The En-ger-land Thread

Christmas Tree

It'll be a lot easier to get behind England once someone kicks the fuck out of those cretins with the brass instruments. If I never hear 'self-preservation society' again it'll be too soon. Jesus fucking wept.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such as getting Robbie Fowler to apologise for saying Torres & Vertonghen 'fought like girls'. It's a proper ''bloody hell, this fucking country moment'.

Haha. Never heard about that. Perhaps he should have qualified his comments...

0*kmcpyGcpra9Dldzf.png

“Son, you throw like a girl raised in a patriarchal society that discourages women from participating in sports.”

It's funny we should have been saying that hours before the Sun decided to run with this ludicrous Hodgson "racism" story. Makes you wonder who the dressing room leak was - Lampard trying to stick up for Uncle Harry?

It's funny we should have been saying that hours before the Sun decided to run with this ludicrous Hodgson "racism" story. Makes you wonder who the dressing room leak was - Lampard trying to stick up for Uncle Harry?

Fuckin hell :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/10384676/Roy-Hodgson-forced-to-apologise-in-bizarre-race-row-after-making-joke-about-England-winger-Andros-Townsend.html

"London biased media darling Redknapp" ;)

Edited by PaddockLad

Shit joke tbf

That too. :D Still, and it ties in with Stevie's blog post from yesterday, I'm always surprised at the extent to which we allow our press to actively hate the country and try to sabotage it.

A number of players were not happy with what Hodgson said.A Sun reporter received a phone call from one of the players and said that the story that has come out fom the FA has been watered down.Did Roy think it was a huge joke to play for a year in South Africa during the apartheid era.

Oh look, it's you, what a surprise. :)

That too. :D Still, and it ties in with Stevie's blog post from yesterday, I'm always surprised at the extent to which we allow our press to actively hate the country and try to sabotage it.

This is spot on like. The double standards and hypocrisy are staggering. Why not sit on the story?...they want the right to press freedom but they refuse to use that freedom responsibly. Cunts.

The front pages of notably racist, anti-immigrant and right-pandering rags such as the Mail, no doubt.

How quickly they can clamber back up onto their high horses.

I've never seen a human being who looked more like a monkey than Craig Bellamy, by the way. His simian face and too-long arms make him look like a chimp.

A number of players were not happy with what Hodgson said.A Sun reporter received a phone call from one of the players and said that the story that has come out fom the FA has been watered down.Did Roy think it was a huge joke to play for a year in South Africa during the apartheid era.

I blame the 5 oh

Good read that Stevie. I completely agree with all of it.

Another thing I'm fed up of is the media over hyping opponents, it leads into what someone else said about the press almost working against the side. I don't think we're a great international side, far from it, but we're still a pretty strong side compared to most and I'm tired of being told how tough teams like Montenegro, Croatia etc are; I fully understand we shouldn't underestimate anyone but they almost built it up to such a high level that you'd think England faced a monumental task beating Poland and Montenegro at home to qualify, when in all reality we should have felt confident. How many players from either of those sides would get into the England team? not many.

I just want to see more pride from the press in the national team, their negativity feeds into the fans and I'm sure the players. Like Gloom said we're good enough to give anyone a game on a given day, I'm just really fed up of the negativity and hearing some of my mates say "why watch them they're fucking shite, we'll barely get out the group and get knocked out after it like usual" but sure enough come the world cup they're watching every game until it goes pearshaped and the "I told you they were shite" comes out. I can't remember tbh but I don't remember Holland being seen as finalists for the 2010 world cup, there's no reason that cant be England. Again I'm not saying we're amazing or I think we'll have a great world cup but for a change it would be nice if the country would be proud of the side and let the players know that rather than sending them out with the feeling that if they win it's "well of course they fucking should of" and if they lose it's "told you they were shite man".

Another thing I'm fed up of is the media over hyping opponents, it leads into what someone else said about the press almost working against the side. I don't think we're a great international side, far from it, but we're still a pretty strong side compared to most and I'm tired of being told how tough teams like Montenegro, Croatia etc are; I fully understand we shouldn't underestimate anyone but they almost built it up to such a high level that you'd think England faced a monumental task beating Poland and Montenegro at home to qualify, when in all reality we should have felt confident. How many players from either of those sides would get into the England team? not many.

I just want to see more pride from the press in the national team, their negativity feeds into the fans and I'm sure the players. Like Gloom said we're good enough to give anyone a game on a given day, I'm just really fed up of the negativity and hearing some of my mates say "why watch them they're fucking shite, we'll barely get out the group and get knocked out after it like usual" but sure enough come the world cup they're watching every game until it goes pearshaped and the "I told you they were shite" comes out. I can't remember tbh but I don't remember Holland being seen as finalists for the 2010 world cup, there's no reason that cant be England. Again I'm not saying we're amazing or I think we'll have a great world cup but for a change it would be nice if the country would be proud of the side and let the players know that rather than sending them out with the feeling that if they win it's "well of course they fucking should of" and if they lose it's "told you they were shite man".

Good point about Holland. IMO confidence and luck play much bigger parts in tournaments tham people realise...Sides that get on a run or get going have momentum.

Aye this pretty much mirrors my thoughts. I don't care if they were friendlies we did brilliantly against Brazil twice in the last six months, Spain and Germany are clearly better than us, Argentina have Messi, but after that, and I'm speaking honestly here, who should we feel massively inferior to. Last eight would be a success this time, and I think we could get there.