The En-ger-land Thread

Christmas Tree

What's peoples feelings about this game tonight? Personally I'm really struggling to give much of a fuck about. I play five a side on a Tuesday at 8 and some of the lads have talked about moving it to 7 so we can watch it but I'm not really arsed either way.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite not really caring about football that much, my Dad will phone up to gloat if Scotland win. Or if they draw. Or if England only beat them by a goal.

Which will be mildly amusing.

Apart from that, I don't care.

•  

Team News

Scotland v England (20:00 GMT)

Posted at

England make six changes from the team which beat Slovenia. Former Celtic keeper Fraser Forster starts, as does Stewart Downing. Back from the cold.

England: Forster, Clyne, Shaw, Milner, Cahill, Smalling, Wilshere, Downing, Wellbeck, Rooney, Oxlade-Chamberlain

•  

Team News

Scotland v England (20:00 GMT)

Posted at

The Scotland team is in. No rotation from Gordon Strachan as he makes just one change, with Steven Fletcher replaced up front by Derby's Chris Martin.

Scotland: Marshall, Whittaker, Robertson, R. Martin, Hanley, Maloney, Mulgrew, Brown, C. Martin, Naismith, Anya

I have to say I'm less than impressed with this apparent terrifying atmosphere :lol: You can hear the England fans more than the Scotland ones ffs.

:lol:

Without wanting to upset our posters from North of the Border, I'm sat here thinking that the last time a bunch of English lads marched into the wastelands and so decisively pissed on the Sweaties was in 1745, up near Inverness.

Sounds like it's at Wembley ;)

I love Rooney's nonchalance about this game :lol:

"Yeah well we expected to win, we're better than they are after all."

"But Wayne, what about how important this game was"

"Well, this is our least important game this year really, obviously the qualifiers are more important--"

"But...but the occasion Wayne! The occasion!!"

"Oh er...well obviously, England vs Scotland is always a big occasion I guess...especially for the Scots"

I enjoyed that game a lot more than I thought I would. Scotland's goal was fantastic, really lovely bit of play that if it had been scored by a bigger team everyone would be creaming over it. But England's third was something special like. So well worked, couldn't believe it was England. Wilshire and Rooney were cracking. It was like seeing Rooney 10 years ago when he played all the time like he was sexually frustrated. The home nations definitely should play each other more often.