Christmas Tree

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

What?

Posted Image

Aye it's in their T&Cs so they stuck a 50 quid charge on my account. I rang and told them they could either take it off or I would cancel my account.

I was told that as this charge was because of a breach of the T&Cs it couldn't be removed, so I told them to put me through to cancellations.

Anyway as soon as I get on to cancellations the lad is offering to remove the charge, offer me all sorts of money off etc, but by that stage I had to stick to my guns and tell them to swivel. Within a couple of months I was back on with a year's worth of half price.

Gonna ring and cancel this weekend and go through with it unless I get this 29 quid offer.

I think the box is wireless anyway. I think the phone line is more for interactive services???

If the wireless box isn't for interactive services, what do you think it's for?

The Sky box isn't wireless on it's own - you'll need to get a wireless dongle as an extension which they charge £40 for.

Unless you ring up and twist like I did and get it free with the movie channels for £4 a month like I did. Then ring up and cancel the movies. But that's basically where your 'On Demand' comes from etc etc.

Dare I sauggest, merely suggest that you are both wrong?

My understanding is that the new sky boxes are indeed wireless.

Fish is right, the point of it being wireless is for interactive services. And it's only this month that the Sky boxes with built in wifi have been released.

Fish is right, the point of it being wireless is for interactive services. And it's only this month that the Sky boxes with built in wifi have been released.

So I should end up with a wireless box and as it's wireless I won't need to wire it up to a phone line as per earlier posts.

Everyone is entitled to one of the wireless dongle things now btw. So if you haven't been sent one, ring Sky and tell them you want one. There's a waiting list for them now apparently.

My dad got a letter through the post telling him he could get one free and contained a link to a public webpage. When I tried it with his account it went through no problem but when I tried it I was told I wasn't entitled to a free one and it'd cost be £20 to order one.

Though his expected delivery date is in 3 months time, FFS. If they're so short on stock then why are they giving them away free?

Everyone is entitled to one of the wireless dongle things now btw. So if you haven't been sent one, ring Sky and tell them you want one. There's a waiting list for them now apparently.

Eh? The swindling bastards tried to charge me about £40!!

Fair one - I'm only got mind a couple of weeks ago! To be fair to them they were quite accommodating when I told them to fuck off because it's their fault I need it anyway.

They are big on customer satisfaction - believe it or not. Thankfully rivals like BT & Virgin have given them something to think about.

Aye. They have departments set up so that you don't.

You'll surely get something out of them. Tell them how cheap your ''mates'' got it - i.e CT & how you can get a deal with BT or something. You can still get the sky sports on BT anyway - and I think Virgin do BT sports for free etc etc.

Beautiful simple install.

Wires out of Humax and into sky. Job done.

No need for phone line unless I want ppv.

So millions of exciting stuff to watch, total head fuck looking through. Just about to decide and then junior returned from nursery so it's the fucking Disney channel til bedtime by which point out lass will be gearing up for soaps.

Multiroom you say :lol:

Beautiful simple install.

Wires out of Humax and into sky. Job done.

No need for phone line unless I want ppv.

So millions of exciting stuff to watch, total head fuck looking through. Just about to decide and then junior returned from nursery so it's the fucking Disney channel til bedtime by which point out lass will be gearing up for soaps.

Multiroom you say :lol:

Extra £10 a month, they'll probably give you the extra box for nowt.