The En-ger-land Thread

Christmas Tree

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth give a 31 year old his international debut. Is Hodgson really saying he is considering someone who will be 32 next year to play in their first tournament in the heat of Brasil in the summer WTF!!

Because he deserved it.

Oh right I see silly me I thought the point of friendlies was to help build a team capable of competing. Now I realise they are just to hand out well done games to old players who have had a decent season.

They're also there to help Rooney's recuperation, get him back to match fitness for David Moyes.

Oh right I see silly me I thought the point of friendlies was to help build a team capable of competing. Now I realise they are just to hand out well done games to old players who have had a decent season.

It was one cap you drama queen.

Theres dozens of one cap wonders though, it not like it has never happened before...Kevin Davies was picked by Cappello etc. I imagine had Andy Carroll been fit he'd have had Lambert's place in the squad. Happy now petal? :)

Lambert took 3 mins to score a goal.Ratboy never scored in 8 games for England.

:lol:

Jesus read this last night and has not stopped weeping.

:lol:

Jesus read this last night and has not stopped weeping.

He's always been perceptive, that Jesus. "Truly I say unto you that one of you shall betray me", "This very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times", "essembee shall post something about Kevin Phillips' England record tomorrow morning", the list goes on...

(yes I'm bored)

He's always been perceptive, that Jesus. "Truly I say unto you that one of you shall betray me", "This very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times", "essembee shall post something about Kevin Phillips' England record tomorrow morning", the list goes on...

(yes I'm bored)

Bored? You know what would have cured that? a few beers with mates in a pub while watching the England game last night...

Highest scoring English player in the league - I don't see how Lambert's call up is that bad - though it did raise a chuckle because of his past I suppose.

We still have to qualify for Brazil yet....

I don't see the problem either. Quite the opposite - we should be calling up people from unfashionable clubs who are in form rather than the usual divas who think they deserve to be there on name value alone. We fucking seethed when Andy Cole didn't get a call-up while he was in his prime for us, after all.

I don't see the problem either. Quite the opposite - we should be calling up people from unfashionable clubs who are in form rather than the usual divas who think they deserve to be there on name value alone. We fucking seethed when Andy Cole didn't get a call-up while he was in his prime for us, after all.

Cole and Fowler couldn't get a look in... Sheringham and Shearer were canny good but the English talent up front in the mid to late 90s was unreal compared with today. Owen burst on the scene in 97-98 and basically ended Fowlers career at club and international level.