Football Manager 2014

hostile_statue

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/football-manager-2014-new-features-the-complete-list/

Looking forward to some of the new player roles after finally doing some reading about it.

There will be no less than 8 new player roles in FM 2014: half back, target flank man, limited full back, complete wing back, enganche, regista, false nine, shadow striker.

Limited Full Back - knows his strengths and weaknesses and focuses predominantly on his defensive duties, scarcely going forward into a more attacking role.

Complete Wing Back - loves to attack, and whilst he is capable of occupying his defensive duties, his natural inclination is to affect the game in the opposition’s defensive third.

Half Back - looks to serve a role somewhere between that of an aggressive sweeper and a defensive midfielder. With a half back, the central defenders themselves will push higher up the pitch while the half back drops deeper than a standard defensive midfielder and, in addition to his defensive duties, looks to offer an outlet for quickly recycling possession when the team’s attacking play breaks down.

Regista - a more aggressive version of the deep-lying playmaker suitable for possession-orientated systems that press high up the pitch. Given complete freedom to dictate play from deep positions, the regista offers a dynamic and unpredictable creative outlet from behind the attack who seeks to maintain intense pressure by constantly looking for new chances as his more advanced teammates get into goal scoring positions.

Enganche - the side’s prime creator, a hook that joins midfield and attack and operates behind the strikers and a playmaker who sticks to his position and becomes a pivot to his team as they move around him. It differs to the trequartista, who likes to roam from his position, drifting around and looking for space between the lines.

Flank Forward – (Wide Target Man) will be the main outlet for clearances and long balls from the back. Ideally positioned against a smaller and weaker full-back, he will be asked to get hold of the ball and keep it before recycling it to a team-mate.

Shadow Striker - operates as the team’s main goalscoring threat. Usually coupled with a deep-lying forward, the shadow striker aggressively pushes forward into goalscoring positions as the ball moves into the final third and looks to close down opposing defenders when out of possession.

False Nine - similar to a more advanced attacking midfielder/playmaker role, is an unconventional lone striker or centre-forward who drops deep into midfield. The purpose of this is that it creates a problem for opposing central defenders who can either follow him, leaving space behind them for onrushing midfielders, forwards or wingers to exploit, or leave him to have time and space to dribble or pick out a pass.

ooooooooooo after the shambolic 2013 version i'm expecting this one to be better

i was actually pissed off i spent a fiver on the last version

Really? I loved the last one

Love FM but my laptop is utterly shambolic at running it, unless I play with 1 or 2 leagues. I'll probably still end up getting it mind, had a great game on 2013 where I started at Swansea and then went on to build a predominantly British side with Liverpool but it took forever to do a season on it even on the quickest settings, no 3d matches or anything. Can't afford to buy a new laptop so might just have to put up with a slow game :lol: I always say I wont get this and Fifa but always end up getting them.

did you not play classic mode though for the most part?

i thought the full mode was soooo slow and laboured

I thought it was fine, I liked most of the tweaks and additions, never once felt the need for a Classic mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently its been a problem that supermarket employees have refused to sell the game thinking it wasn't out yet.

My first game is planned for Saturday after playing the Stanley Parable, considering Milan.

did half a season as milan and after a bad start was looking good for a title push. before i then started another save....

I missed the part when they let Italian teams now have 12 subs though. Thought it was a bug! :blush2:

Having a canny game with Southampton, finished 8th and won League cup in season 1 after buying Mateo Musacchio for £2.3m and Honda for £1.5, Mateo struggled all season but he's settled in more now 2nd season, Honda can't get a game as Ward-Prowse has become really good very quickly so I loaned him out to Fiorentina.

Expected a decent budget for season 2 and got £7m :lol: sold Schneiderlin for £16m to Madrid as he had been unsettled for a while, and I got given £6m of the £16m, so went and got Jordan Jones from Boro, Fabio Borini for £2.2m, Sebastian Coates for £1.7m, Jason Steele for £750k and then I spent the rest (with future clauses and adjusting my wage budget) to get Stevan Jovetic. The chairman is still unhappy I didn't buy enough star names or Italian players, but I'm not exactly sure what he was expecting with £7m.

So far looking a bit more solid defensively (scored a lot last season but also conceded a lot), Osvaldo (Prem's top scorer with 26 1st season) has carried on scoring for fun. Through to the group stage in Europa league and 2nd in the prem after 8 games. Enjoying the game so far tbh, seems to actually run better than FM13 did on my laptop.

Im playing a decent game with Lazio

signed alvarez and Javi Garcia on loan, no permanents except a few youngsters who Im bringing through

started briliantly and was 2nd after 15 games, have dropped off in a bad ruin and am 8th now.

Four games so far as Southampton manager.

Liverpool (h) 0-1

Villa (a) 3-0

Yeovil (h) 5-0

Hull (h) 5-0

Only got beat off Liverpool as Boruc decided to pass the ball straight to Aghbonlahor in the 93rd minute when he was unmarked. Enjoying this game so far but Wanyama is now out for six months as he's just broken his leg. :(

I've been rotating so far between a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and a 4-2-4.

Im playing a decent game with Lazio

signed alvarez and Javi Garcia on loan, no permanents except a few youngsters who Im bringing through

started briliantly and was 2nd after 15 games, have dropped off in a bad ruin and am 8th now.

