Kinnear interview

Kid Dynamite

Joe Kinnear took Newcastle manager Alan Pardew to meet owner Mike Ashley in topless resort St Tropez and assured him: Ive got your back covered.

Director of football Kinnear has been dismayed by the negativity which has engulfed the Toons difficult start to the season.

And he flew home from a scouting mission in Europe last night to learn stewards had removed a banner proclaiming him as clown of the comedy club at the goalless impasse with West Ham at St James Park on Saturday.

But Kinnear, 66, refuses to become the fall-guy for Newcastles problems, which were accelerated by Arsenals £10million bid for midfielder Yohan Cabaye on the eve of a heavy opening defeat at Manchester City.

In a frank, no-holds-barred interview with Mirror Sport, Kinnear insisted: I dont understand where the negativity has come from we are two games into a 38-game season and already the doom-and-gloom merchants are looking for a scapegoat.

Alan Pardew has signed 16 players costing £60m in the last two years, Newcastle Uniteds wage bill is now comfortably in the top 10 in the country, and he will continue to get all the support the club can reasonably provide.

Last week we flew to Nice, and we were met by a private helicopter transfer to Mike Ashleys yacht off St Tropez, and we spent seven hours thrashing out every idea, and how we plan to take the club forward.

I listened to every word Alan and the owner had to say along with chief scout Graham Carr, who was also there and we talked about the next stage for Newcastle United and where we wanted to go.

Before the season started, we had sat down and agreed the squad was big enough, and strong enough, to finish in the top half of the table. But we are working together not plotting against each other.

There seems to be a perception, from outside the club, that we are at loggerheads, but I dont know why people are jumping on the bandwagon because it is a false picture.

That's the way he Loics it: Joe Kinnear has brought in QPR striker Loic Remy on loan

The only time Kinnear has acted alone, in terms of player recruitment, was to seal the season-long loan deal which brought France striker Loic Remy to Tyneside earlier this month.

And he did so in the knowledge that QPR had pipped Pardew in the £8m race for Remy last January.

Kinnear admitted: I sanctioned the one-year loan deal for Loic Remy, and if it goes pear-shaped I will take responsibility for it.

But if he scores goals and does well for us, Alan will be happy with our end of the deal; the player will be happy because he will come into contention for a World Cup place with France; and if both those things happen, Remy will go back to QPR as a World Cup player with a higher value than when he joined them, so everyone will come out of it well.

Kinnears return in June to ­the Newcastle, where his brief stint as manager was curtailed by a heart problem in 2009, was slammed as a backward step by supporters.

His second coming was immediately laid open to ridicule when he gave a car-crash radio interview in which he pronounced the names of players wrongly and even referred to former managing director Derek Llambias as Derek Lambisi.

He conceded: That gave people a stick to beat me with, but my ­intentions for the club are impeccable and we are working incredibly hard together to try and deliver good results on the pitch.

So that's it then. No more signings. We don't even have an option on Remy. Our top scorers last season were Cisse with 8 and Cabaye with 6, and he's fucking off. Put your money on because we are going down, nailed on. We will struggle to score 30 goals as a team this year. Sorely tempted to just take the hit on my season ticket and just cancel it now

So the club brought in Kinnear to look after player aquisitions. Kinnear them confirmed that no aquisitions are necessary because the same team who just barely avoided relegation are good enough to finish in the top ten. But even though they're good enough for the top ten (as though that domestic result should be held up as the pinnacle of achievement for one of the 20 richest football clubs in the world EVEN WITH our commercial revenue taking a dive in a climate where every other teams has risen) good old Joe Kinnear has gone out on a limb and signed Looc Remy on loan with his ultimate aim being to improve the value of him for QPR.

If the above is to be taken as true does this mean that the club lied about wanting to sign Gomis and Bent? Either way they've painted themselves into a corner that no amount of words from a seasoned shit talker can get them out of.

Edited by OTF

I can't recall a season where I've been so apathetic. Fwiw I think if we don't sign more forwards plus a decent cabaye replacement, we will go down. Its a shambles and this deluded clown is part of the reason

Yeah he let the cat out of the bag there.. he can't even tow the party line because he can't help but run his mouth off at any given opportunity.

So basically if Cabaye leaves we can spend some of the money, if he doesn't there'll be no signings.

