Keeping fit

scotty84

I got my last pair at Start Fitness after a gait assessment. They've done ok, but I'm ready for some new ones myself as I was a bit stingy when I got these so didn't really go for a "top" option. Current ones are Asics and tbf they've lasted well, I just don't like them very much. Much preferred the Nikes I had before, but they didn't last as long before falling apart.

I was going to try Northern Runner next, but I've heard there's not a lot in there to choose from.

Saucony are a canny make but I've never worn them myself. I'd much rather go on what feels comfortable on my feet rather than a particular brand.

Cheers :up:

My mate reckons they're decent enough and 'Sports Shoes' is cheap. I'd only ever worn the Karrimor ones - and I think they were doing me some damage in the end. I think I'm going to order online & see what these are like. Just long as there's plenty of support I'm not fussy really!

My last pair was/is Saucony because they're known to be decent for people with weird-shaped feet like mine. No idea how they compare in terms of actual performance but they are comfortable. :lol:

Yeah a load of people have said the same really! The support is important to me because one of my knees is shot & as mentioned 'high arches' which I never knew was a thing before I started running - or certainly not one that would affect me!

I know ou've got them now, but I would also recommend Start Fitness and to have the test as well. Got to say, I'm never really a fan of sales assistants as they tend to billy bullshit you but the kid who helped me get my first pair a few years back in there was excellent. Knew his stuff, didn't patronise or try to get me to buy expensive shite.

My last pair was/is Saucony because they're known to be decent for people with weird-shaped feet like mine. No idea how they compare in terms of actual performance but they are comfortable. :lol:

Did you actually run in them or was it just for that 80's Eurovision look. :lol:

I know ou've got them now, but I would also recommend Start Fitness and to have the test as well. Got to say, I'm never really a fan of sales assistants as they tend to billy bullshit you but the kid who helped me get my first pair a few years back in there was excellent. Knew his stuff, didn't patronise or try to get me to buy expensive shite.

I thought the same about Start Cycles as well when I got my road bike; top notch customer service. :up:

I gave them a ring too just to make sure everything was right like, I know I need them for road running and did a couple of relevant tests before hand, arch shape/gait. I'm not sure what else they really do :up:

That makes no sense at all. :lol:

I think if he just came out and called you a puff, it would save us all some time.

Been looking to get some running clogs but the specificity of it all seems a bit daunting. Not sure I want to go into Start Fitness and have to put my foot on one of those weird things that measured your feet in shoe shops when I was a bairn. How much would a half-decent pair set me back, about the same as the T-Dogs?

I think if they are just a starter pair the same site as I got mine from have some for about £20-30.

To be honest for a starter pair even Karrimor from Sports Direct wouldn't be too bad - as much as I've been reading running forums slag them off. I managed to get all the tests online to find out what I needed. :up:

I think if he just came out and called you a puff, it would save us all some time.

Been looking to get some running clogs but the specificity of it all seems a bit daunting. Not sure I want to go into Start Fitness and have to put my foot on one of those weird things that measured your feet in shoe shops when I was a bairn. How much would a half-decent pair set me back, about the same as the T-Dogs?

:lol: They don't do the measurement thing, just watch your feet as you walk to see what sort of support you need, then recommend various trainers. Some places do it by having you walk/jog on a treadmill, though last time I was in Start Fitness it was just a shop assistant with a trained eye.

The most important thing is getting shoes that are right for your feet, then you can look at what's in your price range from there.

:lol: They don't do the measurement thing, just watch your feet as you walk to see what sort of support you need, then recommend various trainers. Some places do it by having you walk/jog on a treadmill, though last time I was in Start Fitness it was just a shop assistant with a trained eye.

The most important thing is getting shoes that are right for your feet, then you can look at what's in your price range from there.

Canny. Have always thought my feet could be good value on one of those foot fetish sites so I'll even get a bit of a lump in my pants for my troubles.