Keeping fit

scotty84

You should be aiming for 6min per km ish. Any faster is a bonus

I was right on 6 minutes and just under on a couple of 3km hilly jogs with shin splints giving me grief and feeling very unfit. Have knocked it off at 5min per km previously aiming to get back around that. I've never been a jogger though so struggle with the consistency of it

I got 17:30 which is good enough as I've been out for a while but I've added over a minute on to that time for a 3k and I imagine I've lost an ability to do a reasonable distance. So I think rather than pace I'm going to focus on distance. A few more 3ks to bed myself in and then I'm going to cap it at 5ks.

Yeah, at the 6km/h pace it feels like I could keep going further, but as I jog that fixed circuit it has me back at home just after 3km. I should map something out a little longer and see how I go. Gave the shins a rest this week courtesy of being sick, but had a kick around today and feel a lot better. When I did the 3km under 15min I was in no condition to continue. I guess I should be aiming for doing that and still feeling ok.

Main reason is to increase stamina for the football season.

Where I am it's mainly hills so pace can be difficult to gauge really! There's a few I can do but as I've moved fairly recently I don't know many of the routes. I used to mainly to trail runs but now I'm mainly road.

I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things but the first few are a bastard. :lol:

If you are near lots of hills you might be better off with short sprints rather than long distance running.

Used to do hill sprints up this -

k362yu.jpg

10 flat out sprints and you are done :lol:

Edited by Gejon

So first session at the gym this afternoon and really enjoyed.

Started by looking a bit of an arse trying navigate the test tube like entry system (and the place was heaving with all those post Christmas scum) so made a quick beeline for a patio set where I pretended to make a call while sussing out the layout of the room. (classic cia strategy). Then panicked that my phone might actually ring so quickly phone someone and had a very nice chat as it happens.

We'll also move quickly on from the totty. There was shit loads of it and all beautiful. I tried my hardest not to act like some old perve.

What did tickle me however was the TV's on the walls all playing my type of music. There were three rows of gym equipment all full and all facing the tellys and I was in the back row. I felt as though I was line dancing. (a secret desire of mine).

Did 20 on the bike

15 on the treadmill

15 on the rower

10 on the machine that you stand on and move your arms and legs.

All in all a very good first time and I couldnt see anyone sniggering at my shiny new gym wear.

We'll also move quickly on from the totty which is the main reason I went. There was shit loads of it and all beautiful. I acted like some old perve.

What did tickle me however was the Number of sexy muscle men (a secret desire of mine).

Did 20 seconds on the bike

15 seconds on the treadmill

15 seconds on the rower

10 seconds on the machine that you stand on and move your arms and legs.

All in all a very good first time and I couldnt see anyone sniggering at little stiffy.

Started by looking a bit of an arse trying navigate the test tube like entry system (and the place was heaving with all those post Christmas scum) so made a quick beeline for a patio set where I pretended to make a call while sussing out the layout of the room. (classic cia strategy). Then panicked that my phone might actually ring so quickly phone someone and had a very nice chat as it happens.

You are Mr. Twiddle.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

We'll also move quickly on from the totty. There was shit loads of it and all beautiful. I tried my hardest not to act like some old perve.

What did tickle me however was the TV's on the walls all playing my type of music. There were three rows of gym equipment all full and all facing the tellys and I was in the back row. I felt as though I was line dancing. (a secret desire of mine).

Did 20 on the bike

15 on the treadmill

15 on the rower

10 on the machine that you stand on and move your arms and legs.

All in all a very good first time and I couldnt see anyone sniggering at my shiny new gym wear.

Excellent start mate, next time I assume you'll actually use the equipment instead of just standing/sitting on it watching the TV and the arses of those in front of you? ;)

A few sessions at the gym and I've put two pounds on!!!

Muscle?

Fucking hell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:CT:

• 1 month later...

Managed to lose a stone and a half in 6 weeks running. Just doing 3 and 5ks till I can get to a physio and sort my foot out. I got 26:40 for my first Park Run in ages, I was taking it slowly and didn't really push myself at all so I'm happy with that. Ideally I'd like to take another 5 minutes off that but that will take time. :up:

I've done absolutely fuck all this weekend after having great intentions of long runs/walks. Instead I've eaten and drank far too much and cabbaged about the house like a slob.

Back in the gym the next few days then. :lol: