What type of new owner would you prefer ?

trooper

When the day comes for Ashley and his croanies fuck off and sell up what type of ownership would you prefer ?

1.) A rich oil sheik to throw money at the club.

2.) A local consortium to keep the club stabilised listen to the fans but not have the funds of an oil sheik.

3.) Something in between

My choice would be 2 because this club needs to be run by people who understand what this club means to the fans and the region we dont have to be the richest club or have the biggest ground or to have the piss took out of us by someonewho doesnt give a flying fuck as long as your spending your money.I dont go to the ground anymore but watch the matches via the internet there's not many happy faces at the ground at the minute it's like the life is getting sucked out of the club. Some of you will be going for Steve Harper's testimonial game this week,his team are the legends they're what made this club great they didn't win any F.A cups or Premier League titles (not for the want of trying) but they put smiles on faces gave you something to talk about before and after the game and im pretty sure most of them would roll their sleeves up and help out if a local consortium bought the club it's time St James Park was a happy place again unfortunatley at the minute people are laughing at the club we all deserve a club run better than it is now.I'll probably get hammered for this but its how i feel at the minute.

When the day comes for Ashley and his croanies fuck off and sell up what type of ownership would you prefer ?

1.) A rich oil sheik to throw money at the club.

2.) A local consortium to keep the club stabilised listen to the fans but not have the funds of an oil sheik.

3.) Something in between

My choice would be 2 because this club needs to be run by people who understand what this club means to the fans and the region we dont have to be the richest club or have the biggest ground or to have the piss took out of us by someonewho doesnt give a flying fuck as long as your spending your money.I dont go to the ground anymore but watch the matches via the internet there's not many happy faces at the ground at the minute it's like the life is getting sucked out of the club. Some of you will be going for Steve Harper's testimonial game this week,his team are the legends they're what made this club great they didn't win any F.A cups or Premier League titles (not for the want of trying) but they put smiles on faces gave you something to talk about before and after the game and im pretty sure most of them would roll their sleeves up and help out if a local consortium bought the club it's time St James Park was a happy place again unfortunatley at the minute people are laughing at the club we all deserve a club run better than it is now.I'll probably get hammered for this but its how i feel at the minute.

You spelled Owanaship wrong in the same line.

Oil rich and, like the city fans now, I wouldn't give a fuck if people said we bought success. I'd happily dry my tears on the 3rd FA cup final ticket of the past 3 years.

Local business consortia are unlikely to change our fortunes at all. While we may enjoy a better relationship with them, it doesn't matter. Not one of us would care about the Sports Direct branding if Ashley had masterminded a league title win.

Oil rich and, like the city fans now, I wouldn't give a fuck if people said we bought success. I'd happily dry my tears on the 3rd FA cup final ticket of the past 3 years.

Local business consortia are unlikely to change our fortunes at all. While we may enjoy a better relationship with them, it doesn't matter. Not one of us would care about the Sports Direct branding if Ashley had masterminded a league title win.

yup

I'd like us to be run like Spurs :(

Not spending ludicrous sums that you haven't generated yourself but ambitious enough to get in quality players, a quality manager and make a good, honest go and trying to achieve things rather than settling for mediocrity or buying the league.

Can't believe I am jealous of Spurs :(

Edited by Gejon

A russian billionaire.. they'd get the club far more than any rich Arab, they should stick to the horse racing!

Or Bill Gates, but then all the pre match tactics would be done on windows 8 tablets and nobody would know what the fuck what going on. Although saying that, if we weren't doing well our new team of lawyers would find a way of us being awarded the Premier League :)

Someone who has the money to buy the club outright and invest in the squad. Not asking for £30-£40M players or trophy signings just players to take the club forward. If Ashley had signed Gomis and Ince or Sinclair most people would have been happy with our summer business but for the sake of £15m, which is small change compared to increased revenue this season, he's pissed off the fans and no doubt the players and manager too.

So a new owner who invests sensibly or sells a player for big money then reinvests in the squad rather than trying to do it on the cheap. As another poster said the Spurs model is working although not many players sell for £80M and I don't think they would have signed the players they did without that.

Ashley has the money and business savvy it's just a pity he doesn't have the desire to compete