Keeping fit

scotty84

I've got a hilly 10k race in Greenwich Park lined up for just before Christmas, because that'll be delightful.

It went well. :o Knocked a couple of minutes off my PB then stuffed myself with pork belly :naughty: at the pub afterwards. Merry bloody Christmas.

• 4 years later...

Can anyone recommend a simple app that will tell me how far I’ve cycled on my  spinner?  I don’t want 30 thousand different routines/gimmicks/fuckin hoopla, I just want to know how far I’ve gone in 30 mins or and hour... am thinking @wykikitoon will know of something? 🤔

38 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Can anyone recommend a simple app that will tell me how far I’ve cycled on my  spinner?  I don’t want 30 thousand different routines/gimmicks/fuckin hoopla, I just want to know how far I’ve gone in 30 mins or and hour... am thinking @wykikitoon will know of something? 🤔

Your spinner would need something attached to take speed, time or distance readings I would've thought? 

Aye you'll need something that will count RPMs. You can get them for normal bikes - it's just a pair of magnets, one in a fixed position on the frame and the other on the wheel. Every time they pass one another it counts it and estimates distance from that. 

https://m.lightinthebox.com/en/p/cx-9-bike-computer-bicycle-computer-cycling-stopwatch-waterproof-wireless-odometer-road-cycling-cycling-bike-cycling_p6566293.html

Something like that would do it, you'd just need to work out where on your bike you could attach the magnets as obviously this is expecting to be fitted to a proper bike. 

39 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Your spinner would need something attached to take speed, time or distance readings I would've thought? 

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye you'll need something that will count RPMs. You can get them for normal bikes - it's just a pair of magnets, one in a fixed position on the frame and the other on the wheel. Every time they pass one another it counts it and estimates distance from that. 

https://m.lightinthebox.com/en/p/cx-9-bike-computer-bicycle-computer-cycling-stopwatch-waterproof-wireless-odometer-road-cycling-cycling-bike-cycling_p6566293.html

Something like that would do it, you'd just need to work out where on your bike you could attach the magnets as obviously this is expecting to be fitted to a proper bike. 

Gents :good:

Theres 100s of odometers* for spinning bikes on amazon cheers 

* technical term used by us pros/just discovered by asthmatic Alan here 😆

• Haha 2