FIFA 14

Barney

so...playing football?

No its not football, when EVERY lofted through ball catches your defender out as he watches it over his head, when every cross finds its way to an attackers head and through balls from their CB can cut your midfield and defenders to pieces everytime. At least make it unpredictable.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not football, when EVERY lofted through ball catches your defender out as he watches it over his head, when every cross finds its way to an attackers head and through balls from their CB can cut your midfield and defenders to pieces everytime. At least make it unpredictable.

That doesn't happen to me tbh. Ive seen a lot of talk of things being OP in this fifa and none of the really manifest in an unbalanced way in my matches

That doesn't happen to me tbh. Ive seen a lot of talk of things being OP in this fifa and none of the really manifest in an unbalanced way in my matches

I dont even bother playing it anymore, its lost the fun, addicting aspect it used to have, I just play casually against my mates. I'm hoping when I get my PS4 that I might get some luck in packs (which I never ever got on 360, 3 years on UT and the best player I got was TOTW Higuain on FIFA 11, since then I've had no TOTW players or anyone that goes for over 15k, even when I get them I only get 1 every 6 month or so) and for the gameplay to be a little more enjoyable, instead of every person I play constantly playing lofted through balls.

what division are you in/what are you playing?

if you don't see people score obscene amounts of corners or score them yourself something isn't right or you're playing spastics, any cb with reasonable heading and better if they have the power heading trait will score you bundles.

and everyone uses the lob through ball effort that has a striker run through before the cb becomes active in the higher divisions anyway, get ball on the win, cut inside run straight and modifier+lob .... all the time

If it's a serie.a team everyyyyyyyone uses Muriel and Ibarbo for example for eactly that

i just beat a lad 5-3 who i shit you not (i counted) tried 29 lob balls over the top.

the heading is funny it's the reverse of the previous incarnations, midgets won't beat thiago silva in the air anymore, but at set pieces anyone with 70+ heading or power header will score bucketloads

Thats what happens to me, they lob through ball it and their striker has already made a run for the ball while my CB is still inactive because when I press LB/L1 it cycles through the rest of my team.

Aye it definitely is tweaked, the lobbed through balls are still tried tons but they don't seem to work against me all that well unless they are well played/timed.

Same for headers tbh, I expect to concede some but I rarely think the number going in is unreasonable.

Im in a match now that is unplayable because of the lag, but if I quit, I get a DNF penalty

great system

yeah, I've always thought they should give you 5 mins of game time's grace to test lag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

aye played a game with him there and now hoofed him on the market, if i'd got one of ze germans i'd have kept them tbh

Matthaus is a beast

atm i'm playing with my Hybrid team most of the time, haven't went near the serie.a one in ages.

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=kUPR2iznbpAx:360

How the fuck have you afforded that team? You must get unreal luck in packs! The only decent player I've got in packs is IF Higuain on Fifa 11 ffs!

I just keep hitting the bar or post or it's blocked on the line or the keeper makes a wonder save. I'm regularly getting 15-16 shots with 10-12 on target but yet seem to lose these games to a fella with 6/4 or some such.

I keep conceding shit goals and for some reason my defence who I'm not in control of will go on the wander. I think it's fixed to an extent - so that you buy packs.

aye i've had decent luck, kept getting duplicates of lewandonski , must've got him 5 times, lahm few times (i've the RB card as well as the CDM one) few cards that were all over the 150k mark, i've actually shite luck with informs though, best inform i got before that legend card was Felipe Melo's from last week, only got me like 40k

Friggin hell, I'm lucky if i get a player worth more than 650 coins in a pack. Annoys me when for 3 years ive got no one of note in a pack and then people seem to open packs and get IF's and 30k+ players left, right and centre.

i know what you mean about the gameplay being scripted though. In some games it just seems impossible to pass to your own team mates, or it's like youre controlling a bunch of heed the balls as they never move or watch a ball go straight past them. The goalkeeping is terrible on it too, theyre so slow at reactions refuse to do the simple thing right!

I was having a blast of FUT last night and it's got to the stage where I can tell it's fixing the match. I'd won 3 in a row and in the first half of the match I was literally doing everything to score and his - fairly average - keeper was making saves that would have Gordon Banks blushing. I literally couldn't score.

So obviously the commentator starts with the 'if you don't take your chances'' rubbish. So in the second half the game completely flipped on it's head and Diego - the brazillian mid - beat Thiago Silva/David Luiz to 3 headers scoring every one.

The manner in which my players were jumping for the ball was canny questionable - I was going about it in the same manner I always would and these two normally boss every game in the air but it's almost as if they were doing the Sammy Ameobi ''Oh do I have to?'' token jump where they aren't looking to win the ball.

I didn't get frustrated but I had a little laugh. It wont let you piss a division if you haven't spent money on packs ;)

Ah well. :lol:

I think it's a good idea for a game but they've fucked it. You would think the game would be utopian in style whereas in reality it's just people playing 60 yard long balls to a big man or using players with 96 pace to get away from you.

It's rare you see anybody play any actual football & it's equally rare you see anything genuinely creative - which PS4 FIFA 14 can facilitate a lot better than it's predecessor. It's mainly people doing the same thing over and over again. People playing football they wouldn't pay to watch.

Oh well it seems like I'm languishing in division 5.

It does my head in to be honest.

I want to compete in a game - I don't want events dictated to me via a predetermined narrative. It deems the entire thing pointless. Obviously it doesn't happen every game but when it does it's clear as day.