Everton - Newcastle United

Aeris

Yeah for all their noble intentions Sky are as bad as anyone...Froome, unless you're a cycling anorak, came from nowhere as far as I can make out the year before last.

Without a doubt. Funny how Sky have a load of cyclists with rare blood disorders. Anyways, thats for another thread!

Sissoko was utter shite, Anita was poor IMO, but I see some people on here thought he was ok. I thought he was lightweight and wasteful.

The second half was a combo of Everton taking their foot off the gas and us having a bollocking / putting on Cabaye and getting a better balance.

Where do we go from here? Seriously. We seem so disjointed and poor and wasteful.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt. Funny how Sky have a load of cyclists with rare blood disorders. Anyways, thats for another thread!

Sissoko was utter shite, Anita was poor IMO, but I see some people on here thought he was ok. I thought he was lightweight and wasteful.

The second half was a combo of Everton taking their foot off the gas and us having a bollocking / putting on Cabaye and getting a better balance.

Where do we go from here? Seriously. We seem so disjointed and poor and wasteful.

He was, but to me, he along with Gouffran were the only ones who actually seem bothered in the first half.

Well the Ashley gamble is about to go tits up there doesn't seem to be any team spirit at all. Newcastle over the years have always had a goal scorer a proper front man Mcdonald,Ferdinand,Cole,Shearer,Caroll now I'm not that familiar with modern football terms so bear with me. We don't have a proper front man like the people I've mentioned we seem to rely on players like Ben Arfa, or Cabaye to score wonder goals . When was the last time a Newcastle player scored a hatrick ? I can't remember. If the ball was supplied to those proper front men and it was by our wingers you were almost guaranteed goals and to win games. There's no passion on the pitch the shirt means nothing to these players playing for us there's no team spirit the manager seems clueless and the owners not bothered. The only people who care are the fans the 50,000 who go every fortnight and the millions worldwide who know everything is wrong at the club but still go. I don't no of any other football fans who would put up with what's going on here but it's become acceptable its part and parcel of being a Newcastle fan even the regular kick in the balls of Ashley has now become the normal thing. To me last night was the start of the downward spiral for the club we are now 16th in the league with 5 difficult league games to play I don't see us improving that position in fact we may even drop down further. I'm sure not everyone will agree with what I've wrote and I'm bound to be pulled up by the grammar police but you know at the end of the day that doesn't bother me. What matters is what's happening or not happening at the club.

Remy will (and has) scored goals.

I think we need to shift Yanga out to full back and get Debuchy out of the team. Anita is too lightweight for me. Cabaye has to come back in for him. Sissoko & Tiote need to start dominate in midfield. Thats what I would do next game.

I disagree, Ramieres , Paulhinio, Swinesteiger, Toure, nearly every big team has a quality midfielder who can operate well in both directions, it's just you need to be absolute quality to do it well, a complete midfielder pretty much.

Aye spot on. I'd now add Pogba to that list as well. Plus Man City now have Fernandinho as well so play two of them together.

Remy will (and has) scored goals.

I think we need to shift Yanga out to full back and get Debuchy out of the team. Anita is too lightweight for me. Cabaye has to come back in for him. Sissoko & Tiote need to start dominate in midfield. Thats what I would do next game.

I thought Debuchy did okay last night to be honest. Agree about Cabaye he's got be in there at all costs. Anita physique is a problem but do you really think Tiote and Sissoko have done more than him recently? I dont. I cant remember if Sissoko made a single correct pass last night. And the only ones from Tiote are either sideways or backwards.

i can't remember a time i cared less about the club. sad state of affairs really but ashley has just killed my enjoyment of it to the point that i don't even get that worked up our failures anymore, i'm just sort of resigned to it as long as the fat cunt's in charge.

i was more excited about breaking bad last night than the football tbh

i can't remember a time i cared less about the club. sad state of affairs really but ashley has just killed my enjoyment of it to the point that i don't even get that worked up our failures anymore, i'm just sort of resigned to it as long as the fat cunt's in charge.

I feel exactly the same.

I feel exactly the same.

So neither of you fancy my spare ticket for Cardiff on Saturday?...possible ruck with the Soul Crew? :)

Same to be honest. Only Debuchy and Anita could say that they put a bit of effort in yesterday. Sissoko's worst game, and Santon... where do I begin. It looks like he's lost a yard of pace, terrible positioning, was tackled way too easily, gave the ball away time after time. Just an awful performance.

Tactically, I thought Pardew shit himself last night. There were abut 5 formations employed throughout the game and not one of them was really effective. They just bossed us completely. I admit that I was one who was calling for Pardew to drop Cisse, and thought it was bold to bench Cabaye (whether or not he wasn't 100% may have influenced this tbf). But he should have made changes after the second goal went in I thought. There was just nothing on at all. I remember one time in the second half, Remy had done really well to get to the byline on the left, decently crossed it into the box... the only person in camera shot was Cabaye outside the 18 yard box. Just summed it up for me. Some good players are at our club right now. Whether it is their fault, the managers or a combination of both I am not sure, but I'll tell you what, they need to buck the fuck up if they expect to stay in the league. Second half aside (Where I believe that our coming back into the game depended on Everton complacently backing off a bit rather than our ingenuity and craft), the first half was worse than relegation quality.

Edited by ADP

I remember one time in the second half, Remy had done really well to get to the byline on the left, decently crossed it into the box... the only person in camera shot was Cabaye outside the 18 yard box. Just summed it up for me.

I saw that, I was wondering where Sissoko was and the camera panned back to find him on half way!!!

He has been awful all season for me.

There was a moment right at the end of the game when he was fairly tackled on the edge of the box, we still had possession and he stayed down pulling his socks up for about 20 seconds until the opportunity was gone.

I'm screaming for him to get up and recognise the urgent need for an equaliser.

If anything, last night underlined the need for a leader on the pitch. At the minute we're rudderless and if we're not playing with our tails up there's nobody motivating/bollocking the team until half time, and even then I don't think this squad pay much attention to Pardew.

I don't know where to start...ok then, weak manager, weak defence, some midfield (like a "rainbow club in amsterdam"), some offence (like ricky hatton against manny pacquiao)...the most important thing is that since the departure of Nolan and Barton i don't see any men in the team, even among our defenders there are no men, only some pussies, and the biggest of them all is Pards - big words, no deeds, lots of exueses. For Everton it was like a walk in the park, for us...we can't even stand on our feet, what about walking in the park...weak weak N United

If we're being honest I think we all realised when there was no investment in the team we would reach a point like this. The only thing is I don't think we thought it would happen so soon. We can expect the usual pre match press conference every week now until Pardew goes. "it's a big game etc etc ". I suppose that leads to the inevitable question who's mad enough to come and work under this regime?. My guess would be Beardsley reserve team manager working under the regime and local hero so that would tick a couple of boxes apart from him who knows?.

Yes, under Asley we'll never get a real football mastermind, also, i see no passion, no motivation, no self-development ambition in most of the players. If i ask Tiote, Cheik, do you think you're a good player, and if the answer is "yes", then i'll ask him, so you think you can compare with Xabi Alonso and Yaya Toure...because in comparison to them you're nothing but a clown, same i can ask all of NUFC players, exept Benny, Krul, Anita and one or two more names...ok your Boss sucks, your owner sucks, your director sucks a lot, so what you do you do to improve your qualities and leave this sinking boat...we can sink giving our reserve team players and academy talents a chanse to play, we can loose every game withot spending millions on weaklings...strange game is football nowadays, game or scenario nobody really knows