Bored?

Brock Manson

intelligent people are never bored

79029[/snapback]

You can tell yourself that if it makes you feel better however in my experience it's the fuckwits of this world who tend to be easily pleased and far less inclined to be bored.

I thought he was taking the piss, if he's being serious he might want to read up on what he's talking about. Schopenhauer and Heidegger (?) have some interesting things to say on it. In fact one of them, the former I think, uses boredom as the basis for a proof that life has no purpose!

I thought he was taking the piss, if he's being serious he might want to read up on what he's talking about. Schopenhauer and Heidegger (?) have some interesting things to say on it.  In fact one of them, the former I think, uses boredom as the basis for a proof that life has no purpose!

79100[/snapback]

I got bored half-way through reading that tbh :yes

I got bored half-way through reading that tbh :yes

79108[/snapback]

:P Prick!

In future I'll start 'Did you know...' or 'Philosophy is a lot like a game of cricket...' and maybe add some nice pictures. B)