Following an appalling run of 10 straight losses I was out of the Europa League (no loss) and the Italian Cup (no loss) before turning things around with a tactical tweak or two and pushed on to 3rd in Serie A at the end of the season, which is excellent.

Going into summer now and have replaced loan signing Javi Garcia with the permanent signing of Morgan Schneiderlin from Real Madrid.

I have Mame Diouf coming in on a free transfer to revitalise my aging attack, Klose and Floccarri both getting on with only youth strikers to fill the gap is not sustainable.

Looking for a permanent option for the left wing as well now and I'll be happy with my summer.

Four games so far as Southampton manager.

Liverpool (h) 0-1

Villa (a) 3-0

Yeovil (h) 5-0

Hull (h) 5-0

Only got beat off Liverpool as Boruc decided to pass the ball straight to Aghbonlahor in the 93rd minute when he was unmarked. Enjoying this game so far but Wanyama is now out for six months as he's just broken his leg. :(

I've been rotating so far between a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and a 4-2-4.

Aye Boruc is ok but his eccentricity is so high he is prone to doing some mental stuff. I just replaced him with Jason Steele from boro and I'm more solid defensively.

Following an appalling run of 10 straight losses I was out of the Europa League (no loss) and the Italian Cup (no loss) before turning things around with a tactical tweak or two and pushed on to 3rd in Serie A at the end of the season, which is excellent.

Going into summer now and have replaced loan signing Javi Garcia with the permanent signing of Morgan Schneiderlin from Real Madrid.

I have Mame Diouf coming in on a free transfer to revitalise my aging attack, Klose and Floccarri both getting on with only youth strikers to fill the gap is not sustainable.

Looking for a permanent option for the left wing as well now and I'll be happy with my summer.

Signed Marin from Chelsea for the left wing and he's been superb so far, 5 matches into the season I'm top of serie a and about to start the champions league group stage.

Signed fabio and xabi Alonso on loan and Allan Nyom on a proper transfer as well

Second season, been taken over and it's allowed me to do this :D

That was the first thing I did, mutual consent... see ya later.

Also, had the option of signing Gaitan for £7m and Perotti for £6m

January second season, making great strides with Lazio, replacing the aging squad really well, a 34 and 36 year old centre back pairing will leave in summer and be replaced by Rami and Garay on frees to rotate with Cana.

still struggling to sign a decent forward who can play the false 9 role as well as Klose is doing but hes got to be close to retiring hopefully a second season of CL football will give me enough money and pull to get someone properly good.

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting top 16 games into the 1st season, Cisse is about 1 in 2, Debuchy and Santon are fucking brilliant. HBA and Tiote needed hand holding and shouting at in equal amounts. Nicola Gaitan is a great addition for buttons. Just signed Lewis Holtby for £5m because he's not getting a game at Spurs and transfer listed himself. I've no doubt that he'll soon be sick of me, but I'm just hoping to make a profit on him.

mtxw.png

Been playing this at home

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Mbiwa Santon

Sissoko Cabaye

HBA ------------------------Gaitan

Remy Cisse

and this away

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Mbiwa Santon

Tiote

Sissoko Cabaye

HBA ------------------------Gaitan

Cisse

Started off as Dortmund again the other night, trying to re-create how they play in real life.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 with my defence pushing very high up. I'm also playing a very rigid formation which might come as a surprise but it means all of the players stick to their roles and this helps me when I want the team to press in their own specific areas.

Playing Hummels as a BPD stopper and Sokratis (due to Subotic's injury) as a CD cover so he can sweep up anything in behind.

Beat Bayern 1-0 in the Super Cup but also had them as my first league match of the season and smashed them 3-0 whilst completely dominating play.

My only signing so far has been Balanta (cheers Tim Vickery) as I need that extra body at the back due to Subotic's injury and he can eventually be a first team fixture.

Anyone have problems with strikers? Mine just never score. Cisse was a shambles, along with Guidetti, Doumbia and now Fierro. Theyre all good strikers on the game just never score and get an average rating of about 6.7 a season. I'm 4 seasons in and its the only part thats letting my team down. Candreva on the right wing got me 20 goals last season, and Vitinho, Bakkali, Douglas Costa, Lodeiro all pop in with about 8-10 goals each which is saving my goals problem.

Anyone have problems with strikers? Mine just never score. Cisse was a shambles, along with Guidetti, Doumbia and now Fierro. Theyre all good strikers on the game just never score and get an average rating of about 6.7 a season. I'm 4 seasons in and its the only part thats letting my team down. Candreva on the right wing got me 20 goals last season, and Vitinho, Bakkali, Douglas Costa, Lodeiro all pop in with about 8-10 goals each which is saving my goals problem.

None of my strikers are tearing up the goal scoring records, but they are all on a reasonable rate of return.

Have you looked at the roles they're best suited to and all that?

I was playing Remy as an Advanced Forward, but shifted him to the left wing as an inside forward and he's scoring more freely. It does mean I'm having to rotate: Him, Ben Arfa, Gaitan and Holtby though.

I would like to play 4-2-3-1, but Cisse isn't scoring enough. Hopefully signing Benteke because Villa are doing shit and he's put in a transfer request. Again, I doubt he'll stay for long, but I should hopefully make a profit.

Can't say so, I play an inside forward on each wing and a false 9 up front, works a treat.

Who've you got on the wings?