Sky Package

Christmas Tree

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this deal. Happy Days :)

Open to anyone who is currently on O2 broadband (now owned by Sky), who rings up to cancel.

yteburym.jpg

Not bad, worth noting a lot of those come as standard, but still, Sports, E+, Movies, Broadband for £29 is decent.

I got Sports, Entertainment +, HD, Multiroom, Broadband unlimited for £46 and (because of them fouling up the install of both the tv and the internet) £100 on our account. which we wanted to take off each bill for the next year but must instead take it off the next few bills.

I'm currently playing £51 for what CT has outlined above and thought that it was a good offer. I did threatening to cancel about 9 months ago and all they offered was 25% for 6 months which I rejected and they called my bluff and so ended up cancelling it. It wasn't until I recently got a come back offer of 50% off for a year through the door just before the start of the league season that I got it turned on again.

Im paying full whack at the min, which is stupid. When the PS4 comes I was thinking of seeing what Netflicks type thing it has and maybe using that plus freeview. Maybe changing to BT Vision or something.

Im paying full whack at the min, which is stupid. When the PS4 comes I was thinking of seeing what Netflicks type thing it has and maybe using that plus freeview. Maybe changing to BT Vision or something.

I must admit Ive had Sky many times over the years and always manage without it, however at that price it's a no brainer really!

I'm ringing up to cancel soon and will stick with them if they give me a good deal. I'm more than willing to leave though so not fussed if they don't come up with something good.

I very rarely even put the proper telly on these days. Every show I watch is queued up on the Rasp Pi so I just default to watching stuff on there. I'd just go back to Freesat if they accept my cancellation.

I did the free months trial of Now TV about 3 months back when I was scouting out Netflix etc. They've just sent me an offer code for 4 months at £1 a month - unlimited instant streaming of fairly modern releases at about the total price of 1 old school physical Blockbusters rental. Love technology.

I only really want the sports - though I have watched a shit load of Attenborough too - because it's class - especially in 3D.

Generally though there's not a great deal on but I've got ESPN/BT/Sky Sports so the football coverage is class.

I'll want a deal when mine expires mind there's no way I'm paying full whack because it's simply not worth it.

If you are looking for a deal always talk to the disconnection people as they have more leverage.

I phoned up sky cos my router was knackered, I asked for a free router but the customer services advisor said they couldn't send one out and I'd have to pay 35 quid, which seemed a bit steep when the total package is 60 quid a month.

I signed up to Virgin on principle, when I phoned sky back to cancel they said at they could send out a router no problem!

Rang up to threaten to leave as i heard they always offer u 50% off for 12 months to stay. That offer, never came but i proceeded with the cancellation anyway. A week later an automated letter came through the post saying to call back now and they would cancel my cancellation and give me 50% off for 12 months. Currently pay 40quid for everything

I pay £100 for line rental, movies, sports, HD, broadband and calls package. Rang up last night to upgrade to fibre optic if they waived the £50 installation fee or I would move my broadband to someone else. The cunts flat out refused :lol:

Think i'm locked into the line rental for now but considering cancelling the rest

Rang up to threaten to leave as i heard they always offer u 50% off for 12 months to stay. That offer, never came but i proceeded with the cancellation anyway. A week later an automated letter came through the post saying to call back now and they would cancel my cancellation and give me 50% off for 12 months. Currently pay 40quid for everything

That's what I had planned to do but the letter never game. It wasn't until much later that I realised that I'd changed my marketing preferences so that they couldn't contact me in any way with an offer.

You shouldn't even need to if they're providing the wireless connector but you're maybe better having it anyway. When I got mine installed he initially wasn't going to do it because my phone line hadn't yet been installed.

They fined me for not having it plugged into a phone line. I think it's only your second box that needs to be plugged in though - just allows them to be sure that you haven't given that box/card to a mate.

Anyway as mentioned, now that they're connected to the Internet and box office stuff is ordered through that rather than the phone, there should really be no need for a phone line at all.

They fined me for not having it plugged into a phone line. I think it's only your second box that needs to be plugged in though - just allows them to be sure that you haven't given that box/card to a mate.

Anyway as mentioned, now that they're connected to the Internet and box office stuff is ordered through that rather than the phone, there should really be no need for a phone line at all.

:lol:

What?

Say_e2d2cc_2390314.gif

I pay £100 for line rental, movies, sports, HD, broadband and calls package. Rang up last night to upgrade to fibre optic if they waived the £50 installation fee or I would move my broadband to someone else. The cunts flat out refused :lol:

Think i'm locked into the line rental for now but considering cancelling the rest

:lol:

What?

Say_e2d2cc_2390314.gif

I have a phone line, but it's at the opposite end of the room and

1. I have wooden floors

2. I don't want wires run around the door frame.

If it has to be done I would rather run it out of the house and in through the wall that the TV is on, but I'm not going to get that done by tomorrow.