#BoycottMikeAshley

Odin

We were all far less informed back then than we are now. The anger over the Keegan thing was for the man himself, he'll always be loved here even if he is a fool.

Back then there was Denis Wise and the other two muppets, Llambias was probably creeping into the equation too. All those buffers between Ashley and the fans.

He's tried to do it again with Joe Kinnear but nobody is falling for it anymore, all lies and bullshit.

He's taken from the club the one off payment of 63 million for tv rights. 8 million per season for Wonga and whatever money we made on saving wages and transfers for Perch, Simpson, Harper etc.. and this will continue to happen. Which is precisely why boycotting the next home game needs to be done, he needs to know we aren't going to fall for his bullshit any more.

I think if he came out and told it how it is, the supporters could come to terms with it, especially if there's to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were all far less informed back then than we are now. The anger over the Keegan thing was for the man himself, he'll always be loved here even if he is a fool.

Back then there was Denis Wise and the other two muppets, Llambias was probably creeping into the equation too. All those buffers between Ashley and the fans.

He's tried to do it again with Joe Kinnear but nobody is falling for it anymore, all lies and bullshit.

He's taken from the club the one off payment of 63 million for tv rights. 8 million per season for Wonga and whatever money we made on saving wages and transfers for Perch, Simpson, Harper etc.. and this will continue to happen. Which is precisely why boycotting the next home game needs to be done, he needs to know we aren't going to fall for his bullshit any more.

I think if he came out and told it how it is, the supporters could come to terms with it, especially if there's to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm struggling to understand what benefit you think we will get from this. Ashley going? He wont unless it's on his terms. Him telling us that he's going to take as much money off us as he can before he fucks off? He won't, he won't say anything. He'll hide behind Kinnear the same way he did with Lambeeze. The only difference is JFK will just spout more shite that embarasses the club.

As Tom says, the only thing that I can see this doing is effecting the team and last time that happened we had a team that should have been capable of comfortably avoiding relegation sinking like a stone with a JFK in charge of it. I'm no fan of Pardew but I really don't want to go down that road agan.

Our aim is to make Newcastle United self-financing. We cannot continue to acquire debt year after year and rely on additional financial support from the owner.

We have a realistic view of what we can achieve at Newcastle and the time-frame required to achieve it. We have a strict spending policy and will not take a reckless approach which permits spending beyond our means. It is a sensible long-term plan for success and we have absolute confidence that this is the right model for Newcastle United.

Our priority during the summer transfer window is to secure exciting young players with huge potential that add real strength to the squad.

There are certain perceived 'big' clubs that have no financial constraints whatsoever. But for us as a club rash, short-term spending is not the answer and the days of Newcastle United acquiring 'trophy' signings who command huge salaries for past successes on the pitch are over.

Such players have generated excitement and anticipation in the past, of course, but ultimately they have left the Club poorer and with little to show for it in terms of our standing in the league and cup competitions.

Our focus now is to bring in players who can develop and fulfil their potential at Newcastle United

We have some excellent young players amongst our current crop who have come through the Club's Academy system, some of whom have now broken into the first team, including Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson and James Tavernier.

The board will continue to focus on strengthening the Development Squad to make sure we identify and nurture the region's wealth of talented youngsters, as well as bringing some of Europe's most exciting young prospects to Newcastle.

This does not however discount players of any age who we feel can add experience to the squad.

16 Oct 2011

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20111016/newcastle-united-fc-mission-statement_2281670_2483862

People don't even seem to be paying attention.

I felt absolutely no frustration or anger yesterday, its been like this for ages. When people start saying, i bet the club says "they brought forward the summer spending from January" i wonder what is going on in their heads. The club did say that. Thats what happened. If we could get high value from a deal for Gomis at 30% under his market rate, we might buy him because he would, at his age, just about hold some value.

The club is the least ambitious in the premier league on one statistic, the amount spent in the transfer window.

There are 2 other metrics of ambition which we are certainly not at the bottom for. The first is simply wages.

The second is current market value of players, since this represents the past investments and the foregone transfer fees. We arent bottom on that either.

16 Oct 2011

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20111016/newcastle-united-fc-mission-statement_2281670_2483862

People don't even seem to be paying attention.

People loved that at the time. If you can hold your nose and accept it a sort of mission statement from 18 months rather the mealy mouthed bullshit it really is, those who were enthusiastic about the way he was going about things back then could maybe conclude that nowt much has changed.

The one conclusion I'm drawing from when this article was published is that recruitment policy isnt really based on squad need, its based on league position.

Jesus wept.

I'm struggling to understand what benefit you think we will get from this. Ashley going? He wont unless it's on his terms. Him telling us that he's going to take as much money off us as he can before he fucks off? He won't, he won't say anything. He'll hide behind Kinnear the same way he did with Lambeeze. The only difference is JFK will just spout more shite that embarasses the club.

As Tom says, the only thing that I can see this doing is effecting the team and last time that happened we had a team that should have been capable of comfortably avoiding relegation sinking like a stone with a JFK in charge of it. I'm no fan of Pardew but I really don't want to go down that road agan.

