Keeping fit

scotty84

I'm sure I've asked this before, but is it joggers or shorts in a gym?

The golden rule with gyms is there'll always be someone worse off than you, be it in terms of fitness or attire. So don't worry about it basically. (I was going to say "don't sweat it", but that would defeat the purpose somewhat.)

The golden rule with gyms is there'll always be someone worse off than you, be it in terms of fitness or attire. So don't worry about it basically. (I was going to say "don't sweat it", but that would defeat the purpose somewhat.)

Aye, I'm caught between wearing the Raggy old Ill fitting stuff and being Mr brand new head to toe Adidas man.

:lol:

Aye, I'm caught between wearing the Raggy old Ill fitting stuff and being Mr brand new head to toe Adidas man.

:D It's January. You won't be the only one. Come March or April, though...

So Adidas man it is. :lol:

2vsqhbn.jpg

acpnqg.jpg

It says running shoes but Im guessing they'll be fine for the gym given I'll be running on a treadmill.

So Adidas man it is. :lol:

2vsqhbn.jpg

acpnqg.jpg

It says running shoes but Im guessing they'll be fine for the gym given I'll be running on a treadmill.

forget that. Dont even know which trainers Ive bought.

Actually bought these ones which says gym so must be ok

2wrf5tk.jpg

i'm loving box jumps at the moment and just incorporating loads of jumping and plyometric exercise into my workouts. i'm doing far less weight training and loads more bodyweight circuits.

this is my favourite session right now: short, explosive bursts of training with short rest time. whole thing takes about 20 minutes and has me breathing out my arsehole. i challenge any gym rats on here to give it a go.

5 pull ups/10 lunge jumps x 5

45 second rest

10 squat jumps/10 pressups x 5

45 second rest

10 bodyweight rows using trx cables/10 mountain climbers x 5

45 second rest

10 kettlebell clean and press/10 box jumps x 5
then an abs circuit to finish off consisting of 10 burpees/10 crunch/10 oblique crunch x 3

Shoes came. First run in an age and I'm still carrying about a lot of Christmas weight.

It was painful. Only did a 3k but I've let myself go a bit I'm going to have to set targets :lol: