Newcastle Utd - Fulham

Aeris

Third game into the new season, and you are already depending on me and my match thread luck to win games. Fuckin patethic! Well obviously this will be our first three points. My match squad recommendation will be this:

Krul
Debuchy Mbiwa Colo Dummet
Santon Sissoko Marveaux Ben Arfa
Sammy Vuckic

I honestly think Sammy/Vuckic are better physically equipped than Shola/Cisse, either pace or strength, and both are more creative players and also freakishly tall. They need plenty of experience in terms of finishing and composure, and we are doing shit anyways so why not develop these players while they are still young.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I'm such a popular dude despite my refusal to give Ashley £ I've been given a ticket to this. I won't spend in the ground mind. (subject to change if they invest)

I can see it being a very, very boring game due to the way in which Fulham approach away games & it'll be 1-0 either way.

They'll have 10 men behind the ball like they did last year.

Third game into the new season, and you are already depending on me and my match thread luck to win games. Fuckin patethic! Well obviously this will be our first three points. My match squad recommendation will be this:

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa Colo Dummet

Santon Sissoko Marveaux Ben Arfa

Sammy Vuckic

I honestly think Sammy/Vuckic are better physically equipped than Shola/Cisse, either pace or strength, and both are more creative players and also freakishly tall. They need plenty of experience in terms of finishing and composure, and we are doing shit anyways so why not develop these players while they are still young.

No one bite, it's just not worth it.

Because I'm such a popular dude despite my refusal to give Ashley £ I've been given a ticket to this. I won't spend in the ground mind. (subject to change if they invest)

I can see it being a very, very boring game due to the way in which Fulham approach away games & it'll be 1-0 either way.

They'll have 10 men behind the ball like they did last year.

Bent, Ruiz, Berbs and Taraabt! Not possible to put 10 behind the ball!

Haha - you should have seen them against Sunderland! He even had Taarabt back grafting against Arsenal too.

I think the only player who didn't was Berbatov and that's because he's too good to get embroiled in that boolsheet.

Haha - you should have seen them against Sunderland! He even had Taarabt back grafting against Arsenal too.

I think the only player who didn't was Berbatov and that's because he's too good to get embroiled in that boolsheet.

Berbs having a tab away from the riff-raff. Hero.

He's got the attributes - physically certainly - but so did Shola. :lol:

For being black AND Nigerian, which may be the country producing the fastest footballers in the world, Shola might be their most defect product of all time.

Unsettled midfielder Yohan Cabaye is set to return to the Newcastle fold this weekend, manager Alan Pardew has confirmed.

Cabaye has not yet featured this season after a failed £10million bid from Arsenal that Pardew suggested had turned his playmaker's head.

The Gunners have yet to return with an improved offer but, despite admitting the France international could still leave before the transfer window closes on 2 September, Pardew expects him to turn out against Fulham.

"What I have said to Yohan Cabaye is I expect him to play this weekend," Pardew told reporters ahead of Saturday's visit of Martin Jol's side.

"Until another bid comes in from Arsenal that is accepted or not that will be the situation."

Pardew has dodged claims that Cabaye refused to play against Manchester City and West Ham but has been angered by a situation that has undermined his plans for the new term.

"It is quite simple - we need to resolve the situation," he said after a goalless draw against the Hammers.

"We need to get ourselves in a position where if he stays, great, and if he doesn't stay we need to get someone equally as good.

"It's difficult at the moment. We have big clubs filling our players with disharmony."

"That was a good niw niw, we restricted Fulham to 10 chances, you av different types of niw niw, and that was a goodun believe you me, two clean sheets in a row at 'ome that's what we want to see. I was delighted that we 'ad 2 shots on target, and to keep a clean sheet against a wewwd clarrs team like Fulham, weww....there's a lot to be positive abaht. Me and Jow av ad a chat, and we're doin everyfing to get one over the line before Tuesdee, if we don't it aint for the want of tryin, and in January it wiww be a cyyse of watch this spice."

Edited by McFaul

If we'll get a clean sheet against Foolham tbh Krul is the only one restricing the goals, the defenders lets everyfin go past them like it was actually part of the Pardtics. Can't see us getting more than two-three target shots, hopefully one of them gets byStekelenburg which is actually the preferred dutch gk over Krul...

Think this will be a boring game to watch, it's got a 0-0, 1-0 written all over it. What the fuck has Pardew done to our players, when you consider how good they looked against Chelsea last season.

Just hoping to see some proper movement and graft up front. Really need Cisse to get back on his game now. Also looking forward to seeing Anita and Sissoko play together again, I still dont think Cabaye will start.

It is my considered opinion that if we don't get all 3 points from Fulham on Saturday at St. James' Park, Pardew should be sacked even if it means a caretaker or Kinnear temporarily taking the reins as manager until someone better can be found.

So if he wins he stays, looses he's out? What happens next week at Villa, same ultimatum?

I don't any manager should be sacked so early into a season, if they are then surely their board should have done something earlier in the summer (let's forget who we have for a second).

For what it's worth I don't see us loosing, more likely a 0-0 or 1-1 tense draw.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-heaps-praise-mathieu-5816300?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

what utter dross. If we had resonable back up i'd be dropping him for the game at the weekend - he's been terrible that first two PL games, turned inside out all game and making the same mistake time and time again, being sold by the winger and beating to the byline to put in a cross.

"That was a good niw niw, we restricted Fulham to 10 chances, you av different types of niw niw, and that was a goodun believe you me, two clean sheets in a row at 'ome that's what we want to see. I was delighted that we 'ad 2 shots on target, and to keep a clean sheet against a wewwd clarrs team like Fulham, weww....there's a lot to be positive abaht. Me and Jow av ad a chat, and we're doin everyfing to get one over the line before Tuesdee, if we don't it aint for the want of tryin, and in January it wiww be a cyyse of watch this spice."

:lol:

Proof positive that Stevie really can look into the future.