The aim of this is to get Ashleys attention so that he engages with us. To tell us how much longer he plans to own the club, what are his ambitions if any. We deserve to know this and he needs to know that there is no more bullshit we will fall for.

It's also a hope that the negative media attention that may come his way over this may force him to re-evaluate his position here.

This isn't about team affairs, Pardew and Kinnear should be left out of it so as not to confuse the issue

This isn't about team affairs, Pardew and Kinnear should be left out of it so as not to confuse the issue

It seems to be about getting Mike Ashley to repeat his frequently stated aim of running a self financing club that can reach the top ten of the Premier league.

In what sense is it worth boycotting 1 game to hear that again?

Best figures i could find at short notice on wage bills. Teams like Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton were prem teams for the period when the last accounts were available are now not relevant.

Norwich £37m

Swansea £35m

West Brom £50m

Southampton 52% of around £33m (2 sources)

Newcastle £64m.

Yes other clubs have risen since then but so have we, we'll be close to £70m now. Same as Everton, Villa, Sunderland.

A case in point for the Pardew haters being he should get more out of that relative advantage.

Best figures i could find at short notice on wage bills. Teams like Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton were prem teams for the period when the last accounts were available are now not relevant.

Norwich £37m

Swansea £35m

West Brom £50m

Southampton 52% of around £33m (2 sources)

Newcastle £64m.

Yes other clubs have risen since then but so have we, we'll be close to £70m now. Same as Everton, Villa, Sunderland.

A case in point for the Pardew haters being he should get more out of that relative advantage.

2012 turnover

Newcastle £94m

Everton £81m

Villa £80m

Sunderland £78m

This is with NUFC underachieving in terms of revenue, I say underachieving because we made more 10 years ago, and we still should have significantly more money annually to spend on wages than our so called competitors this with the club VASTLY under achieving in terms of revenues.

I agree to an extent but I can't say I'm totally comfortable with any of them. If we play 4-4-2 then we really don't have a left winger (unless HBA plays there and then we're left to Obertan as being the only right winger). If we try again with the 4-3-3 (which I think we have players more suited to) then Pardew seems to have had trouble making it work. More often than not Cisse's being isolated. Hopefully introducing a fully fat (sorry fit) Ben Arfa and Remy into that mix can solve that problem but I'm not convinced Pardew has the ability to get them working right. Mind you it all looked good for ten minutes on Saturday when we had Cisse, Remy, Goufrran and HBA all attacking so maybe there's our hope there.

I think Gouffran, HBA and Remy would all be comfortable in an attacking left wing role, just as they would an attacking right wing role. Add to those the lesser talents of Marveaux, Jonas, Sammy etc.

The aim of this is to get Ashleys attention so that he engages with us. To tell us how much longer he plans to own the club, what are his ambitions if any. We deserve to know this and he needs to know that there is no more bullshit we will fall for.

It's also a hope that the negative media attention that may come his way over this may force him to re-evaluate his position here.

Then it's a waste of time. He won't be presured into changing his plan. He wants his money back and that's it. I don't need him to come and tell me that, I'm certain of his motives without him telling me.

And there's no way to separate something like that from the team. You might say it's all aimed at the owner but the reality is that it effects the team too.

I think Gouffran, HBA and Remy would all be comfortable in an attacking left wing role, just as they would an attacking right wing role. Add to those the lesser talents of Marveaux, Jonas, Sammy etc.

Yeah I'm happy to accept that but that's more in a 4-3-3 no? That would probably be too attacking in a 4-4-2 and you still have to wonder whether Pardew can get them to make it work in a 4-3-3. Obviously at our best in the 5th placed season it did work with Ba on the left so the hopes got to be that we can replicate that.

This isn't a thread about Kevin Keegan.

Yet t was you who brought him up and called him a fool. That isn't likely to win friends and influence people is it? I'm extremely suspicious of any Mag who slates KK.

I'm already boycotting as it is, calling for a mass boycott for a one off game is just not going to happen, however individuals choosing enough is enough has already happened and may well continue and will have more effect than you coming on here with your spiel.

I disagree, given hes using it as a platform for SD and hes egotisitical, he will if the media rightly mocks him.

The media mocked him after the takeover as a fat beer swilling twat who wanted to be one of the fans and refused to wear a tie in the away boardroom and he didn't give a shit. Show me one thing that indicates that Mike Ashley is in the least bit concerned about his personal image.

We have the 7th highest turnover, the 8th highest wage bill and the 9th best (lowest) wages to turnover ratio.

Only Villa have a higher wage bill on a smaller turnover.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/premier-league-201112-some-girls-are.html

% Wage stats....

Min - 49.5%

Max - 92.3%

Mean - 72.3%

Median - 73.5%

Newcastle - 68.7%

So if you are using wages as a measure of ambition, while not being bottom, we are (in 11/12) below average...only slightly.

In 12/13 our TV money was reduced and our wages increased, so I am guessing we will move above average for last season.

you only had to look at our bench in recent games to see how piss weak the squad is. even when our best 11 are all fit, we have next to no game changers on the bench.

That's what I liked about Saturday. Having Gouffran, Cabaye and Remy all on the bench was such a great boon, I was excited about them even while the game was dull. You need potential game changers available.