Ameobi out for the rest of the season?

Scottish Mag

Nobody is saying Shola is class, is the answer to our striker problem, etc etc...but what I'm saying is that the shit he gets is ott and he is IMO better than Chopra. Yes, he's not very good, but he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. Piece of piss boo-boy target imo.

79958[/snapback]

He certainly is a scapegoat. I don't think there is much difference between Chopra and Ameobi - only that latter has played around 150 games more. A chance Chopra (probably thankfully) never got. But are not Premiership material and should be nowhere near Newcastle's first team.

I think I sometimes go OTT the opposite way with Shola when at the match and am a bit too enthusiastic in clapping if he does something half decent, in an attempt to counter the boo-ness. ;)

79965[/snapback]

You are excused, you had your Larry...

Edited by Isegrim

On a related note, Shola's injury is the begining of the end for Luque imo. The boo-boys target for the teams frustration is out, and I hear they picked his replacement at Fulham in the shape of the Spaniard. Not helpful, and I imagine it will slowly start to become the norm at home games. Support my arse.

I think I sometimes go OTT the opposite way with Shola when at the match and am a bit too enthusiastic in clapping if he does something half decent, in an attempt to counter the boo-ness. ;)

79965[/snapback]

Me too, although I started doing it in an ironic manner to piss off my dad. Now I just do it to piss off everyone else around me. It keeps me going. ;)

On a related note, Shola's injury is the begining of the end for Luque imo. The boo-boys target for the teams frustration is out, and I hear they picked his replacement at Fulham in the shape of the Spaniard. Not helpful, and I imagine it will slowly start to become the norm at home games. Support my arse.

79970[/snapback]

;)

If Luque starts showing some workrate, heart and desire to play for the club then he won't be a scapegoat.

It's ironic that the people leaping to the defence of Luque, despite the fact he's shown very little effort so far, are the very same people who slagged off Robert for not showing enough effort.

Makes me laugh, tbh.

I hope Luque succeeds, his demoralised attitude is very likely another symptom of the Souness Effect, but the fact is, he doesn't look at all interested and that's nowt to do with fitness, or needing time to settle in.

BTW Ameobi is a liability, gives away more freekicks than any Newcastle player I've ever seen because he's out of his depth at this level of football.

First division player at best, or whatever it's called this week.

Edited by Howaythelads

Agree with that re: Luque, I know he needs time to adapt, we aren't playing to his strengths etc. He still needs to show a bit more commitment on the pitch though. I got slaughtered for suggesting this on N-O.

1) No-one said Shola was any good, just that he is the target when the team are poor. Easy target, and people are afraid to slag Shearer.

2) My point about Luque was that he will receive the same treatment for the same reasons. I've been dissapointed with his attitude as well but now he is the boo boy he's knackered whatever he does.

3) That's right, because everyone who got pissed off with Robert booed him.

1) No-one said Shola was any good, just that he is the target when the team are poor. Easy target, and people are afraid to slag Shearer.

2) My point about Luque was that he will receive the same treatment for the same reasons. I've been dissapointed with his attitude as well but now he is the boo boy he's knackered whatever he does.

3) That's right, because everyone who got pissed off with Robert booed him.

79997[/snapback]

You lost me on number 3.

We weren't talking about how good or bad a player was, but the treatmant they receive during matches.

80017[/snapback]

I'm not talking about how good or bad a player is regarding Luque, I'm talking about the reason Luque might receive certain treatment from fans during a match, a reason that is well within his capability to avoid and is related to your point.

The reference to Robert did include the word 'ironic' and is again, related to the topic.

Boumsong would make an okay makeshift striker.

Can kind of head the ball at least..

80194[/snapback]

News to me like, unless you mean when he's marking someone a foot shorter than him or when he's unchallenged.

80194[/snapback]

News to me like, unless you mean when he's marking someone a foot shorter than him or when he's unchallenged.

80197[/snapback]

Hence the "kind of" part - nearly scored mind.

80194[/snapback]

80197[/snapback]

80203[/snapback]

Replace 'kind of' with 'can't' ;)

80194[/snapback]

80197[/snapback]

80203[/snapback]

Replace 'kind of' with 'can't' ;)

80205[/snapback]

Thanks for wiping out my thoughtful brainwave there. It was worth a try at least.