Gout

Anth

• 2 years later...

So I've managed to get this not only in my feet but in my knees :lol:

Was unable to walk at all for about 6 weeks at the end of summer and the pain was fucking unbearable as it was infected too. 

Toontastic gout club 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Was unable to walk at all for about 6 weeks at the end of summer and the pain was fucking unbearable as it was infected too. 

Toontastic gout club 

Thought this only happened to mature aged people, as in 45+

My dad has it, I don't have it yet.

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

Toontastic gout club 

Gout in the knees is unusual. Have you had a definitive diagnosis yet? I mistook some crippling joint pain as gout, but it turns out I have autoimmune issues (my body is trying to kill me). 

Yeh it had to go through a consultant. She initially thought it was inflammatory arthritis.

I suppose once the tablets clear it up I can start running again. 

It's the most pain I've ever felt by a considerable margin, both my feet were fucked too and everything was really swollen.

Sadly the Dr initially misdiagnosed me and thought it was a skin infection. He sent me away with foot powder.

When it really kicked off I was by myself, couldn't walk at all and had no painkillers stringer than ibroprofen.

I was literally screaming in pain for about 10 hours, I even heard the neighbour say "what....the fuck!??"  through the wall :lol: 

Then I got tramadol & colchicine and the pain even made its way through that. Ye fucka!

I didn't :lol:

I had to move into my mams and make my way to the bathroom from the bedroom with my arms. Furthest I got for weeks.

tripping my balls off on all the drugs!

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I didn't :lol:

I had to move into my mams and make my way to the bathroom from the bedroom with my arms. Furthest I got for weeks.

tripping my balls off on all the drugs!

:D So, you rode pigs 

Not ashamed to admit when I had my worst attack 5 years ago I was crying with the pain. 

Only thing that eventually stopped it was the steroids I was prescribed for asthma but you can't take those fuckers for any length of time. 

Haha :lol: 

I was 8 tramadol a day, something called colochine which made me shite water and antibiotics. 

I was falling asleep and waking up in the same position hours later, holding my book at the same page or something. 

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

Not ashamed to admit when I had my worst attack 5 years ago I was crying with the pain. 

Only thing that eventually stopped it was the steroids I was prescribed for asthma but you can't take those fuckers for any length of time. 

Aye it's rank like. 

The doc has gave me colchicine for a month and allopurinol. Having read the leaflets the latter is as bad as anything and initially makes everything worse :lol:

"May cause gouty arthritis"

Ffs 

I was never tempted by colchicine as I knew it was guaranteed to make you shit horribly. 

I think I said earlier in the thread you really should wait till the attack's over before starting allopurinol then it's fine. 

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

When you’re unable to walk, they give you a drug that turns your stinker in to a tap?

Pack of bastards. 

Oh aye. I had some moments :lol: 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I was never tempted by colchicine as I knew it was guaranteed to make you shit horribly. 

I think I said earlier in the thread you really should wait till the attack's over before starting allopurinol then it's fine. 

Aye, it made me shite water and cough up liquid which tasted like bleach. Also I'd sweat like crazy. Awful drug.

The doc wants me on colchicine and allopurinol at the same time for some reason.