#BoycottMikeAshley

Odin

If you take our best eleven as Krul, Debuchy, Mbiwa, Colo, Santon, HBA, Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy and Cisse, you then have a bench of Elliot, Anita, Saylor, Marveaux, Goufrran, Shola & Haidara. That's pretty strong looking to me and you could certainly say that at least three of those could be game changers.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take our best eleven as Krul, Debuchy, Mbiwa, Colo, Santon, HBA, Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy and Cisse, you then have a bench of Elliot, Anita, Saylor, Marveaux, Goufrran, Shola & Haidara. That's pretty strong looking to me and you could certainly say that at least three of those could be game changers.

strong? you honestly think that?

% Wage stats....

Min - 49.5%

Max - 92.3%

Mean - 72.3%

Median - 73.5%

Newcastle - 68.7%

So if you are using wages as a measure of ambition, while not being bottom, we are (in 11/12) below average...only slightly.

In 12/13 our TV money was reduced and our wages increased, so I am guessing we will move above average for last season.

Off set by our 14 televised games in the Europa League and the reasonable prize money gained from still being in it till April will have brought.

Anyone slagging Keegan is a cunt or a youngun, that's a fact.

i can't imagine any real nufc supporter that was around in the 80s or 90s slagging him. likely a WUM or a kid that doesn't know his history

The bottom line is that there was money available for spending and he is going to keep it to pay himself back. However, that doesn't mean that all of the club's decisions have been made to the detriment of the football team. We have some very good players, spend about the 8th highest amount on wages and have a very valuable squad. The squad value is important and represents the willingness to not sell Cabaye for 12m and bring in Barry on loan (or whoever). We could still have made a profit on Cabaye and spent 10m this summer. We'd have been much higher up SSN's 'Spending league' (ffs) but more than likely have gone backwards.

The strategy is indefensible in the broader context of the last 10 to 15 years and the potential of the club. We could be so much better than we are and i understand the frustration everyone has with that. Given the good baseline i've just talked about, an extra couple of million for Gomis and we'd be looking far stronger.

Even in my personal mini negative slump, I am still probably looking forward to the next match more than any other in the last year.

That last 20 minutes with Remy has me gagging for the next game.

As the only pro Ashley tard on the board, how come you are one of the only posters to have cancelled their season ticket?

strong? you honestly think that?

Compared to West Brom, Swansea, Norwich, Southampton, the unwashed, Palace, Hull, Stoke, Cardiff, West Ham, Fulham, yes that looks like a strong match squad to me.

Compared to Man Utd, Citeh, Chelski, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and probably Everton? No not really but one that should be able to give them a game.

As the only pro Ashley tard on the board, how come you are one of the only posters to have cancelled their season ticket?

Because unlike you, it costs me an extra £200 - £300 in lost wages to attend. (And yes I don't have to drink, but that's my matchday).

Compared to West Brom, Swansea, Norwich, Southampton, the unwashed, Palace, Hull, Stoke, Cardiff, West Ham, Fulham, yes that looks like a strong match squad to me.

Compared to Man Utd, Citeh, Chelski, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and probably Everton? No not really but one that should be able to give them a game.

i wish i shared your confidence in those players. they've not convinced me they're up to much so far.

i wish i shared your confidence in those players. they've not convinced me they're up to much so far.

Well I admit some of it is based on the fact that many of them are near enough regulars for their countries and on the odd glimpses of ability they've shown so far. But we know how good Krul, Santon, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse can be first hand. I fear their management more than anything like.

I dont think he enjoyed the bed sheet brigade,the last time they came out to play the stewards were given orders to confiscate the banners as they were seen by a worldwide audience i remember fans were warned that their ST would be revoked. This was because it didnt affect the players but i imagine it tarnished the worldwide brand of Newcastle United Football Club and as we now know Ashley has bought the club as a brand not as a football club with one intention making money. He doesnt give a toss about the fans who go and spend their hard earned money as long as they keep spending he'll carry on taking the money & the piss out of each and every supporter,the club, & the city of Newcastle i've said it before Keegan didn't leave for nothing he loved the club, the supporters, and the city,he quickly realised the club was rotten at the top he was being undermined just like Pardew but at least he had the self respect and respected the club,the supporters and the city of Newcastle by walking away and eventually exposing the way this regime now runs the club .