This boards fan make-up.

Howmanheyman

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how I ended up supporting Newcastle.

Grew up in Boldon (where you hear the Roker Roar on matchdays), was 7 when Sunderland won the FA Cup and were heroes to most of my mates.

The make up in Boldon was probably 90% mackem 10% NUFC and my father wasn't a football man.

Thank god for a lucky escape.

Matchdays were spent in the farm hayloft with transistor radio listening to the "it's a goal show"!

Parents were living at Chester le Street when I was born, ( Dad worked at the ROF at Birtley),so popped out in the Dryburn in Durham.

We moved back "home" to my Grandads on Benton Estate when I was 6 months old, so as far as I'm concerned I'm a Geordie - Stevie can über-fuck himself :lol:

This bloke was my hero

article-0-0033B11500000258-12_468x348.jp

Dad used to take me and my older brother to the match, we'd go in the West Stand when it looked like this

298583_2161702875830_1044310550_32388370

I was absolutely devastated when Supermac was sold to Arsenal, I was 8 and hated Gordon Lee with a high pitched passion :lol:

Mother's from Newcastle. Father's from a vlillage outside of Glasgow. Sectarianism is fucked up but at least he gave me an original surname. Newcastle Utd is fucked up but at least it has given me some pleasure in my lifetime.

Mam's from London, Dad's from Glasgow, I was born in Ashington and lived in Seaton Sluice for 20 odd years with two sisters who hate football (and anything that glorifies physical endeavour in any way shape or form). First School peer pressure forced a passing interest in Newcastle & football in general, then middle school shored it up.

Personally, I think being away from Newcastle means I have to take a broader view of the club. I don't get to feel the same highs and lows as the lads who get to go to every game. The other side of that coin is that I think I can be more objective because I'm not feeling the euphoria, neither am I being demoralised at St James'?

Mam and dad born and bred Newcastle, dad joined 1rrf and toured the world with me mam, retired and settled down in rutland where i've moved out with the mrs.

Only spent fleeting time in Newcastle (family visits, parties, catching occasional home game) so guess i couldn't class myself as 'geordie' but it's where all my families roots and home are - however that comes out

Born in Corbridge, lived around the Hexham area for a large part of my life, but now in Perth, Western Australia - currently a sunny 20 degrees :sun: Don't know what that makes me.

Supported NUFC all my life (52)

Edited by RobinRobin

A small column on my local newspaper got me here to be honest. In that it was written that a player of Indian parentage was to play in the EPL. Followed him to EPL and to Newcastle United. Cemented by Sir Bobby Robson, Alan Shearer and Shay Given. :nufc:

Born in princess mary in newcastle, always lived in whitley bay

Born in princess Mary too. Barring a ill feited couple of years in jarrow, I've lived in wallsend all me life. Me whole family supports Newcastle so there was never a choice.

Surprised there so many real McCoy Geordies. I thought the criteria involved being born, residing in and never leaving the area comprising the 10m radius from the central point of Stevie's lounge room.