and wasn't getting much cover from anyone else playing on the right.

Ben Arfa looked fit again. Glad to see he's worked hard to shift his bait in pre-season. In terms of being a team player, he played 25 passes in 65 minutes, so 0.4 per minute. That's better than Debuchy, Cisse, Mbiwa, Sammy, Dummet, Taylor or Gutierez. He tried 3 dribbles. He had 3 shots, more than the rest of the team combined (2).

Cabaye... :(

Sissoko and Tiote (and Jonas) totally lost the fight for the middle of the park.

Cisse, weak as piss, he is the other 7%. Dispossessed 4 times didn't get a single shot off. Did a lot of running. Hope Remy helps him.

Ben Arfa showing he can play for the team more than himself.

First of all, is it an optical illusion or is he really morphing into Micky Quinn? If its purely over indulgence and not some illness then he should be training with the kids. As for the match he showed glimpses, but as Gouffran demonstrated, its very hard to hold up your run when you're not sure when the ball is going to arrive.

There would have been no ball at all if it wasn't for the amazing skill to get there in the first place but of course you just ignore that as always. :up:

Its only one game against one very good team and tbf we knew it was coming, but still, it looked little different to last year, Jonas is still there and Pardews game plan falls to bits in 6 minutes.

There's lots wrong at the minute and lots that wont change any time soon, but I still feel the players we have are capable of performing better than they are and for that reason the manager is the one who must either rectify it or fall on his sword.

I think he'll be gone fairly soon.

Debuchy no better than Simpson, Cabaye being sold, Jonas past it ( "it" never being great) would not be things Pardew could do anything about, surely?

Tiotes post match comments

"Honestly, I think we need some more players in the squad, because we don't have a big squad.

"Now we've got Steven Taylor out for three games and Jonas Gutierrez is injured.
"So, it's going to be tough on us becasue we don't have a big squad.
"I hope the chairman is going to spend money on the club."

Debuchy no better than Simpson, Cabaye being sold, Jonas past it ( "it" never being great) would not be things Pardew could do anything about, surely?

Well according to the "experts" on here, Debuchy is a very good footballer so why are we not getting the best out of him (and others).

Pardew picked Jonas.

Well according to the "experts" on here, Debuchy is a very good footballer so why are we not getting the best out of him (and others).

Pardew picked Jonas.

Debuchy is a good footballer. Anyone watching him can see that. He's just prone to panic with the pace of the game over here. We aren't seeing the best because that was his 15th game in the league. Do you not remember the mistakes that Coloccini and Enrique were making in our relegation season? They've become 2 quality premier League defenders though.

Debuchy is a good footballer. Anyone watching him can see that. He's just prone to panic with the pace of the game over here. We aren't seeing the best because that was his 15th game in the league. Do you not remember the mistakes that Coloccini and Enrique were making in our relegation season? They've become 2 quality premier League defenders though.

Thats all well and good, but there are equally as many players who dont make the grade over here. Hopefully he will come good. (which was my original point).