I reckon Ashley is taking more money out of the club than anyone realises this summer..

Kinnear's appointment is solely about confusion and deflecting attention from what's really going on behind the scenes.

Is the club money being used to buy Sports Direct merchandise? Then selling the stock again to punters.. means good results which means an inflated share price. A process that would make MA far more money than any revenues the club could ever generate...

Do i get to say I told you so, to the flamers ?

Anyone at the match this weekend can see where his priorities lie, pushing SD into France.

Edited by scoobos

If Mike Ashley gave a flying fuck he'd have told Joe to button it after the last time, (or not employ uncle Joe in the first place), I honestly think he likes antagonising supporters and showing his general disregard for football people by giving this job to his old piss head mate.

Before the season started, we had sat down and agreed the squad was big enough, and strong enough, to finish in the top half of the table. But we are working together not plotting against each other.

Seriously? I'm not giving them my money this season. I'll take the odd free ticket & go to the odd away match but they are really taking the piss, either by sheer incompetence or contempt for the fans.

I'm no superfan but I went to 17 games last year & my outgoings have increased considerably since then so they can get fucked. As I've said I can take being a shite football team - but so long as there is will to get better and compete, to try & succeed but there's not. It's extreme penny pinching and disinterest. So long as the till is ringing he doesn't care.

My attitude is subject to change but I really don't see the point - especially when the matches are so accessable otherwise. <_<

C'mon lads, let's have a little respect for Mr. Kinnear's condition. It's quite obvious he is mentally challenged and is incapable of convincing the populace he is of sound mind. Mispronouncing names that are so well known is a sure sign of approaching dementia. We should feel pity for him as he doesn't seem to know the position he has got himself into, and has no caregiver or doctor in attendance.

I saw an article earlier in the week that said Ashley took 11 million out of the club last year, and is going to take 18 million out this year. It's starting to look fairly obvious where our transfer funds and the TV money is going. The only glimmer of hope here is that if he continues to use the club as his own personal piggy-bank and pays himself back, that he might fuck off in a few years, or at least bring the cost of someone buying him out to something realistic.

Two games played this season. Out of 180 minutes of football we have managed 21 shots on goal with 1 shot on target and no goals. If these idiots can't see that this is a problem, then we really are screwed.

Anyone at the match this weekend can see where his priorities lie, pushing SD into France.

This, and its the reason I can't see him selling the club on for a long time. His strategy is so glaringly there for everybody to see, everybody writes about it on here and sometimes in the press, yet what can we do bar not attend, which thousands wouldn't dream of.

This, and its the reason I can't see him selling the club on for a long time. His strategy is so glaringly there for everybody to see, everybody writes about it on here and sometimes in the press, yet what can we do bar not attend, which thousands wouldn't dream of.

He'll be fucked if we get relegated cos I can't see a core of players taking control to get us back up like last time.

I can't believe I read that entire article.

Fuck him. If we end this window with the same team we have now minus Cabaye I'll be as apathetic as I've ever been.

"I dont understand where the negativity has come from"... that's just hard to comprehend how anyone could come to that conclusion.

I saw an article earlier in the week that said Ashley took 11 million out of the club last year, and is going to take 18 million out this year. It's starting to look fairly obvious where our transfer funds and the TV money is going. The only glimmer of hope here is that if he continues to use the club as his own personal piggy-bank and pays himself back, that he might fuck off in a few years, or at least bring the cost of someone buying him out to something realistic.

Two games played this season. Out of 180 minutes of football we have managed 21 shots on goal with 1 shot on target and no goals. If these idiots can't see that this is a problem, then we really are screwed.

He's entitled to get his loan money back tbh, as much as it would feel 'right' for him to write if off.

So long as there's 50'000 fans buying pints & food & WONGA shirts there's no problem at all.

I noticed a lot of empty seats against West Ham. In the championship next year I imagine crowds will dip to 30,000. I am so fucked off with this club like, especially given our relative success just 2 years back. Even the gates pinned to a wall fuck me off, what a metaphor.

There are many reasons to be angry with Ashley but I never understand the 'trousering cash!" "getting his money back!" hate.

He was never going to buy us without wanting something back from it (he's still down as far as I know), he's a businessman as are most football club owners. The Halls/Shepherds took a lot more out of this club than this retard has.