Newcastle Utd - Fulham

Aeris

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shola should only come on when we play teams like Morecambe, because that's about his level.

He's pretty useful coming off the bench when we're winning and need to slow the game down.

If we bring Taylor back into the first 11 we are mad hatters. The man needs selling to a championship suitor on Monday. Mbiwa for me like.

Remy looked good for the time he was on the pitch. I wouldn't say no to remy, if anyone said no to remy there clearly liars.

It's not like he's missing all these chances we're creating for him. We've barely got him the ball in three games! Looked a different player when Remy came on like.

There are reasons for that though that aren't the midfields fault. His movement is poor/nonexistent or he's in the wrong areas or his touch is, at times, woeful.

If Tiote, Jonas or Steven fucking Taylor come back into that side without question when they're fit, Pardew wants kicked in the bollocks.

You think Marveaux has shown enough to keep his place.

3 clean sheets coinciding with the absence of Tiote and Gutierrez does go some way to disprove the argument some of us have made that we need their defensive capabilities.

Sissoko has done a good job sitting deeper and Anita has barely put a pass astray from the middle of the park. So I'm all for them continuing their partnership.

Marveaux has done nothing, which is very poor considering how much time and space was afforded to our players by Fulham. I think he could do a good job as an impact sub, but not much more. Has talent but struggles to impact himself upon the game with any frequency (no pun intended).

I think we are in a decent midfield'ish period at the mo.

If for argument you say a 433 should line up as

Anita Cabaye Sisokko

HBA Cisse Remy

Then that leaves us

Tiote

Jonas

Marveaux

Goufran

Before we draw on

Bigi

Vuckic

Gosling

Sameobi

Etc

Pretty strong position tbf

Just need a couple of more strikers ( however Id rather wait for the right ones than rush in some 3rd or 4th choice).

The trick (if we are sticking with AP) is having a bit more attacking nouse on the coaching side.

Better game than I was expecting. We played some decent stuff & even looked dangerous from set pieces.

Awesome goal from Ben Arfa in a game that was going to be 1-0 either way. Berbatov even looked like a genius even though we forced him deep. He may as well of sparked up a tab at times.

I'm very hungover and still haven't been home.

I think we are in a decent midfield'ish period at the mo.

If for argument you say a 433 should line up as

Anita Cabaye Sisokko

HBA Cisse Remy

Then that leaves us

Tiote

Jonas

Marveaux

Goufran

Before we draw on

Bigi

Vuckic

Gosling

Sameobi

Etc

Pretty strong position tbf

Just need a couple of more strikers ( however Id rather wait for the right ones than rush in some 3rd or 4th choice).

The trick (if we are sticking with AP) is having a bit more attacking nouse on the coaching side.

Wait how much more? We're two days and a Cisse injury away from having Shola as our main striker ffs. Fact Pards trying to turn Gouffran into an out and out striker speaks volumes.

Not the case at all. If we had Cisse injured we'd almost certainly play Remy up front, likely flanked by Gouffran and HBA. Sure, Shola would get more playing time but he's not going to be our main striker.

And also, maybe some others can correct me on this, but didn't Gouffran play more centrally at Bordeaux, and it was us who started using him primarily as a winger/inside forward?

Wait how much more? We're two days and a Cisse injury away from having Shola as our main striker ffs. Fact Pards trying to turn Gouffran into an out and out striker speaks volumes.

I remember the year before last when we couldn't land Cisse and we were get all excited over players whose names I can't quite remember... Maiga and Ruiz???

If we have two wait a few months for the right one, surely that's better than taking number 3,4 or 5 on the list.

Nobody was getting excited over Ruiz - it was one of those oh we tried bids on deadline day when he was already going to Fulham, similar to the last minute N'Zogbia one in the January.

I've posted this elsewhere - but the last 15-20 minutes of that match yesterday was the most free-flowing, attacking stuff we've played since the back end of the 11/12 season. Very reminiscent of our displays against Stoke and WBA, and I can't think of a spell last season when we created so many chances with such directness.

We were only able to do that though because Fulham was pressing for an equalizer. We just need to be able to have that incisiveness when the opposition is behind the ball, and getting more early goals would help as well!

You think Marveaux has shown enough to keep his place.

3 clean sheets coinciding with the absence of Tiote and Gutierrez does go some way to disprove the argument some of us have made that we need their defensive capabilities.

Sissoko has done a good job sitting deeper and Anita has barely put a pass astray from the middle of the park. So I'm all for them continuing their partnership.

I've always maintained Marveaux is better as a sub tbh, I was just mortal when I typed that.