Ah-nold denies clemency to pensioner

Mags

What really boils my piss is that the man had a heart attack last year AND WAS RESUSCITATED. What the f*ck! Never mind 23 years worth of appeals. Never mind he's 76 years old, blind and deaf... they resuscitated a dead man after an MI only to execute him one year later?!?!? I am disgusted. What was the point of it all? Why not save the expense of lethal injection and all that crap and just let nature take it's course when he had a heart attack? Or does that just make too much sense. :yes

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060113/ap_on_...nia_execution_7

Allen, who turns 76 on the eve of his execution, has been on death row for more than 23 years. He often uses a wheelchair and had to be resuscitated after suffering a heart attack last year at San Quentin Prison.

What really boils my piss is that the man had a heart attack last year AND WAS RESUSCITATED. What the f*ck! Never mind 23 years worth of appeals. Never mind he's 76 years old, blind and deaf... they resuscitated a dead man after an MI only to execute him one year later?!?!? I am disgusted. What was the point of it all? Why not save the expense of lethal injection and all that crap and just let nature take it's course when he had a heart attack? Or does that just make too much sense.  :yes

Allen, who turns 76 on the eve of his execution, has been on death row for more than 23 years. He often uses a wheelchair and had to be resuscitated after suffering a heart attack last year at San Quentin Prison.

79039[/snapback]

None of which changes the fact that he killed 3 people.

79048[/snapback]

:yes so what you're saying is that if needs be these people should be kept alive at all costs so that someday they can be executed? What Mags is getting at is the fact that he was resuscitated after his heart attack, why not just let him die then? or is the need for revenge so great that we have to ensure the death is a controlled one of our own doing?

Seriously though, when we wake up to a world where the Terminator has the power to grant clemency in the state of California; what the fuck is going on?

What really boils my piss is that the man had a heart attack last year AND WAS RESUSCITATED. What the f*ck! Never mind 23 years worth of appeals. Never mind he's 76 years old, blind and deaf... they resuscitated a dead man after an MI only to execute him one year later?!?!? I am disgusted. What was the point of it all? Why not save the expense of lethal injection and all that crap and just let nature take it's course when he had a heart attack? Or does that just make too much sense.  B)

79039[/snapback]

79048[/snapback]

Congratulations on completely missing the point :yes

Seriously though, when we wake up to a world where the Terminator has the power to grant clemency in the state of California; what the fuck is going on?

79056[/snapback]

Far less scarey than the crazy little Texan at the helm tbh.

What really boils my piss is that the man had a heart attack last year AND WAS RESUSCITATED. What the f*ck! Never mind 23 years worth of appeals. Never mind he's 76 years old, blind and deaf... they resuscitated a dead man after an MI only to execute him one year later?!?!? I am disgusted. What was the point of it all? Why not save the expense of lethal injection and all that crap and just let nature take it's course when he had a heart attack? Or does that just make too much sense.  :yes

79039[/snapback]

79048[/snapback]

B) Hmmm.. must be my accent that made you miss my point? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were misled by the title of the thread.

Exactly Pud- my point was that I can't believe they revived him, spend a year paying for medical services,treatment and benefits to someone who for a while was critically ill (specifically you med folk on here with me know what that can involve!), fed and housed a criminal and then plan to execute him anyway after all that expense.

And it appears the prison spokesman is a bit befuddled...

Having suffered a heart attack back in September, Allen had asked prison authorities to let him die if he went into cardiac arrest before his execution, a request prison officials said they would not honor.

"At no point are we not going to value the sanctity of life," said prison spokesman Vernell Crittendon. "We would resuscitate him," then execute him.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/17/allen.death.ap/index.html

And it appears the prison spokesman is a bit befuddled...

Having suffered a heart attack back in September, Allen had asked prison authorities to let him die if he went into cardiac arrest before his execution, a request prison officials said they would not honor.

"At no point are we not going to value the sanctity of life," said prison spokesman Vernell Crittendon. "We would resuscitate him," then execute him.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/17/allen.death.ap/index.html

81151[/snapback]

American common sense - an oxymoron of the highest order! :rolleyes: