Syria

Anorthernsoul

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/26/syria-airstrikes-cameron-case-highly-contentious

Good read. Especially the link back to Blair sexing up the case for war in Iraq. The claim of 70,000 rebels ready to take up arms is just a lie. The us invested hundreds of millions in training this force but could find only "4 or 5" willing to fight. Not thousand, single digits. Couldn't enter a five a side tournament, let alone liberate a nation.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/26/syria-airstrikes-cameron-case-highly-contentious

Good read. Especially the link back to Blair sexing up the case for war in Iraq. The claim of 70,000 rebels ready to take up arms is just a lie. The us invested hundreds of millions in training this force but could find only "4 or 5" willing to fight. Not thousand, single digits. Couldn't enter a five a side tournament, let alone liberate a nation.

This force, as in the singular? there are many different forces at play in Syria, with different aims and shifting allegiances.

This is worth reading for some info, what you take from it is up to you.

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/2015/11/yes-there-are-70000-moderate-opposition-fighters-in-syria-heres-what-we-know-about-them/

No doubt the pro-assad/russians on here will still say that they are all ISIS, and the it's islam that's the problem lot will say that they will only become ISIS/just as bad anyway :lol:

This force, as in the singular? there are many different forces at play in Syria, with different aims and shifting allegiances.

This is worth reading for some info, what you take from it is up to you.

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/2015/11/yes-there-are-70000-moderate-opposition-fighters-in-syria-heres-what-we-know-about-them/

No doubt the pro-assad/russians on here will still say that they are all ISIS, and the it's islam that's the problem lot will say that they will only become ISIS/just as bad anyway :lol:

Is this the same Charles Lister based at the Brookings Insitute in Doha? :lol: That being the right wing think tank and the capital of Jihad financing then.

"Many of the groups who fall within both these categories are armed factions the Islamist-averse United States’ CIA has already ‘vetted’ ...." :crylaughin:

You need to up your game bro.

Edited by Park Life

Is this the same Charles Lister based at the Brookings Insitute in Doha? :lol: That being the right wing think tank and the capital of Jihad financing then.

You need to up your game bro.

hence my 'what you take from it is up to you' comment. (It's in the Spectator ffs :lol:)

In such situations as this it's worth examining information coming from all sources, and not relying solely on one.

Do you get paid every time you post a link to RT? :lol:

Using a bloke from Coventry as evidence to dismiss the mass murders of the Assad regime. Classy stuff :lol:

It's interesting to note that the most sensational evidence (the reporters words in your clip) that they found was that the english version of the website said Russian planes had killed 30 civilians, while the Arabic version said Assad regime forces had killed 27 civilians... that's it, that's the RT sensational evidence right there... :lol: the fact that the two are working together, and that it appears that nearly 30 civilians had died, seems to be lost on your man presenting. :lol:

As i said in my previous post, it's worth examining information coming from all sources, and also remembering what the word propaganda means.

Where did I dismiss the murders of the Assad regime?

The Guardian deleted comments about the SOFHR after using him for 2 years is why there has been a bit of a giggle about him ie the general all round poor state of reporting on Syria.

If you knew me you'd know that I read widely and actually have been dissed on here in the past for quoting from the Spectator.

Mate seriously I know you fancy yourself as a bit of a cod Marxist but lay off the lecturing. ;)

Here's a proper article from the Brookings Institute along with about 15 others I have saved from my fav thinktanks I haven't read yet. ;)

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/markaz/posts/2015/11/20-experts-weigh-in-isis-governance-revkin-mccants

And here VT who I've helped a bit in the past are also a good alternative source with very good contacts.

*I'm aware its stance is anti-Israel and anti-Saudi Arabia and is also critical of Pakistan. I'm also aware it has some nutters writing on it from time to time. But it has excellent contacts amongst the ex- military and ex-intelligence community which for me counter balances that.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/

Beware the these Human rights groups brother...

Hasaka – When popular defense groups aided by Kurdish YPG fighters began an extensive search of ISIS/al Nusra facilities inside Hasaka City, they made some startling discoveries. In tunnels beneath the offices of the Syrian Human Rights Observatory, the London backed reputed CIA front responsible for the 2012 and 2013 accusations against the Damascus government for using Sarin gas, gas masks and weapons were recovered.

The discredited group that had pushed for US air attacks on Damascus may well have been doing more than simple observing.

All reports of “barrel bombing” and gas attacks by the Damascus government have originated from this organizations whose “observers” are embedded with al Qaeda and ISIS forces. Members of the group have been recruited from news organizations such as the Jerusalem Post and Times of Israel and regularly seed staged photos through Reuters into the media on behalf of terrorist groups."

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/08/29/wmd-terror-evidence-found-beneath-abandoned-syrian-human-rights-observatory-base/

Now get back in yer fukin box. :lol:

If we are going to deal properly with Isis then we have to first shut down their money and arms from the deeply savage Wahabi Islam of Saudi Arabia. This should be the priority of the current debate strangely missing from Western mainstream sources.

Edited by Park Life

Where did I dismiss the murders of the Assad regime?

I was referring to RT.

Mate seriously I know you fancy yourself as a bit of a cod Marxist but lay off the lecturing. ;)

a lecturing pseudo-marxist in a fetching codpiece, I think that could be my next fancy dress outfit. :lol: