Daytime TV...

Lou

I just watched the most surprisingly entertaining show on Ch4.... "What's in a Word?" I guess it was called, because it kept putting that up on a screen.

A guy was wandering around a church, telling us what everyday words/phrases originated from church in the olden days.... and then he had this woman as a sidekick who kept trying to visually demonstrate what he was talking about, and he'd just ignore her or put her down. It was so bizarre!! I loved it :P

All these auction shows get on my nerves though... if only because one you start watching, it's nigh on impossible to turn off without watching through to the end to see if they make enough money to go on holiday to Devon after all.

Ahh... student life...!! B):yes

I just watched the most surprisingly entertaining show on Ch4.... "What's in a Word?" I guess it was called, because it kept putting that up on a screen.

A guy was wandering around a church, telling us what everyday words/phrases originated from church in the olden days.... and then he had this woman as a sidekick who kept trying to visually demonstrate what he was talking about, and he'd just ignore her or put her down.  It was so bizarre!!  I loved it  :yes

All these auction shows get on my nerves though... if only because one you start watching, it's nigh on impossible to turn off without watching through to the end to see if they make enough money to go on holiday to Devon after all.

Ahh... student life...!!  :P:yes

78669[/snapback]

You sure she wasn't just the bird that sometimes does the sign language over the top of programmes? B)