Has the Internet turned the average football supporter into a moaning girls blouse?

Christmas Tree

Everyone knows that and people say it and point out that its not quite working yet. But the know alls cant accept this and rather than agree it hasnt quite worked out yet they have to pretend that they see something other mere mortals cant.

A lot of us can watch a game and have a rough idea when a player is playing well or struggling.

It really really isnt rocket science.

So do you agree that it takes time for players to settle, and some may settle quicker than others, or is it all Pardews fault? :)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another true classic of a thread from CT.

The biggest girls' blouse on the board moaning about moaning girls' blouses. Fans complaining about the lack of investment that turned us from 5th place Champions League contenders (one match away from 4th) to relegation dodgers the next season is what's turning us into a laughingstock. Fucking hell, you couldn't make this up.

Ah you did :lol:

I tried at the beginning to say it wasnt Ashley related more the ability of modern man to howl at the moon via the internet.

We know they have limited ambitions, we know they want to wipe our own arse (or mouth or nose), we know they wont pay big bucks.... yet every window a shock wave goes through the online support as though its ground hog day.

Fair enough be missed off that we are not ambitious or have a tactless owner, but grown men meeting in pubs to plot takeovers, boycotts called for, etc etc.

The beer wont quite let me put it into words, but it seems like the online football version of the sort of ott hysteria we get when a royal dies.

Another true classic of a thread from CT.

The biggest girls' blouse on the board moaning about moaning girls' blouses. Fans complaining about the lack of investment that turned us from 5th place Champions League contenders (one match away from 4th) to relegation dodgers the next season is what's turning us into a laughingstock. Fucking hell, you couldn't make this up.

I thought you were a teacher or something????

Im not complaining about people complaining, Im complaining about the way in which they are complaining.

Everyone knows that and people say it and point out that its not quite working yet. But the know alls cant accept this and rather than agree it hasnt quite worked out yet they have to pretend that they see something other mere mortals cant.

A lot of us can watch a game and have a rough idea when a player is playing well or struggling.

It really really isnt rocket science.

Who are these "know alls" that have twisted your knickers so badly?

Besides surely if the manager is as drastically bad as you say he is this process might take longer?

Basically you're putting yourself on the very camp you're having a go at.

Amazing.

Who are these "know alls" that have twisted your knickers so badly?

Besides surely if the manager is as drastically bad as you say he is this process might take longer?

Basically you're putting yourself on the very camp you're having a go at.

Amazing.

Not at all. I havent taken to twitter urging a boycott. I havent started a "please Mike sell" petition. I havent wailed and retweeted every Steve Wraith uttering.....

Im disappointed of course, but we know the score as it stands and have done for some while. We're not Portsmouth or Boro but just an also ran mid table premiership team that finished 5th the season before last and played in Europe last season.

Its depressing but its not quite as "end of the world fodder" that a lot of our online support make out.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Because its as simple as one or the other :lol:

You're saying you understand it may take time, whilst simultaneously slaughtering the coach at every turn...thats frankly fuckin nuts tbh :lol:

And the second biggest critic of Pardew on here (Tooj) is also in your "target" area of criticsm...young,smart, knows his Alkmaar's from his Armenia Bielefeld's...

You're saying you understand it may take time, whilst simultaneously slaughtering the coach at every turn...thats frankly fuckin nuts tbh :lol:

And the second biggest critic of Pardew on here (Tooj) is also in your "target" area of criticsm...young,smart, knows his Alkmaar's from his Armenia Bielefeld's...

Thats not only bollocks, its a whole different conversation. I said Pardews tactics were fucking us up last October. I said we would end up in a relegation battle. You called me a drama queen and said there there it will be all right after Xmas.

None of that has anything to do with people just being honest. If Debuchy is struggling to fit in and playing poorly, dont say "hes not, your just not seeing it". etc etc The same stuff goes on with many other players.

And again, none of thats got nothing to do with my observation in this thread Mr Derailpants.

CT struggles to understand, its not his fault. He hasn't got the bug, that inner passion. Its clear from his posts he can take it or leave it but for others there is a massive desire and passion about the club.they care to the nth degree and their feelings aren't just left on the terrace like his. For CT supporting newcastle is as much a social thing as it is for the love of nufc. I don't think your in a position to call anyone for bring emotionally attached just because u can take it or leave it.

CT struggles to understand, its not his fault. He hasn't got the bug, that inner passion. Its clear from his posts he can take it or leave it but for others there is a massive desire and passion about the club.they care to the nth degree and their feelings aren't just left on the terrace like his. For CT supporting newcastle is as much a social thing as it is for the love of nufc. I don't think your in a position to call anyone for bring emotionally attached just because u can take it or leave it.

Your missing the point tbh.

People used to care to the nth degree when we consistently sold our star players like Beardsley, Waddle and Keegan. But it didnt cause as much daily outpouring as what a lot less does these days.

We've had 5 or 6 first teamers brought in in the last 8 months but people on twitter are going on as though its end of days.