Is Papisse Cisse

Slayer

Ah ok... being perfectly honest I'm only using them because it's how Football Manager categorises them. I'm no expert on these things! Just seems a shame not to use the terms given that they exist...

I completely agree and feel that if there is a term that accurately and comprehensively describes that which I'm trying to reference, it should be used.

But apparently that's trying too hard.

Because people are weird.

Oh and Gemmil would be a rent boy, if only he'd remember to charge.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

De Jong plays in behind the main striker, as us non hipster tosspots like to say :D

Nice to see Fish still wounded after being pulled into line over this about a month ago :lol:

"plays in behind the main striker"

Is he the main goal scoring threat, feeding off the main striker? Is he focussed on creating chances for others? Does he remain in that hole by the D or does he move around? Does he hold the ball up for the midfield or turn and run at the defenders?

If only there was a term that removed this lack of clarity...

bloody Luddites

;) not really, just caught fucking man-flu and in a fettle, that's all.

FM has him as a Shadow Striker (hence my earlier comment) but I can't say that I've cross reffed that with his actual abilities. The implication is that all of our attacking will be channeled through him (rather than going down the wings and being crossed in I suppose). Being honest, he might well go some way to rendering our rather ineffectual possession game a little more potent.

That's if he's actually capable in this role of course.

I completely agree and feel that if there is a term that accurately and comprehensively describes that which I'm trying to reference, it should be used.

But apparently that's trying too hard.

Because people are weird.

Oh and Gemmil would be a rent boy, if only he'd remember to charge.

If no one knows what you're talking about, then you just come across like a bit of a twat.

Just wait until they become common place, so plebs like us actually know wtf is going on.

FM has him as a Shadow Striker

I use him as striker when Ferreyra is not working as he should, scores almost everytime he's on, and I think most of it comes due to his high intelligence rather than his technical stats. Could really work a bit on those technical stats of his, hope he's better in real life.

If no one knows what you're talking about, then you just come across like a bit of a twat.

Just wait until they become common place, so plebs like us actually know wtf is going on.

Hard to disagree with this, despite using them myself. It does rather defeat the point if you're using them to save time, but then have to explain what they are every time they're used. Especially since in my case that means I have to google them to make sure that they are what I'm saying and I haven't just made a fool of myself. :lol:

We should produce a glossary of terms or something! Or y'know...just not use them, I guess.

Edited by Rayvin

Hard to disagree with this, despite using them myself. It does rather defeat the point if you're using them to save time, but then have to explain what they are every time they're used. Especially since in my case that means I have to google them to make sure that they are what I'm saying and I haven't just made a fool of myself. :lol:

We should produce a glossary of terms or something! Or y'know...just not use them, I guess.

Or don't lower yourself because of the ignorance of others.

How would that work though? If nobody is using them for fear of looking the twat, they can't become common place. If Chez, ewerk or whomever use a financial term that I don't understand I'll ask, (or google it so nobody knows I didn't know it already :ninja::good: )

Edit:- Also, Since when have I cared about looking the twat?

Edited by The Fish

Exactly, do what you want, rather than what other want you to.

Or don't, its a free internet for now.

Of course we can do what we want. But surely the reason for any discourse is clear communication?

BBC local news reported Senegal were knocked out on Tuesday yet Cisse never arrived back until Friday.Did he get the bus back.

Whats your point exactly?

Err....rest on Thursday,train on Friday and play on Saturday.What was he doing on Wednesday and Thursday because he wouldn't have been training with Senegal on those two days.

The match wasn't finished until late Tuesday night, therefore meaning that he probably couldn't get a flight until Thursday getting him in late on Thursday night/Friday morning. Should the club have chartered a jet for him?

The match wasn't finished until late Tuesday night, therefore meaning that he probably couldn't get a flight until Thursday getting him in late on Thursday night/Friday morning. Should the club have chartered a jet for him?

They did, Us and West Ham hired a private plane to bring him and Kouyate back.

The inability to understand that you can't just pop back from Equatorial Guinea of an evening once you've had a kick about is baffling.

Still not entirely sure what his point is anyway.

:lol: We fucking won 3-0 anyway man you crazy bastard! He was never going to start coming off playing that many games and travelling anyway and he still even ended up being brought on. You daft mackem wank.