Has the Internet turned the average football supporter into a moaning girls blouse?

Christmas Tree

By the way, the silly twat has gone to bed a happy drunken arsehole last night after the number of responses he's got in this thread. Don't feed the troll. It's weigh in day tomorrow and he's had more than enough.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer CT people are LESS hysteric now and are a bit more stoic when it comes to NUFC, before the internet came around you'd have people phoning the radio to complain, before those phone-ins you'd get people writing to the letters page of 'The Mag' to moan about the board and their lack of ambition, before the days of fanzines it would be a letter to 'The Pink' or 'Sunday Sun'. People would moan like fuck in the bars and clubs and would boo and chant at games and wouldn't shrug their shoulders on leaving the ground, do you you not remember the 'sack the board' years? The students around Eldon Square war memorial certainly do as they'd get chased by disgruntled supporters on the rampage and a few windows in the Town would end up getting replaced as well. :lol: I'm surprised you can't remember all this. :whistle:

(Was it ladies night last night?) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_rmblX-xF0

To answer CT people are LESS hysteric now and are a bit more stoic when it comes to NUFC, before the internet came around you'd have people phoning the radio to complain, before those phone-ins you'd get people writing to the letters page of 'The Mag' to moan about the board and their lack of ambition, before the days of fanzines it would be a letter to 'The Pink' or 'Sunday Sun'. People would moan like fuck in the bars and clubs and would boo and chant at games and wouldn't shrug their shoulders on leaving the ground, do you you not remember the 'sack the board' years? The students around Eldon Square war memorial certainly do as they'd get chased by disgruntled supporters on the rampage and a few windows in the Town would end up getting replaced as well. :lol: I'm surprised you can't remember all this. :whistle:

(Was it ladies night last night?) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_rmblX-xF0

:lol:

post of the millenium/ [end thread]

I'm not sure who these old fashioned blokes that didn't discuss the match a day or so after it happened are. It's always been the first topic of choice for blokes in this area. As for the dig at us 20's lot, it's hardly our fault we were born in a good period for NUFC I like many would have followed us regardless.

My granda in law is 87.

First thing he does when we see each other is froth at the mouth for 15 minutes about Ashley, kinnear, llambias, Pardew, Shola, mackems, sky, England and Ashley Cole.

Then he gets on to the cricket and calms down.

My granda in law is 87.

First thing he does when we see each other is froth at the mouth for 15 minutes about Ashley, kinnear, llambias, Pardew, Shola, mackems, sky, England and Ashley Cole.

My Old Man is 78, he's the same.

Except for the cricket bit-he's not dead yet ;)

My granda in law is 87.

Sounds ace.

Sounds ace.

He's mint aye. None of his kids, grand kids, or great grand kids pay more than a passing interest in football, so he loves having a season ticket holder to bounce off.

Drinks a half bottle of whisky a day. I always get a bottle of real ale to take home with me too :gettin:

CT, without the Internet, the concept that fish was available in a format called "fresh" as well as "tinned" would have remained a mystery to you into your 6th decade. So it hasn't all been bad.

Not to mention the chilli flake debacle.

I wonder what kind of strange and sheltered world CT would live in if he hadn't found the Internet.