Football Manager 2014

hostile_statue

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stanciu and iancu are usually good replacements for Am/wingers. Have you managed to hold onto Cabaye? I know him and Ben Arfa are normally targeted heavily on any of my games. Sissoko and Santon both oddly end up at Bayern Munich on most of my games in all.

I'm into the 2017/2018 season with Southampton now and currently in 2nd place after 17 games (lost the title by 1 point to Chelsea last season), not sure if I'll manage to catch Man Utd tbh as they haven't lost yet and just slaughtered man city away 4-1. I have that Iancu and he just won world player of the year, almost lost him in the summer as 40m bids come in from all the big sides and I was refusing to meet his wage demand. I bought Ross Barkley from relegated Everton as a replacement but then decided to just give in to Iancu after he scored 4 against arsenal :lol: . Now I'm trying to fit my club record 15m signing Barkley in, but I'm also trying to develop Ryan ledson and Jordan rossiter.

Problem dealt with :D

Kept Ben Arfa til Jan, sold him to Real Madrid for just over 10 mil in october (moved in jan) as I couldnt get him on a new deal. used that money to pick up Rakitic to rotate the AMC spot with Sissoko.

I had Illiaramendi, Marin and Dzeko on loan (Dzeko from Jan) to help and Sold Cisse for 15 million, signed Lancina Traore to replace him.

Ended up finishing second in the league playing

Krul

Debuchy
Colo

MYM

Santon

Anita (anchor man) DMC

Cabaye (regista) DMC

Ocampos (winger) AMR

Sissoko/Rakitic (SS) AMC

Gaitan/Marin (winger) AML

Traore (False 9) ST

Nice one, the player leaving thing is always a bit of a bastard to deal with. I just had Danny Welbeck demanding 150k a week to stay, luckily bartered him down to 115k. How was Illiaramendi? he just ends up being ruined by Madrid on most of my games.

I just got a lad I've not heard of before called Tomas Martinez, I was offered him and saw bids were around 4m and as soon as I got him his value has went up to 26m :lol:. Attacking midfielder and he's already at a world class level, I wasn't going to buy one as I've already got Ward-Prowse, Iancu, Barkley, Ramirez and 2 regens but couldn't pass up the opportunity. I moved Schneiderlin on again for 14m as he's 28/29 now so it was my last chance to cash in and Ledson outperforms him now anyway.

I play a very similar formation to yours except rather than the 2 DM's I play 2 CM's, it leaves me a little more exposed at the back but my team scores a lot (my regen striker has been the worlds top striker for 2 seasons now).

Raheem Sterling and Gerard Delofeu are progressing really well and I've been rejecting bids all close season for them, it annoys me how the computer just constantly put low bids in, as Sterlings worth is 24m and the bids were all 18m, he's only just signed a new 5 year deal as well.

Won the world cup with England this close season as well, not sure if I can be bothered to stay in that job for the Euro's or leave it, I keep getting grief off England fans as I'm selecting 14 Southampton players in my squads :lol:.

Illiaramendi was steady without being spectacular, held Cabayes place when he was tired/suspended/injured but he never did enough to keep his place even for a few matches when Yohan was back fit.

Chose not to take my option to buy for 6mil at the end of the season.

Ive tried to rescue Jovetic a bunch of times but hes so injury prone its never worth it.

Rooney has been on an epic decline though which has been enjoyable. transfer listed since halfway through season one and not played by Man U at all.

Aye I tried to save Jovetic on my Southampton game but like you say he spends so much time crippled he never even progressed and I flogged him.

:lol: at Rooney, he had an ok career on mine but he's all washed up at 32, RVP is still banging them in mind.

I just got this today and so far I've had about an hour or two of 'In to the managing of Newcastle United' and I've never been so angered. Either I'm rubbish or the game is slightly difficult. I'd like to think it was the latter.

+ Cabaye has already gone on my game, although he was at Newcastle at the start of the season. :faint:

Edited by Costanzite

It is hard this time round at first I had real struggles with conceding tons of goals.

Just finished season 3. Got bought out in march and given some decent cash to spend so I've gone quite big on replacing colo with some on good now he's 33.

Finished 3rd in the league and went out in the first knockout of the CL after getting through a group with psg and barca in.

Still got quite a bit of cash to spend before next seasons budgets are announced so I'm hoping to get one or two more sorted, bit short in the cdm spots.

Well debuchy is 30 now so I think splittingy budget between a cdm and right back might be the way.

Hopefully can nab Corchia

It is hard this time round at first I had real struggles with conceding tons of goals.

It's funny as I was reasonably struggling in my friendlies but have won 4 PL games on the trot including one against Man Utd (Have only played 4 PL games so far). Krul's also had clean sheets in all of them too. No major differences apart from Saylor out on loan and Diame as Cabaye's replacement.

Strange.

Been getting frustrated with the regens coming through on my game tbh, I never seem to get good groups. If I play as another team Southampton produce top players pretty much every year, now as Southampton I had a good starting batch, 2nd year was pretty average but since then I've been getting half a star- 1 star products at best, my Director has told me not to bother signing any of them the last 4 years. I've updated my youth recruitment, youth facilities and junior coaching so they're now all as high as they can be, I even fired my director of football and replaced him with Rudi Voller but just got another absolutely shite batch. In contrast Man City, Chelsea and West Ham are bringing through lads who are able to go and play for championship sides at 15/16.

Don't know if it's luck of the draw or what but according to searches I've done I should be having a canny return by now.

Been getting frustrated with the regens coming through on my game tbh, I never seem to get good groups. If I play as another team Southampton produce top players pretty much every year, now as Southampton I had a good starting batch, 2nd year was pretty average but since then I've been getting half a star- 1 star products at best, my Director has told me not to bother signing any of them the last 4 years. I've updated my youth recruitment, youth facilities and junior coaching so they're now all as high as they can be, I even fired my director of football and replaced him with Rudi Voller but just got another absolutely shite batch. In contrast Man City, Chelsea and West Ham are bringing through lads who are able to go and play for championship sides at 15/16.

Don't know if it's luck of the draw or what but according to searches I've done I should be having a canny return by now.

Yeah I struggled too, try changing/improving your feeder clubs? I get a fair number of French and Turkish regens that're decent.

Good shout, I've only got one at the minute. I've been long enough that they let me pick my own feeder clubs now. It's just canny annoying as Southampton seem to produce top players every year if I'm not in charge :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody !!!

I'm just waiting to enjoy the FIFA World Cup in Brazil. Already got my ticket and booked the trip to Brazil through Ludus Tours. Actually it's an excellent company to deal with. They have arranged everything like FIFA tickets, Rio de Janeiro Accommodations and many more. Currently they are offering tickets to the Finals at a good price and fun tours in Brazil. If you need then contact at http://www.ludustours.com/contacts
Enjoy the trip !!

Yeah I struggled too, try changing/improving your feeder clubs? I get a fair number of French and Turkish regens that're decent.

Seems to have worked FIsh, I also worked hard to improve my scouting up to about 55% knowledge of the world in 3 year. I've had 2 English attacking midfielders through who seem to be similar to Jack Wilshere and a good left back, I had San Paulo, Dinamo, Ajax and fenerbache as feeders but they all cut ties this season.

Seems to have worked FIsh, I also worked hard to improve my scouting up to about 55% knowledge of the world in 3 year. I've had 2 English attacking midfielders through who seem to be similar to Jack Wilshere and a good left back, I had San Paulo, Dinamo, Ajax and fenerbache as feeders but they all cut ties this season.

:good:

• 2 weeks later...