George Caulkin's new piece

I guess,though mostly I just want Jack Colback away from the 1st team entirely.

Ideally but my heart doesn't exactly sink when he's paired with Shelvey.  I'd rather see a motivated Tiote played ahead of him but it doesn't seem like that's an option.  Wasn't Mbemba supposed to be able to play as a defensive midfielder?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://theathletic.com/1174087/?source=fbukadsbc&ad_id=23843634954360539&ad_channel=Facebook_Desktop_Feed_Croud&fbclid=IwAR1OyfnphGx0FcG9B7jNVULZO19euqZtUJBk0U2b8IoRGtk-hzSvq8XO3Po

Most kids like their toys, will think of new and fun things to make them entertaining and adventurous and generally treat them well.   Ashley is the equivilant of the kid in Toystory that li

You guys have it totally wrong, Ashley's not a kid and he doesn't like toys. He's one of those cunts that has an opportunity to buy a really nice car, one far better than he ever deserves but in

Would probably agree on the whole with DK's assessment although I think it's a fairly easy role to play when he's alongside Shelvey in CM and the other players he has alongside him. Dyer's a funny one to bring up though as Colback will never do 10% of what he did for NUFC.

I agree with all of that but I think Dickie has a point that Dyer at times hid.  When he didn't he was so far beyond what Colback is it's like a different sport.  But he was a cunt at times too.

Ideally but my heart doesn't exactly sink when he's paired with Shelvey.  I'd rather see a motivated Tiote played ahead of him but it doesn't seem like that's an option.  Wasn't Mbemba supposed to be able to play as a defensive midfielder?

I claw at my eyes whenever I see that Ginger bellend on the teamsheet. Tiote is surely off in the window? 

I'm not a fan of playing Centre backs in midfield, it often seems to be a suggestion of Centre Backs who're more comfortable on the ball, to push them forward a bit. It was said of Colo and Bramble. I'd much rather just play an actual DM there.

Would probably agree on the whole with DK's assessment although I think it's a fairly easy role to play when he's alongside Shelvey in CM and the other players he has alongside him. Dyer's a funny one to bring up though as Colback will never do 10% of what he did for NUFC.

I agree on that as well - they were just the first two names that sprang to mind as examples of players who went missing when it suited them. Dyer a totally different kettle of fish as a player

The problem with Colback is more that him and Hayden are a shocking partnership (especially when we have a left winger who isn't exactly flying down the flank). Colback has been adequate when paired with Shelvey because they clearly compliment each other more. Hayden is a lot better than Colback but in this division, used in his right way, Colback is fine.

Unfortunately we've found out to our cost in the last few games, that we don't have adequate cover for Shelvey. Actually I think this has been evident throughout the season because generally in the games we've lost, Shelvey hasn't been able to dictate and we've needed another option that we haven't had. Which is another reason why people have wanted to see us play another striker.

Otherwise will have taken note of our struggles without Shelvey and do more to neutralise him. We need a plan B pronto

I appreciate this window is hard to do business in but we've been shite since December without Shelvey, Reading could be 3 points behind us tonight and we still haven't addressed the glaring lack of creativity in our team. The club should have been breaking their backs to have a deal in place for the first day of the window.

I appreciate this window is hard to do business in but we've been shite since December without Shelvey, Reading could be 3 points behind us tonight and we still haven't addressed the glaring lack of creativity in our team. The club should have been breaking their backs to have a deal in place for the first day of the window.

The majority support Ashley now man. We're a club on the up. Everything had changed.

... Not sure why we still aren't breaking ground on the training facility upgrade mind.

And not sure why there's been no fans forums. Or why nust haven't been readmiitted after a dialogue was promised at the last one.

And not sure why we've heard no more about the deal for sports direct to pay for their advertising.

And I know the club debt has increased by more than a quarter although we made £30m profit in the last transfer window.

... But Ashley has learned his lessons and there's no need to worry about Rafa getting all he needs whatsoever.

Players with Shelvey's vision and passing range aren't easy to come by. And won't be happy to sit on the bench. So we'd need someone with his skills and also able to play in another position on the pitch.

This is a fair point. The alternative being we get someone in on loan (youngster with ability or some such). It's not looking like very much at all is going to happen at this point though.

He was one of the few players who took responsibility at that time, despite not really being able to create and looking shit as a result. You disagree, but you're fucking wrong.

The reason he looked so fuckin shit at Cardiff v manu is he was the only one in midfield that day not hiding :glare:

He wasn't great in any way for us but cowardice isn't really him iyam. There again, he did fuck off to Birmingham for a season..he probably knew what to expect the next season from the err "more emotional" elements of our support :D

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-team-coming-to-dads-funeral-made-it-the-best-moment-of-my-life-2nc8f5q77?shareToken=5c852c723a7994bf930ba3b7c7070ad3

A non-Newcastle piece this time but a good read about Knockaert. Seems like Hughton has again succeeded in creating a fantastic squad spirit down there.

Yes he's got a good thing going there. I think team spirit is the one area they've got the edge over us - they seem to be able to come back from going a goal down and manage to eek out draws and narrow wins, which is normally the mark of a good spirit. 

• 3 months later...

was just coming to post that tweet

glad he's done so well with brighton, thought he's done a pretty much excellent job whereever he has managed so far, and shouldn't have been let go by us at the time 

Saw a few people suggesting he had Norwich almost relegated... actually, he kept them up first season and they were outside the relegation places when he got the sack. Given the limitations of their squad I wouldn't deem that a failure of any kind. Great man and great manager.

Saw a few people suggesting he had Norwich almost relegated... actually, he kept them up first season and they were outside the relegation places when he got the sack. Given the limitations of their squad I wouldn't deem that a failure of any kind. Great man and great manager.

They've not exactly got better for him leaving.