Gout

Anth

7 hours ago, strawb said:

Not a dig but I honestly thought gout was a Henry VIII type thing, you drink Port and eat grouse and that?

I was told it was genetic disposition. 

Other people talk of having trigger foods but I couldn't figure out mine but then again as I said I've only really had 3 or 4 attacks. 

22 hours ago, Renton said:

Gout in the knees is unusual. Have you had a definitive diagnosis yet? I mistook some crippling joint pain as gout, but it turns out I have autoimmune issues (my body is trying to kill me). 

RA by chance?

50 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hope all works out alright Renty babes. I'm in for a spermatic cord denervation soon - sounds amazing. If anyone wants the nerves to sprinkle on their dinner, I can ask the consultant to keep them. 

Sounds like a kick in the balls mate, hope it goes well and your nurse is more Animaniacs than Cuckoo's Nest.

55 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Hope all works out alright Renty babes. I'm in for a spermatic cord denervation soon - sounds amazing. If anyone wants the nerves to sprinkle on their dinner, I can ask the consultant to keep them. 

Cheers. I've got intermittent inflamed skin (eczema), lungs (asthma), joints (fuck knows), and now it transpires bowels (ulcerative colitis). The latter two are probably related, apparently. Autoimmune disaster area.

Did you have the snip which went wrong?

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Cheers. I've got intermittent inflamed skin (eczema), lungs (asthma), joints (fuck knows), and now it transpires bowels (ulcerative colitis). The latter two are probably related, apparently. Autoimmune disaster area.

Did you have the snip which went wrong?

Jesus that is a whole bunch of unpleasant shit. Any of it stress related? 

Nah no snip, but have had a sore knacker since 2009. Happened for no apparent reason and was mostly ignored by numerous consultants until this last one or two. Have had a few procedures to date and this is (hopefully) the end game. 

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nah no snip, but have had a sore knacker since 2009. Happened for no apparent reason and was mostly ignored by numerous consultants until this last one or two. Have had a few procedures to date and this is (hopefully) the end game. 

Jesus christ. Eight years of soreballs? 

Remember a lad at school crumpled after a heavy challenge (or maybe a ball to the nads), anyway it turns out he suffered a testicular torsion. :o 

Needed surgery to put it back the right way, but that was asap. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They say stress can cause flare ups, I'm not too convinced though. Just back from the dentist because of chronic tooth ache and apparently I'm likely to need a nerve removed then a crown. Oh, and then I got my hair cut. Some of my hair has just skipped the grey stage and just went pure white instead. At least I still have all my hair but have you noticed even millionaires can't get hold of hair dye that doesn't look ridiculous?

Being middle aged is so shit. :lol:

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Jesus christ. Eight years of soreballs? 

Remember a lad at school crumpled after a heavy challenge (or maybe a ball to the nads), anyway it turns out he suffered a testicular torsion. :o 

Needed surgery to put it back the right way, but that was asap. :lol: 

Aye it hasn't been a lot of fun, but hopefully severing all the nerves that head towards the offending bollock should fix it.  

Jaysus, you're all falling apart!  I feel ten years younger and I've probably abused my body more than most. ;)

Well, there was that ICU/coma/multiple organ failure a couple years ago but I promise that was an anomaly. <_< 

You've got my sympathy Renton, took them the last couple of years of my teens and best part of my twenties to get my UC under control. Steroids, imuno-suppressants, ant-inflamitories and a some random other stuff too.

Edit: Obviously Gemmill does too, a sore knacker is no fun. Tom too.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, The Mighty Hog said:

You've got my sympathy Renton, took them the last couple of years of my teens and best part of my twenties to get my UC under control. Steroids, imuno-suppressants, ant-inflamitories and a some random other stuff too.

Edit: Obviously Gemmill does too, a sore knacker is no fun. Tom too.

Fuck. Sorry to hear that, I hope I don't get that bad. Only went to the GP because I had bleeding symptoms and was worried about cancer (an old class mate died of colorectal cancer this year, 46 ffs). Anyway, the symptoms had cleared well before the sigmoidoscopy, thought I was in the clear. But noooo..... apparently I have UC. Oh well, will find what this entails tomorrow. Better to find out I guess. 

• Like 1