Kinnear interview

Kid Dynamite

There are many reasons to be angry with Ashley but I never understand the 'trousering cash!" "getting his money back!" hate.

He was never going to buy us without wanting something back from it (he's still down as far as I know), he's a businessman as are most football club owners. The Halls/Shepherds took a lot more out of this club than this retard has.

I think it's the lack of investment alongside repaying his loans. Especially when there's so much extra TV cash, which most other clubs are spending on their team. Anyone can see we're desperate for some new forwards. Personally I have no problem with him repaying his loans but not at the expense of absolutely necessary investment. How that arsehole Kinnear can maintain we don't need any more players is beyond me.

The main issue is that he has no problem running the club into the ground in the interest of attempting to maximize his immediate financial interests. Our corporate revenue dipping when every other team in the league's has risen is evidence of this. He has no doubt sacked many of those responsible for the organisation of corporate sponsorships reducing his immediate costs, whilst faciliatating splashing his Sports Direct brand everywhere possible.

He's entitled to get his loan money back tbh, as much as it would feel 'right' for him to write if off.

I'm fine with him getting his money back, but when he's basically stripping all available cash out of the club and not reinvesting any of it, it demonstrates what he's here for. He couldn't give a shit if we end each season just outside of the relegation zone. There is no ambition, or intention to push the club forward. If anything, he's doing everything in his power to prevent any kind of progression at all. Like I say, at least with him paying himself back, there is a chance that in a few years he'll fuck off and sell to someone who gives a crap about the club.

So how many years of breaking even in the transfer windows and pocketing tv money does Ashley have to be with us before he's got his 'loan' money back? At that point we could hope he'll draw a line under it and sell - unless of course he decides he likes having the extra cash year on year for no input...

Edited by TheMoog

I think he put in £79 million to pay off the existing debt, then put another £30 million in since, although that's just going from memory. If that's the case, then there will be £50 million left from the original loan - so £80 million in total. If he wants it all back before he sells up, then we could be looking at another 4-8 years of the fat fucker, assuming he doesn't get us relegated again in the meantime.

Happy face nailed me on this argument last week though, if you look at the cash in and out since ashley arrive it reads very differently to how we think - hes really not a great deal down on money spent.

I'm convinced the figures are misleading, but you can't really argue with them. I think I remember correctly though, Happy Face's figures (the figures) had him as 15 million up at best.

I'm basing this on an article I saw on Newsnow last week where he was on about taking £18 mill out this year and took 11 out last season. http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/confused-you-will-be/?

That does sound about right, though. He's clearly decided its time to start getting his money back, now that we have the extra TV money and are in the black. Like I say, that wouldn't be so much of an issue if there was some kind of balance, and the team was being invested in. Unfortunately all of the extra cash seems to be going to pay his Greggs bill, with nowt left over for the team.

Talking about the wonga shirts, I was pleasantly surprised to see the relative lack of them.

The Blue Star retro shirt seemed a popular choice though, and its a snazzy kit (I was wearing one myself)

The FAMOUS, ICONIC, HISTORIC gates that were originally at the club for less time than Shola. :lol:

:lol: That were welded together and stuck on a wall, I thought they were taking the piss when I saw them doing that on the news.

Talking about the wonga shirts, I was pleasantly surprised to see the relative lack of them.

The Blue Star retro shirt seemed a popular choice though, and its a snazzy kit (I was wearing one myself)

I think the club shot themselves in the foot with the sales of the home kit with the late release date. Potentially this increases the away kit sales, which is presumably what they were after, but to release the kit after a shocker of a pre-season and then the loss to Man City, topped with the great transfer window we're having, immediate sales were never going to be good.

But have no fear, our blind support will soon be snapping them up and parading them around town as a walking billboard for Wonga.

He'll be fucked if we get relegated cos I can't see a core of players taking control to get us back up like last time.

This is the biggest thing that concerns me most right now. The vast majority of the foreign legion that makes up the current squad won't want a part of it in the Championship. Doesn't leave many left when you take them out, and It is more than conceivable that this team will get relegated. Watching that game against West Ham was so deflating when thinking about what lies ahead.

Any adult who buys that shirt for themselves is a mong. Besides profiting the fat cunt and advertising Wonga, the strip looks utterly SHITE.

Agreed. I wanted the full kit for my little boy. I always had them when I was a kid but I can't bring myself to give Ashley any money or to have my boy advertising wonga

Mine got his little newborn strip this week. Some things are more important than Mile Ashley. He'll be long gone when my lad is watching us lift the premier league title under the management of Skills* Ameobi.

* spell check changed it... But I left it as it's apt.