This boards fan make-up.

Howmanheyman

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just wondering on the make up of Toontastic posters new and old. :)

If you can be arsed please let us know why you picked NUFC particularly if you've no real connection to the region, instead of being a gloryhunter with no soul.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need Stevie to tell me what I'm allowed to put.

South Shields born, North Shields dwelling.

I'd say I'm a Geordie still living in God's own country.

He'd say I'm an OOT'er with no real Geordie connection.

Need Stevie to tell me what I'm allowed to put.

South Shields born, North Shields dwelling.

I'd say I'm a Geordie still living in God's own country.

He'd say I'm an OOT'er with no real Geordie connection.

Just put 'Geordie' you big tart! ;)

(I should've put 'Cod-heed' as an option for people from North Shields to be fair).

instead of being a gloryhunter with no soul.

I'm a glory hunter, just not very good at it. Started following the team around 95 because they were doing well and every other fucker around me supported either Man U or Liverpool.

I'm a glory hunter, just not very good at it. Started following the team around 95 because they were doing well and every other fucker around me supported either Man U or Liverpool.

Do you ever refer to Man U as just 'United' in conversation over there, ewerk? (Just out of interest).

Edited by Howmanheyman

Do you ever refer to Man U as just 'United' in conversation over there, ewerk? (Just out of interest).

I may have in the past. :unsure: But I've since learned the error of my ways, I have reprimanded a few of my mates for doing it but I'm generally just told to shut the fuck up and they continue while I sit quietly in the corner.

Geordie still living in Gods own though again, Stevie would disagree :lol:

Born and bred in the West End and now living in co Durham.

Didnt even follow club football before Nufc. Randomly saw the Everton thrashing from the 01-02 season on TV one day, and for some reason was hooked after.Not sure whether it was Shearer, Sir Bobby, the fact we were in the top 4 those days, probably a combination of all of them. Didn't even make the conscious decision of supporting the club, just found myself following the results week after week and before I knew it I was caught. Im still a freak down here, at that time nobody here knew even about Man Utd or Arsenal let alone Newcastle. Its a real pain explaining to all the glory hunters why I 'chose' to support Nufc :lol:

I'm originally from Harrogate but my grandparents are from the NE.

I hated football as a young lad, but my best mates dad had to move down from the toon for his job and used to take us both up to watch the matches with him every single game. Newcastle were shit back then, but it was great crack and atmosphere so it gave me the bug. I've been year on year ever since, apart from my years overseas.

Funny as Leeds fans were all around me and I used to get so much shit for not being a Leeds fan, they were doing well too. Now when I'm in toon I get the same shit in reverse . Keegans a Yorkshire Geordie though, so I take solace in that :)

Now I'm going to be even further away in the Caribbean but "fakegeordie" reckons he's never missed a match out there.

So for me. Newcastle wasn't a choice , it was a way of life, I like to think it still is. It's far and away the best city I've lived in , in the UK too. (Sydney aus and Vancouver Canada, beats it just by a margin, for me)

I was born where I live, Poole in Dorset. At the age of 10 our family moved to where my old man is from, which is a hamlet in the Cheviots on the Scottish side of the border. There was a fellah there who went to SJP every other week. He'd grown up with my old man and, for good or worse , I soon came under his influence. That was in 1980/81. I'd say I'm not a Geordie but I'm definetly a Mag ;)

Edited by PaddockLad

Lived in the East End of Newcastle Upon Tyne nearly all of my life, born in Hong Kong, (Geordie Dad was in the Forces and posted there, N Irish Mam moved out there), never entered my head at any point the idea that I could support anyone else. First got into football when the World Cup was held in Espana in the summer of 1982 then when summer finished this happened........

keegan.jpeg

KK's debut v QPR

article-0-0B0DB582000005DC-21_634x415.jp

Last game v Brighton.

Keegan got me into NUFC and I was hooked for life, he was and still is for me, the Pied Piper of this club. Love the bloke. :D

Edited by Howmanheyman

I'm from Washington started supporting NUFC because all the Sunderland fans were wankers. I prefer black eyeliner and the odd bit of black eye shadow but that's about it nowadays.

Nee surprise here in any way shape or form.

Geordie still living in Gods own though again, Stevie would disagree :lol:

Born and bred in the West End and now living in co Durham.

You don't get more geordie than West Denton mate.

Lived in the East End of Newcastle Upon Tyne nearly all of my life, born in Hong Kong, (Geordie Dad was in the Forces and posted there, N Irish Mam moved out there), never entered my head at any point the idea that I could support anyone else. First got into football when the World Cup was held in Espana in the summer of 1982 then when summer finished this happened........

keegan.jpeg

KK's debut v QPR

Keegan got me into NUFC and I was hooked for life, he was and still is for me, the Pied Piper of this club. Love the bloke. :D

http://leningrad62.narod.ru/History/1980-89/1985-86/d1/85-6-3d1.html This was my first game I'm sure you'll remember it.

You don't get more geordie than West Denton mate.

http://leningrad62.narod.ru/History/1980-89/1985-86/d1/85-6-3d1.html This was my first game I'm sure you'll remember it.

Aye I was at that game, seem to recall it was a diving header from Mavis that won it, cross came over from the East stand byline. Better first game for you than my first game! (0-1 v Shrewsbury).

I was born where I live, Poole in Dorset. At the age of 10 our family moved to where my old man is from, which is a hamlet in the Cheviots on the Scottish side of the border. There was a fellah there who went to SJP every other week. He'd grown up with my old man and, for good or worse , I soon came under his influence. That was in 1980/81. I'd say I'm not a Geordie but I'm definetly a Mag ;)

Hey, as Descartes said; "I believe, therefore I am"

I was born down in Canterbury, and moved to New York when I was little.

I loved baseball growing up, but was hooked by football after watching the 2006 World Cup. My Granddad (a Geordie) had bought me a Newcastle jersey when I was about 9 years old, so then when I was in my teens and wanted a club to support, Newcastle seemed the logicial, familial choice.

There's the added bonus that my childhood baseball team, the New York Mets, shares many characteristics with Newcastle, mainly being a team of perennial underachievers that has fantastic, passionate support.

Born in Durham Dryburn but to my credit I was in the childrens heart unit in the Freeman not long after that & the day before I was born we beat West Ham 4-0 . :)