Billy Connolly

catmag

I never found him funny.Shouting in a scottish accent whilst telling non-funny stories never did it for me

I'm sure this will come as worse news than his medical diagnosis.

All the best. What a kick in the balls to get one that's potentially beatable and one that isn't tagged onto it.

His Parkinson appearance from the 70s with Lauaren Bacall and Jimmy Reid is brilliant, not sure if you can see it on youtube.

He also beleives something that I think is generally true as well: "the upper classes and the working classes get on quite well in my experience, its those fuckers in the middle who ruin it for everyone" :lol:

Good luck big yin :good:

Sad isnt it. Wish the big yin the best he can hope for. Was the first comedian I considered a "fave" from when I first saw him. Kinda grew up with him and as I aged and so did my appreciation of my surroundings, as did his and I enjoyed some of this travel shows. Observational humour at its best.

Brilliant comic who has inspired a generation of comedians and created a variation of comedy that few come close to his mastery. Hope he beats the cancer and I hope the Parkinsons is manageable.

As an aside, that essembeeofsunderland thinks he's just a shouty scotsman further proves that he doesn't know much about anything.

He's a shouty scotsman so i know something about him or do you think he doesn't shout and isn't a scotsman.

Well he demonstrably isn't, so you don't.

He will shout and he is a Scotsman, that doesn't make him a shouty Scotsman i.e. Jamie McClen was a donkey, he also has had sex, this doesn't make him a Donkey Fucker... You're obsessed with the mackems and you have masturbated, this doesn't mean you're a Mackem obsessed wanker...

Billy Connolly isn't famed for being a shouty Scotsman, he's famed for his observational comedy. Frankly, you just don't know what you're talking about.

Love his stand-up but particularly loved the series where he toured Britain on his bike. The episode in Newcastle when he was on top of the Tyne Bridge was class.

never saw that but will keep an eye out for it, any idea what the series was called?

He shouts in a scottish accent and is scottish so he is a shouty scotsman.right.What he is famed for isn't the issue or did you not read my initial post on the shouty scotsman.

I forgot that you're an idiot.