Syria

Anorthernsoul

Bush sold the invasion of Iraq to Chirac by telling him he saw "Gog and Magog at work" .

The epitome of Religious nutjobbery

I actually wouldn't disagree, it's massively regrettable that the US elected an evangelical born again christian and that in my mind played a role in the conflict.

But keep up, it's the enduring argument here it's not religion to blame, but "power". Now, are you with us ( a fellow cockknocker) or against us?

Thought the position was that Islam is fundamentally more evil and ultimately to blame. I think religion has a lot to answer for on both sides

That would be an oversimplification in my eyes but I don't think it's right to assume all religions are morally equivalent either. Not even logical when you're coming from the pov of a secularist from a country developed from Christian principles. From that perspective, Islam would be relatively less moral almost by definition.

But anyway, if you read the thread it's now claimed no religion (collectively or specifically) is to blame, it all about power. I disagree completely in the case of ISIS, but also to a lesser degree in US aggression (lesser for the latter because I believe Bush was a nominal leader only, I doubt his advisors were religious nut jobs).

All the leading neocons, from Irving Kristol and his son William Kristol, to Paul Wolfowitz, Abram Shulsky, and Richard Perle, either studied under, or independently studied, the teachings of Leo Strauss. The neocon movement is definitely made up of Straussians and Strauss is often referred to as the father of the neoconservative movement.

http://www.deism.com/neoconsbible.htm

Think Cheney was the only one that did it for money.

All the leading neocons, from Irving Kristol and his son William Kristol, to Paul Wolfowitz, Abram Shulsky, and Richard Perle, either studied under, or independently studied, the teachings of Leo Strauss. The neocon movement is definitely made up of Straussians and Strauss is often referred to as the father of the neoconservative movement.

http://www.deism.com/neoconsbible.htm

Think Cheney was the only one that did it for money.

So to get this straight, you are suggesting Iraq2, Afghanistan, and the countless other conflicts we've seen in this millennium were religiously inspired, from the West as well as the Middle East? Interesting. Not sure how KCG will handle that.

So to get this straight, you are suggesting Iraq2, Afghanistan, and the countless other conflicts we've seen in this millennium were religiously inspired, from the West as well as the Middle East? Interesting. Not sure how KCG will handle that.

I will handle it by condescendingly, nay even patronisingly, rubbishing anybody who uses that website as a source for anything you ignoramous.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

Thought the position was that Islam is fundamentally more evil and ultimately to blame. I think religion has a lot to answer for on both sides

I've been hammering all religion in this thread. A Christian fundamentalist like Bush with his finger on the nuclear button was terrifying. Equally bemusing was Blair's admission he prayed to God about whether to invade Iraq.

I will handle it by condescendingly, nay even patronisingly, rubbishing anybody who uses that website as a source for anything you ignoramous.

The website HF cited you mean?

HF, welcome to cockknockers anonymous. :D

I've been hammering all religion in this thread. A Christian fundamentalist like Bush with his finger on the nuclear button was terrifying. Equally bemusing was Blair's admission he prayed to God about whether to invade Iraq.

Hence my opinion that anyone that religious should be barred from any responsible job.

Hence my opinion that anyone that religious should be barred from any responsible job.

Although ironically the opposite is de facto true in the US, one of the few supposed secular countries. Although Obama us clearly bluffing his religious credentials imo.

Big debate in Parliament at 11.15 with the PM laying out the case for us going into Syria.

Shadow cabinet have already had their secret briefing from the spooks this morning about the current terror threat from Isis.

I can't really see what an extra six planes are going to bring to the party, particularly when the terrorists are all living in tunnels.

Big debate in Parliament at 11.15 with the PM laying out the case for us going into Syria.

Shadow cabinet have already had their secret briefing from the spooks this morning about the current terror threat from Isis.

I can't really see what an extra six planes are going to bring to the party, particularly when the terrorists are all living in tunnels.

Cameron will look like da man.

I imagine Isis are ready to go in London as soon as the first airstrikes go in.

you have to wonder what cameron throwing his willy on the table is going to. it isn't particularly big or impressive, is largely pointless and if he puts it to use there's every chance he'll get fucked in the arse as a result

Edited by Dr Gloom

Cameron will look like da man.

I imagine Isis are ready to go in London as soon as the first airstrikes go in.

Hang on. According to your 'Paris' narrative, ISIS didn't plan attacks in France from the day they started the air strikes. Now your saying they will wait until the UK joins the air strikes before striking? I'll be polite and say that's inconsistent.

Then we will also have to assume that the attacks will take place within or around 6 weeks, otherwise that would be another unraveling of the broader geopolitical narrative you and others have been erroneously pushing.