We need to get back to proper fullbacks..

Park Life

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sissoko is this fabled "box to box" midfielder, then I'd expect him to be covering Debuchy & Santon's runs forward. Or Anita, as logically the midfielder who sits "deepest"(?) But on Saturdays evidence goals 1 & 3 for Hull were examples of nobody taking responsibility for abosoloutely fuckin anything. Nobody covers in this team it would appear. Fair enough Villa was a good performance but we have several surrenders last season to also take into consideration. The pattern on this isnt good iyam.

Santon and Debuchy are attacking fullbacks.Griffin,Anderson,Vennison and Arron Hughes were defenders who weren't much cop at attacking.I would have any of those defenders,in their prime,before Debuchy and Santon .It's not that they are dropping individual bollocks,we are poor defensively because they are always out of position.And to think i thought Beresford was a poor defender.

Santon and Debuchy are attacking fullbacks.Griffin,Anderson,Vennison and Arron Hughes were defenders who weren't much cop at attacking.I would have any of those defenders,in their prime,before Debuchy and Santon .It's not that they are dropping individual bollocks,we are poor defensively because they are always out of position.And to think i thought Beresford was a poor defender.

WTF!!

Pardew's lost the plot man! He's gone off the rails!

It was him!

He's definitely a rigid thinking, zero inspiration, piece of crap manager. He's as hindsighted/shortsighted with his strategies as Mike Ashley is with his signings. And he can't coach for shit, he leaves his players depressed and unmotivated for the bigger part of the season. He hasn't lost his plot, as he never had any.

Edited by Aeris

Santon's best performances in italy were as a wing back with limited defensive duties...And it's beyond question that his best instincts are when he comes forward into space rather than any kind of defensive rigour...I mean these are basics I'm a little astounded I'm having to spell it out,,, ;)

Edited by Park Life

You're full of fucking shit Parky and you're getting pulled up on it tbh.

Have a look for videos of Santon at Inter.

Seriously mate....Are you actually saying Santon is a fullback? :lol: Does he look like a fuking fullback? Look at that hair ffs!!

Edited by Park Life

Seriously mate....Are you actually saying Santon is a fullback? :lol:

I'm saying he can defend - which he's capable of - to a high standard.

And tell me who played him at Inter with no defensive responsibility because you're talking out of your arse.

Here you go Parky, 3 minutes of Santon playing for Inter, mostly in the opposisitions half :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3jSXBg5s6U

:lol:

He'd be alright with a really solid def behind him and a mf that keeps the ball ie Inter etc...But in our side he's a bit of a liability. He has all the hallmarks of a wingback/defwinger....Very little in the way of actual meat and potatoes PL defender.

I'm saying he can defend - which he's capable of - to a high standard.

And tell me who played him at Inter with no defensive responsibility because you're talking out of your arse.

He's not a def and I don't care what Mourinho said or thought about him....He's a luxury def that can thrive in a dominant side...Got it?

Despite being 6'3 and strong as an Ox.

Aye. :lol:

Strong as an ox? Think we're moving into Narnia territory here Tom...:lol: HIs right knee is made of plastic for a start. I wouldn't even have to punch him just get him to carry a round of drinks.

Why try and talk down to me you bufoon he played as a wing back under Mourinho and Gasperini.?That's WING BACK. ie what I'm on about...

It's not rocket science is it...He's better going foward when there is limited defending to do or he's in a dominant side that isn't under pressure so much like us.

Edited by Park Life