Cardiff - Newcastle

Aeris

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardew has a selection headache for Liverpool game.

I think MYM is probably a better bet against Suarez and Sturridge, but Williamson has looked largely solid.

If we play Colo and MYM together I can see any side just playing straight balls over the top and waiting for it all to go spectacularly wrong.

One or other has to start commanding in the air.

Liverpool won't be playing high balls into the box .They will be running wide right and wide left so i expect our fulbacks to have their work cut out and fail miserably to keep a check on Suarez and Sturridge so i predict a 3 v 0 victory to the opposition if Santon and Debuchy are in defence.If we get at them early on as the smb did then we may get something out of the game but my £1 will be on Liverpool.

Pardew has a selection headache for Liverpool game.

I think MYM is probably a better bet against Suarez and Sturridge, but Williamson has looked largely solid.

If we play Colo and MYM together I can see any side just playing straight balls over the top and waiting for it all to go spectacularly wrong.

One or other has to start commanding in the air.

Suarez and Sturridge will make him go around in so many circles there'll be a freakin tornado on the pitch. Yeah he did alright at Cardiff apart from that gaffe, but thats just it, he's quite likely to do something similar again.

Regarding the Liverpool game:

As much as I'd like to see Pardew go for it and keep with the current system of Gouf / Cisse / Remy, I really don't think he's got the Kahuna's for it, especially after the pummeling we took from them last season.

I can see him playing 5-3-2 or similar, packing the centre of the pitch and having Jonas / Debuchey as full backs / wing backs.

Krul

Debuchy - Williamson - Collo - Taylor - Jonas

Sissoko - Tiote - Cabaye

Remy - Gouffran

It saddens me to say we'll play this defensive when you see the likes of Hull taking on the big boys and not being afraid, but I think Pardew will want to nick a moral boosting draw or at least see only a couple of goals shipped past us due to the following games and how easily we seem to lose confidence.

Edited by scotty84

Regarding the Liverpool game:

As much as I'd like to see Pardew go for it and keep with the current system of Gouf / Cisse / Remy, I really don't think he's got the Kahuna's for it, especially after the pummeling we took from them last season.

I can see him playing 5-3-2 or similar, packing the centre of the pitch and having Jonas / Debuchey as full backs / wing backs.

Krul

Debuchy - Williamson - Collo - Taylor - Jonas

Sissoko - Tiote - Cabaye

Remy - Gouffran

It saddens me to say we'll play this defensive when you see the likes of Hull taking on the big boys and not being afraid, but I think Pardew will want to nick a moral boosting draw or at least see only a couple of goals shipped past us due to the following games and how easily we seem to lose confidence.

If that formation happens I will personally kidnap CT and hang him up for display in fenwicks window.

If that formation happens I will personally kidnap CT and hang him up for display in fenwicks window.

I'm back in newcastle for this game so here's to hoping!

Just to note - this isn't a formation I want to see him play, but I can see him doing something along these lines.

I'm back in newcastle for this game so here's to hoping!

Just to note - this isn't a formation I want to see him play, but I can see him doing something along these lines.

Why? When was the last time he played 3 centre backs?

Why? When was the last time he played 3 centre backs?

I can see him going defensive and playing counter attack, they tore us apart last season with through balls. Maybe not this formation exactly, but I can see him changing it around to pack the centre of the pitch, perhaps 451.

No one plays 3-5-2 anymore. If we were to buck the trend, santon and Debuchy would both be well suited to playing the wing back role. Santon, definitely. Can't see it though, it went out with Blur and Oasis.

Oh my, i had no idea stellar stripes was deano. Can't believe he has the nerve. Didn't he threaten legal action after the link to his website was put up? That thread was nearly gold status. Must have been a few years ago now, disappointed the young man never got an airing on rogue traders.

For those that werent around then...

http://www.justgiving.com/thesirbobbyrobsonfoundation/58

http://www.justgiving.com/thesirbobbyrobsonfoundation/57

Edited by JaMoUsE

The lad posted here for 6 years in good faith, was harmless and handled this situation wrong for whatever personal reasons that we don't know the full facts about.

If your going to let that sort of shit go on then this is not a place I want to be associated with anymore.

Cancel my account please.

:lol: