Keeping fit

scotty84

Nah fuck that. :lol: I hate being on a bus and seeing a cyclist pedalling away right in front of it. Makes me feel proper nervous. Where I live in Killingworth is very well connected for cycle routes so that would be my starting point.

Aye Killingworth is a good spot for it. You can go out through Backworth to the coast or through Wideopen to Dinnington and out towards Belsay etc.

Aye Killingworth is a good spot for it. You can go out through Backworth to the coast or through Wideopen to Dinnington and out towards Belsay etc.

I walk the cycle paths a lot so it'll be nice to actually be on a bike as you look weird walking without a dog. :lol: Always fucks me off at Dinnington where the cycle path just goes onto the road, usually end up in the pub at that point if we're out for a walk.

Going to a sports podologist tomorrow to discuss various pains and aches. I think my left knee injury is causing issues with my right hip due to compensation in running style. I've been averaging 100km a month this year and I think age / excess has done me in.

It's not that much tbh, it's about 5 miles 3 times a week. Might have been enough to fuck me up though. Don't have the diet to go full ghandi, too many fat business dinners and excessive amounts of red wine.

You shouldn't be running much nowadays, it's murder on the knees. Join a Gym and do more low impact stuff and build up cardio etc...